What do you wear?

GH: General Discussion

Moderator: LadyTevar

Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
Sick, Twisted Fuck

#1 What do you wear?

Post by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman »

No, despite what you're thinking, I ain't looking for answers like 'garter belts', 'fishnet stockings', 'leather bra', or 'spiked underwear', or even 'nothing at all'. I mean, what are you wearing mostly everyday?

Mine:

office hours: nothing more than formal pants and short-sleeve shirt. No tie, no suit. Damn it, Indonesia is a tropical country anyway, although my combination are mostly dark on top and light-colored on the bottom (such as dark blue shirt and ivory trousers). However, I wear hawaiian shirt sometimes; my boss allows it, and the clients don't complaint either.

outside office hours: khaki, multipocketed pants or shorts; khaki shirt or tank top/sleveless t-shirt; and outdoor shoes. I hate jeans, and prefer khakis all the time.

evening: black and white most of the time.

reception: now those are times when I have to wear suit, but I still prefer turtle neck instead of tie.
The Sick, Twisted Fuck | Sap #2 of the Bitter Trio | Knight of the e-mail | Evil Liberal Conspirator | Esoteric Order of Dagon | Weird TGODer

Share your free D&D character here.

:welcome :arrow: :sheepfucker: :thumbsup

So be it. If saying "NO" means being alone, then to hell with love, with romance, with marriage, and all the shit life keeps pumping at me. I'll walk alone, but with freedom and a healed pride.

NEVER buy a LiteOn CD/DVD Writer. Ever.
Brother-Captain Gaius
Initiate

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

Jeans and t-shirt, without exception. In winter I toss a hoodie on top.
Sick, Twisted Fuck

Brother-Captain Gaius wrote:Jeans and t-shirt
:shock: The boss doesn't complain?
The Sick, Twisted Fuck | Sap #2 of the Bitter Trio | Knight of the e-mail | Evil Liberal Conspirator | Esoteric Order of Dagon | Weird TGODer

So be it. If saying "NO" means being alone, then to hell with love, with romance, with marriage, and all the shit life keeps pumping at me. I'll walk alone, but with freedom and a healed pride.

Josh
Resident of the Kingdom of Eternal Cockjobbery

Post by Josh »

Jeans and t-shirts. For formal stuff, dark jeans and button-down shirt. My tech-sector affiliation lets me get away with it.
When the Frog God smiles, arm yourself.
"'Flammable' and 'inflammable' have the same meaning! This language is insane!"
GIVE ME COFFEE AND I WILL ALLOW YOU TO LIVE!- Frigid
"Ork 'as no automatic code o' survival. 'is partic'lar distinction from all udda livin' gits is tha necessity ta act inna face o' alternatives by means o' dakka."
I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain
Stofsk
Secret Agent Man

Post by Stofsk »

I'm a student, which means I could get away with anything if I was brave enough. I'm not, so I just wear jeans, a shirt of some kind, a jacket (it's winter now), and runners.
Sick, Twisted Fuck

Petrosjko wrote:Jeans and t-shirts. For formal stuff, dark jeans and button-down shirt.
Yup, whenever I have to wear suit, I prefer button down shirt and silver chains instead of tie. You know, the street pimp style! :razz:

(although turtleneck is still my primary choice).

Petrosjko wrote:My tech-sector affiliation lets me get away with it.
Tech? I still remember you said your advertising company's got something to do with a hosted server. So it is getting more internet-oriented these days? Internet advertising?

Nevertheless, the hi-tech sector usually has more loose dress code; I ain't the only one DBA who wears earring(s). :cool:
Last edited by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman on Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

Josh

Post by Josh »

Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:Tech? I still remember you said your advertising company's got something to do with a hosted server. So it is getting more internet-oriented these days? Internet advertising?
We're in the process of developing a variant on psychotropic ICE that will compel you to buy Nike, Microsoft, Dell, and vote Republican. By the time you finish reading this sentence, you will have an overwhelming urge to drink Pepsi.
"Ork 'as no automatic code o' survival. 'is partic'lar distinction from all udda livin' gits is tha necessity ta act inna face o' alternatives by means o' dakka."
Sick, Twisted Fuck

Petrosjko wrote: We're in the process of developing a variant on psychotropic ICE that will compel you to buy Nike, Microsoft, Dell, and vote Republican. By the time you finish reading this sentence, you will have an overwhelming urge to drink Pepsi.
There is no way I would drink the evil Pepsi! :evil:

*tries resisting*

...on the second thought.... Wait, NO!!

*still trying*

Must. Drink. Vodka.

*singing*

The world goes round and round
But some things never change
Ba ba ba ba, ba ba ba ba
The joy of pepsi

B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

*holds up Mountain Dew which is a Pepsi Co. Product and gives in to the corporate whoring*

At work: BDUs of course.
Off work: Jeans and a tshirt, 98% of the time black. Jean shorts or long jeans either or.
Dress up: Slacks, white buttonup shirt, gold buckled black leather belt, black leather full length trenchcoat ^_^
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
Stofsk
Secret Agent Man

Post by Stofsk »

What's a BDU?
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

Battle Dress Uniform, common camo uniform of the military. Usually found in multiple designs and variations of color from olive drab green to standard issue jungle camos to grey, black and white urbans, white and blue artic gear and brown, tan and black deserts.
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
Gandalf
Istar Comissar

Post by Gandalf »

As a full time student, jeans and a t-shirt.

When I go out, jeans and a t-shirt.

