Knights of the Old Republic Game

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Name: Riv Sivrak
Race: Shistavanen

Height: 5'10"
Weight: 180 lbs
Eyes: Brown
Fur: Copper

Languages: Shistavanen, Basic, Shyriiwook, Huttese
Fragmented Languages: Mandalorian, Sith

Description: Riv is average height for his species, though slightly thicker from his extensive physical exertions which have made him very strong. Riv,like all of his species, is covered completely in thick fur, in his case in a copper tone. Riv Sivrak's movements outside of battle are minimalist and well thought out, favoring careful control over brash speed. Riv wears clothing in the style of a Jedi, though his are colored mainly in grays and whites over the brown that is common among jedi.

Force Skills: Riv's personal philosophy on the Force has come through well in the skills he has developed. Riv believes that to become one with the Force, one must first become one with oneself. To this end Riv has become proficient in having the Force assist his strength, speed, dexterity, accuracy, senses, and other physical requirements including hiding himself from the senses. Additionally, Riv has begun to practice the healing arts and what he calls a Battle Trance.

Lightsaber forms:

Riv Sivrak's focus on himself as a Force user, he has spent much of his time focusing on his skill with a lightsaber, so while his more flashy abilities with the force are nowhere near as developed as other Jedi of his skill, he is far more skilled with a lightsaber. He has dabbled in many of the lightsaber arts, and so has a passing ability and recognition of such forms, but he has two of which he has spent the majority of his time.

Form V: Djem So. Riv's main form now. His constant training has given him a great strength and speed which he feels is best suited with this form.
Form IV: Ataru. Riv's beginning style, he still uses it in dire circumstances and when he feels the variation while give him an important advantage.

Lightsaber: Riv Sivrak has a somewhat unique lightsaber. Somewhat thicker than normal to allow a better grip, and also about half a foot longer than the usual lightsaber handle. The handle carries markings from his language engraved on the surface. The green crystal inside it is one that he found in Jolee Bindo's old hut on Kashyyyk's surface.

Non-Combat Skills: The Shistavanen are renowned across the galaxy as trackers and hunters, and Riv's skills with the force only enhance this ability. As such Riv is also very stealthy. His inborn patience makes him a good negotiator and trainer. Riv has also studied deeply on the more philosophical portions of the Force and universe at large. He has average skills with technology and mechanics, but nothing to brag about.

History: From the time he was a pup, Riv Sivrak knew he was destined for better things. His father and mother were both diplomats for the Shistavanen, and though he was born on Uvena III, he spent much of his life on tour of the galaxy. It was while on what was supposed to be a brief stop on Dantooine that Riv was noticed by the local Jedi population. It took a great deal of convincing for Riv's family to leave him behind to be trained, but the greatness of their son possibly becoming a Jedi was not easy to overlook, and so they left their child to train. Riv was 11.

When the Mandalorian War broke out eight years later, Riv was among those who believed the Jedi should get involved. He was still an apprentice however, and his master, an Alderaanian, stayed out of the fighting while Revan and Malek led the charge against the Mandelorians. Riv was tempted briefly to leave anyway, but patience won out over teenage bravado and he stayed to finish his training.

When the Sith War broke out four years later, the old masters had been proven right. The actions of Revan and Malek had led to their downfall. Freshly done with his apprenticeship, Riv applied himself to the war with fervor, though he was mostly assigned to guard duty, at the beginning of the war he experienced combat numerous times as the Republic was repeatedly pushed back. When the Jedi enclave at Dantooine was destroyed, and Riv's old master with it, the Shistavanen took it hard and retreated into himself for reflection. With the end of the war and the revelation that Revan had returned to the light side to help the Republic to victory, Riv took another blow. What was truth anymore? The Jedi had always taught him strict guidelines on how to live and how to act, but they were practically gone now, and their strict enforcements had lead to their downfall. There had to be some other way.

Riv Sivrak disappeared for several years then, digging deeply into Jedi philosophy and following in the footsteps of Revan, or more precisely, his ally Jolee Bindo, who had himself forsworn the Jedi ways while never falling to the influence of the Dark Side. Riv Sivrak traveled across the galaxy, earning his way onto ships through odd jobs, learning new ways of life, new languages, and new things about the force. He visited such places as Kashyyyk where he managed to reach Jolee Bindo's old home, and Korriban where he managed to pick up some of the Sith language. He still hasn't met up with Jolee Bindo, but he doesn't feel he is up to that task just yet.

Personality: Riv has a great deal of control over himself, despite his non-strict adherence to the Jedi Code. The Shistavanen has fallen in love once or twice, but nothing lasting so far. It is hard to get a reaction of surprise out of Riv, even on the occasions where he is surprised, as he always mediates his movements and actions. During battle is one of the few times that Riv ever lets loose, and even then it isn't by much. Riv is friendly but guarded around new people, though he warms up quickly to people he has known for longer.

Gear: Lightsaber, datapad, cortosis weave vibrosword, reinforced jedi outfit, normal jedi outfit.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

CT seriously this reads like you trying to dick wave at the entire Jedi Order.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

He's not that good a Jedi, is he.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Charon, please edit so that instead you get kicked across the room.

Don't ever auto a Jedi Master again.
Last edited by Cynical Cat on Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Sorry. I'd assumed she was going to be going with it instead of delivering the beat down she could give.
Agent Fisher
Adept

Post by Agent Fisher »

Name: Kelran Braka
Race: Human (Corellian)
Sex: Male
Height: 5’10â€
Morpheus:I remember that I am here not because of the path that lies before me but because of the path that lies behind me.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

... I don't think that shuttle can hook easily to the Sunrise LOL!

But yes, you can be my old playmate.

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

You're good to go.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

Hehe "you'll have to feed me first"... God I could twist that around so well.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

I'm amused that Dewaddik sends creds home to Mommy :lol:

frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Hell Jayne does it.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Remember at this time the Wookies have only kicked Czerka Corp off world a couple years ago. They aren't exactly well integrated to Galactic society and previously had been sold as slaves.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Frankly to me that makes it more likely that the Wookies have set up ways for folks to funnel money home. The old home world likely needs the cash.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Oh I'm not saying they don't need the cash. But the cash isn't so dear old mom can live comfortably. It's used to buy ships and guns.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Oh I'm not saying they don't need the cash. But the cash isn't so dear old mom can live comfortably. It's used to buy ships and guns.
*whistles innocently*
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

The ladies of StarWars doing Spice Girls was fantastic. Great Costumes there.

Vader doing "HammerTime" was just :shock:

And I think the Ladies should have won. :razz:

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Ok.. is Marcao still in the game or not?

If not, I say we let Fisher's PC 'buy out' the Mandorian's share of the Sunrise, and just go from there.

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Marcao's not in the game.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

I am at connecticon this weekend as of last night. My net connection is limited to my phone, so I am not going to be in much contact.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

CT will you quit it? Yoda would have bitch smacked you around the planet by now. Put your damn pants back on and say Yes Ma'am, Sorry Ma'am, because your character is embarrassing himself.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

I think the padawan needs remedial training.

Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

LadyTevar wrote:I think the padawan needs remedial training.
That is the point. He has a lot to unlearn. Unlearning something is often more difficult than learning it in the first place.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

I'd like to apologize for my shoddy posting lately. But work has been a hassle that usually doesn't start until 2 o'clock and doesn't let out until 11 at night. So when I get home I'm in no mood to post and when I wake up there's a dozen other things I need to take care of. I'll try to rouse myself into a posting mood again.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

:lol: Fisher just pointed something out. My uncle's name was Neilus Stravus in the starting post. :lol: