Al-Qaida calls on Ahmadinejad to end 9/11 conspiracy theorie

N&P: Discussion of news headlines and politics.

Moderator: frigidmagi

frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

#1 Al-Qaida calls on Ahmadinejad to end 9/11 conspiracy theorie

Post by frigidmagi »

guardian
Al-Qaida has sent a message to the Iranian president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, asking him to stop spreading conspiracy theories about the 9/11 attacks.

Iranian media on Wednesday reported quotes from what appears to be an article published in the latest issue of the al-Qaida English language magazine, Inspire, which described Ahmadinejad's remarks over the 11 September attacks as "ridiculous".

In his UN general assembly speech last week, Ahmadinejad cast doubt over the official version of the 2001 attacks.

"The Iranian government has professed on the tongue of its president Ahmadinejad that it does not believe that al-Qaida was behind 9/11 but rather, the US government," the article said, according to Iranian media. "So we may ask the question: why would Iran ascribe to such a ridiculous belief that stands in the face of all logic and evidence?"

Ahmadinejad said in New York that the "mysterious September 11 incident" had been used as a pretext to attack Afghanistan and Iraq. He had also previously expressed scepticism at the US version of events.

"By using their imperialistic media network which is under the influence of colonialism, they threaten anyone who questions the Holocaust and the September 11 event with sanctions and military actions," said Ahmadinejad.

The al-Qaida article insisted it had been behind the attacks and criticised the Iranian president for discrediting the terrorist group.

"For them, al-Qaida was a competitor for the hearts and minds of the disenfranchised Muslims around the world," said the article published in the Inspire magazine. "Al-Qaida … succeeded in what Iran couldn't. Therefore it was necessary for the Iranians to discredit 9/11 and what better way to do so? Conspiracy theories."

Al-Qaida also accused Iran of hypocrisy over its "anti-Americanism".

The article said: "For Iran, anti-Americanism is merely a game of politics. It is anti-America when it suits it and it is a collaborator with the US when it suits it, as we have seen in the shameful assistance Iran gave to the US in its invasion of Afghanistan and in the Shia of Iraq, backed by Iran, bringing the American forces into the country and welcoming them with open arms."

During his visit to New York, Ahmadinejad also changed his position on gay people in Iran. He had previously famously said: "We don't have homosexuals [in Iran] like you do in your country. This does not exist in our country."

But according to the American news website the Daily Beast, in a meeting with a number of journalists last week, he said: "In Iran, homosexuality is seen as an ugly act … There may be some people who are homosexuals who are in touch with you. But in Iranian society they're ashamed to announce it so they're not known. This is an act against God and his prophets. But we as the government can't go out and stop people."
Did Al Qeada called Iran a bunch of posers?
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

looks like it.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

What.. I mean.. I need a drink.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

And here I thought I'd never say a good word about Al Qaeda...
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

ok, now I'm in shock. I wonder how this will fly with the US 9/11 theorists?

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

It won't. 911 was an inside job isn't a rational theory or thought, it's a damn fanatical religious belief. Video confessions by Osama Bin Lauden have been waved aside as forgeries. Actually scientists declared to be either in on the scam or plants. Popular Mechanics declared a government cover rag. It goes on and on. NOTHING WILL CHANGE THEIR MINDS ON THIS EVER.

To be blunt, these people have mostly replaced any traditional religion with devotion to these views and behave much in the same way as fanatical converts to traditional religions do. Utter and total surety without even a shred of consideration or doubt for any evidence. Let me repeat, nothing will ever change their minds. Ever.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

I know, Frigid... I'm just waiting to see the mental gymnastics it takes them to refute this.

Probably no more than "Not Truly al-Queda" excuses, but whatever.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

Post by Batman »

Who knows? They might get creative and claim al-Queda was actually in collusion with the US government and are just playing fall guy or something.
'I wonder how far the barometer sunk.'-'All der way. Trust me on dis.'
'Go ahead. Bake my quiche'.
'Undead or alive, you're coming with me.'
'Detritus?'-'Yessir?'-'Never go to Klatch'.-'Yessir.'
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
'Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a sword a little'
'Run away, and live to run away another day'-The Rincewind principle
'Hello, inner child. I'm the inner babysitter.'
Derek Thunder
Disciple

Post by Derek Thunder »

Batman wrote:Who knows? They might get creative and claim al-Queda was actually in collusion with the US government and are just playing fall guy or something.
Oh, if only it were that easy. It's actually because the United States Government and Al Qaeda are both vertices on the base of the pentagonal pyramid that constitutes the New World Order. The base otherwise consists of: Satanists, horse jockeys, and the National Punch Card Computing Association (who will come back in a big way after EMP destroys more sophisticated digital devices).

For fear of being silenced, I won't reveal the top of the pyramid, but I will leave this riddle - Who lobbies for ears, but not the ones you hear out of?
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

The Jews?
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
KlavoHunter
Acolyte

Post by KlavoHunter »

Gasp... Corn farmers! We should've known all along! *a series of silenced pistol shots follows, slumps dead over keyboard*
The Minx
Pleasure Kitten

Post by The Minx »

It turns out that life imitates art after all: Link :smile:

PS: no way to embed videos. :(
Last edited by The Minx on Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Librium Arcana resident ⑨-ball
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Derek, I've told you if you're going to blow the lid off centuries old conspiracies, to use PMs. We can't have members constantly disappearing.

Huh...

I meant having accidents! Completely normal accidents! Yessss....
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

I seriously think we need to update to phpBB3 cause people keep bitching about no way to embed video in here....
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

You also still need to turn off comments for the blog.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

I'm about to delete the blogs in a general site clean up anyway....sssoooo yeah. Besides, I never liked that blog software in the first place...