New STGOD Ruleset

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

Steve wrote:Gratuitous Retcon: San Francisco is the capital - however, San Francisco proper in this world is on the mainland and not the tip of the peninsula where OTL San Fran is. IOW, my San Francisco is Oakland.

*watches Hav explode*
I weep for your nation. I WEEP!!!
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
Steve
Master

Post by Steve »

General Havoc wrote:
Steve wrote:Gratuitous Retcon: San Francisco is the capital - however, San Francisco proper in this world is on the mainland and not the tip of the peninsula where OTL San Fran is. IOW, my San Francisco is Oakland.

*watches Hav explode*
I weep for your nation. I WEEP!!!
Oh, I'm quite sure you'd feel right at home in UKP San Francisco. :cool:
Chatniks on the (nonexistant) risks of the Large Hadron Collector:
"The chance of Shep talking his way into the control room for an ICBM is probably higher than that." - Seth
"Come on, who wouldn't trade a few dozen square miles of French countryside for Warp 3.5?" - Marina
Hadrianvs
Initiate

Post by Hadrianvs »

frigidmagi wrote:Lincoln City (Springfield)?
In our timeline there is a city called Lincoln. It's a ways north of Springfield, and was named after a semi-famous Illinois lawyer. Upon being asked if his name could be used to name the town, the lawyer said that they had his permission, but warned that, "Nothing named Lincoln ever amounted to anything." Abraham Lincoln would prove his own words wrong some years later, but the town of Lincoln is still just a town.
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

In this timeline things worked out a bit differently.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

Hadrianvs
Initiate

Post by Hadrianvs »

With a population of a quarter of a million people, Lincoln, Nebraska hardly qualifies as a town.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

Technically, with a population of a quarter million people, Lincoln qualifies as twenty five towns.

Hadrianvs
Initiate

Post by Hadrianvs »

General Havoc wrote:Technically, with a population of a quarter million people, Lincoln qualifies as twenty five towns.
Now that's going too far in the other direction: 10 000 people is not even three times the number of students in my High School. I'd say Lincoln qualifies as five towns.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

10,000 people is the legal definition of a "Town" in several states, hence my comment. Lincoln, NE is quite firmly in the "small city" definition by most standards.

Hadrianvs
Initiate

Post by Hadrianvs »

In my capacity as a moderator I will now point out to all players that a minor discrepancy has been fixed in the ruleset. Originally the section fortress costs stated that each 10km of land fortress had a garrison of 1000 men. However, the fortress descriptions say that each 10km of fortifications has a garrison of 2500 men (1000+500+1000). On my behest Steve amended the cost section to reflect the description.

Also, the Second Rate and Light Naval Forts had mistaken reference to cost per distance. This has been removed, as all naval forts are individual. Here is the passage that should have appeared before First Rate Naval Fort in the Fortification Costs section:

"Naval fortifications are conceptually the same as in previous eras. Any point that is worth defending from sea-borne attack is also a point that cannot be outflanked by the same, and advances in naval propulstion and gunnery have done nothing to change that. Thefore the emphasis remains on fortified batteries carrying the same armament as that of the warships that they they are to defend against."

The moderation apologizes for these oversights.

Finally, there was supposed to be a unit called "Militia Division", consisting of a half-price Infantry Division with no artillery or machineguns. Since everyone already started working on their OrBats, this unit will not be added back in. Except maybe due to certain in-game events (partisans, civil unrest, rebellion, etc) and in the armies of the most backward NPCs. My sincere apologies to our Chinese and Mongol players.
Last edited by Hadrianvs on Wed May 19, 2010 1:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

No artillery?! No artillery?! WHAT MADNESS IS THIS?!

Hadrianvs
Initiate

Post by Hadrianvs »

Madness? THIS. IS. CHINAAAA!
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

Hadrianvs wrote:Madness? THIS. IS. CHINAAAA!
*Weeps*

Simon_Jester
Acolyte

Post by Simon_Jester »

Look on the bright side; we didn't kick you into a pit.

Besides, since we have so little artillery of our own, obviously we're in the market for the world's finest. As we like to say, "crisis" is made up of "danger" and "opportunity."

Well, actually we don't like to say that. That's just something business consultants made up. And as we do like to say, "consult" is made up of "con" and "insult." But that's not the point. The point is, we're probably going to make up for our woeful lack of artillery by buying some of yours, so you shouldn't be complaining, Mr. Whiny-Toga!
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Alright. It's been nearly two weeks since Steve put up the OOB thread. Where the fuck are half of the people that should be in this game? I don't give a damn if it's completed yet, just give us SOMETHING.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
Steve
Master

Post by Steve »

I gave them all 2 weeks for this reason, I knew we had people doing finals in college and such. But we are coming to the start of progression, I want OrBats and budgets by Sunday.
Chatniks on the (nonexistant) risks of the Large Hadron Collector:
"The chance of Shep talking his way into the control room for an ICBM is probably higher than that." - Seth
"Come on, who wouldn't trade a few dozen square miles of French countryside for Warp 3.5?" - Marina
Beowulf
Acolyte

Post by Beowulf »