When I go out somewhere nice, jeans and a nice t-shirt.
"Your personal motto is a self serving piece of wankery spouted by a insane egomanic?" -Frigidmagi

DIE YOU SKINNY FUCK -
B4UTRUST
Pcm979
Adept

Post by Pcm979 »

When I'm alone in the house? Pants.
When I've got company? Pants and a t-shirt.
When I'm going out? Jeans and a t-shirt.
When I'm going somewhere nice? Khaki pants and a shirt with buttons.

Winter? I wear everything. :wink:
"Are you trying to give me a spasm?" ~The Necrontyr Messenger
Sick, Twisted Fuck

Pcm979 wrote:Khaki pants and a shirt with buttons.
I love khaki pants, but the multipocketed, outdoor model. There's a local brand in Indonesia called 'Alpina'; they make professional-grade outdoor pants instead of those pseudos offered by Watchout!

Destructionator XV
Lead Programmer

Post by Destructionator XV »

Normal: T-Shirt, sweatpants, and my sweater.
this is almost always what I wear.

Feeling fancy: MY 3 piece suit.
Bike riding: Good old lycra jersy and shorts.

Forgot to do laundry: jeans and random shirt.
Adam D. Ruppe
Image Oh my hero, so far away now.....
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

Generally Khakhis and hawiian print. SOmetimes I will wear a standard t shirt, usually evolution themed
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
Dartzap
Keeper of the Beer

Post by Dartzap »

Rugby tops and trousers in winter.. Shortsleeve shirts and light trousers in the summer. These have to be extra large, so that I dont appear to be as fat as as I look. :sad:
"Why hello! Could I intrest you in some giant bonsai trees?"

Robert Walper
Adept

Post by Robert Walper »

Josh

Post by Josh »

Yes Robert, we know what's under those robes...
The Morrigan
Initiate

Post by The Morrigan »

Work: Depending on the weather & what sort of mood I'm in, either a suit (very useful for intimidating people) or formal-ish pants/skirt & some sort of top ranging from collared shirts to knitted singlets. For some reason, most of my work clothes seem to be black or grey, occasionally enlivened by such items as an apple-green knitted vest or bright red socks. Black, low-heeled shoes because they're comfortable and I'm here to work, not for a fucking fashion parade and I've got enough to worry about without being in constant danger of breaking my neck.

Weekends/ after work: Jeans or similar, almost always hipster flares (It's not that I intentionally set out to by flares, it just seems to happen), usually with a singlet or T-shirt. Olive-green fatigue-style jacket it it's cold. Sneakers (white & green Dunlop Volleys), boots (tan RM Williams dress boots) or sandals (black flip-flops). If it's really cold, I might add a jumper and/or black leather jacket. Have occasionally been known to wear a skirt in summer.

Exercise: Mens' rugby shorts, 3/4 length pants or jeans depending on the temperature. Singlet. Zip-up track top if it's cold. Bright red joggers. Norman (Norman is my iPod. Thank you for not asking why I call my iPod "Norman").

Evening: Depends very much on the occasion. However there are few places in Brisbane where you can't get away with a nice pair of jeans (Levi hipster flares), a nice top and heels (boots or sandals).

Formal: Cocktail dress or occasionally a full-length ball gown.

Edit: To avoid the sort of confusion I've noticed on other boards amongst Americans: singlet = tank top.
The sickening taste, homophobic jokes
Images of facist votes
Beam me up 'cause I can't breath...

There is no universal truth. Fucking deal with it | Worship the Comic
Stofsk
Secret Agent Man

Post by Stofsk »

I have developed a strange fascination with wearing vests. I suppose that's something unique over the typical 'jeans & t-shirt' motif.
Bratty
Disciple

#22 Why Not?

Post by Bratty »

Work: Almost exclusively jeans. Depending how I feel, either a nice shirt or a T shirt. Tennis Shoes.

Workout: Workout pants, sports bra, tank top

Evening: PJ pants and a sports bra or nighttime tank top, or cotton nighty.

Weekend casual: Jeans or skirt, more daring shirt -either feminine or "kick your ass" depending on my mood.

Weekend "date": Comfortable dress, something feminine

Interview: Business suit, usually pants.

Club wear: Almost exclusively gothic or industrial wear. Boots or baby jane shoes. What can I say? ~smirks~ I am a weekend gother.
Last edited by Bratty on Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"She believed in nothing; only her skepticism kept her from being an atheist."

~Jean Paul Sartre, philosopher
Narsil
Lord of Time

Post by Narsil »

T-Shirt/Shirt, Jeans, and... Glasses

For almost every occaision... since I don't have much else... all you'll find in my wardrobe is many, many T-Shirts, a few dozen pairs of jeans, and a shirt or two. I've got some combat pants as well somewhere...
Bratty
Disciple

Post by Bratty »

We're in the process of developing a variant on psychotropic ICE that will compel you to buy Nike, Microsoft, Dell, and vote Republican. By the time you finish reading this sentence, you will have an overwhelming urge to drink Pepsi.[/quote]

Funny, I still feel amazingly left wing ~brat grins~ try harder.
"She believed in nothing; only her skepticism kept her from being an atheist."

~Jean Paul Sartre, philosopher
Ra
Master

Post by Ra »

Something black.
- Ra
Jonathan McKenzie
Half-Insane Snakehead | MSPaint Acolyte | Wierd TGOD'er

"Every time you stay abstinent...Kitten kills a god."