Vampire: A City by the Sea

TKT: For all In Character Role Playing threads - the Games play here.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

The pot Sandor picked up was about half filled with silver pieces.

Mendo need not have worried about protecting either the vampires or his master. Aziz's blow was struck and the guard fell to his hands and knees, not unconscious but definately extremely disoriented and no longer a threat.

Throwing around a body on a spear is a difficult prospect, even with great strength, the man she swung at managed to dodge out of the way, even as his friend was smacked against the wall. It was not a hard blow but it was enough to dislodge the man from the spear enough that she could easily pull it out.

The two remaining men did not waste any more time, they turned and ran for all they were worth, the guardsman tipping over barrels and crates as he passed them in an attempt to slow down his attackers.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Sandor smiled and tossed the child to the man. "Have him," said the vampire. "Now don't be stupid and I'll leave peacefully. Otherwise my axe will drink."
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Comrade Rudolf
Acolyte

Post by Comrade Rudolf »

Lyonel walks past the carnage of the fight to where the two men ran and scans the ground. He bends down to pick up a discarded cudgel that the man who was not wearing a uniform dropped as he turned to run. Not seeing any other weapons there Lyonel frowned. The other runner seemed to have held onto his sword in his retreat. The delicious smell of blood was mixing with the stink of a torn gut. Lyonel wrinkled his nose and put his sleeve over his young face as he moved back towards the disemboweled man.
Is this where I write some witty comment?
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

"Kill them," Lydia ordered the two men tersely. "No witnesses." Then she sent her blood rushing through her body, blurring into a burst of speed, avoiding the fallen crates in an effort to stop the flight of the two remaining mortals.
Last edited by LadyTevar on Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Sandor grabbed the hammer and the chisel off the shelf on his way to the door. He threw open the bar and stepped into the night.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

The family Sandor had accosted made no attempts to stop him at all as he left. They lay on the ground clutching each other and thanking God.

Lydia chased after the two men who were fleeing, but even speeding forward as she pumped blood into her leg muscles to run faster, she found catching the duo difficult. The men knew these streets far better than she did and she occasionally had to avoid dropped items. Eventually Lydia caught up with the guardsman.
Comrade Rudolf
Acolyte

Post by Comrade Rudolf »

LadyTevar wrote:"Kill them," Lydia ordered the two men tersely. "No witnesses." Then she sent her blood rushing through her body, blurring into a burst of speed, avoiding the fallen crates in an effort to stop the flight of the two remaining mortals.
He looked at the blood coating the ground. "What a waste," he turned to Aziz, who had beat the other man unconscious, and asked, "so is she the local sheriff or does she just like giving orders."

Lyonel looked through the guards memories of the fight, curious to see if he had witnessed anything worth immediate death.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Sandor hurried through the darkened fields to avoid a possible hue and cry. The vampire hurried towards the nearest stream, intent of entering and then wadding downstream to destroy any scent trail.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

The guardsman was the one Lydia truly sought, for his sin was the greatest, the failure... nay, the abject denial of his duty. "You die, false guard," Lydia snarled as she leapt for him, sending blood to her muscles to give her more strength on top of the Potence that was her bloodright. She meant to tear this guard apart and feed on his remains, then leave nothing left but meat for the dogs of the town.

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Finding a stream wasn't hard for Sandor. After wadding downstream for awhile Sandor was fairly certain that whatever trail that could have been used was lost. His keen ears could hear some shouting now in the far off distance, too far off to discern what was being said.

Lyonel sifted through the guard's thoughts. They were mostly a blur. They were waiting, then suddenly a number of figures arrived, none of them a friend. One charged forward and then there was little else.

The guardsman did not scream as Lydia closed. He simply turned with his sword, driving the blade easily through the fine fabric and digging deep into the Greek's side. Had Lydia been mortal, or human, that would have been the end of it. Unfortunately for the man, Lydia was neither of these things. She fell upon the man, still hungry for blood.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Having evaded pursuit and having destroyed his scent trail, Sandor exited the stream and headed toward the city. The darkness would shield him from the feeble senses of men and he now had the means to improve his haven if he could not find a better one. There were still many hours until dawn. Now he would see what the city had to offer.
Comrade Rudolf
Acolyte

Post by Comrade Rudolf »

"This man witnessed nothing." Lyonel said as he searched the body, "Killing this man will do nothing but waste his life and his blood."

Searching the mans body looking for secret holding pockets but found nothing but his money pouch, which he tossed aside, and a simple necklace with a cross. Smiling Lyonel takes the cross then tells Mendo to remove the unconscious guards well worn boots as he goes to call Philip to join.

"Perhaps with time he can be made to understand how his actions here were wrong. If not, then maybe he can be used in other ways to benefit society, either way his blood will keep better if he is breathing."
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

"Now, was it that hard" Father Florien said to his victim. "All you had to do was tell the truth. Now, for your penance"

"P.p.p... penance?"

"Yes. I must take my pound of flesh.. or more appropriately..."

At this point, the priest leaned in to feed. His bites were not gentle like the other vampires, and the bound screamed, and pulled against the restraints. Florien drained him to the brink of unconsciousness, then licked the wound closed.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Hissing, Lydia grabbed the guard by the shoulders and pulled him close, intending to sink her fangs into his throat and drain him dry. Then, she would remove the sword and use it to slice his throat, hiding evidence of her feeding.

Comrade Rudolf
Acolyte

Post by Comrade Rudolf »

"Mendo, when you are finished drag him to a different alley a ways off."

Lyonel scanned the alley looking for possible witnesses or any evidence of vampires but only finding the body of the guard. There were few windows and they were all dark. Lyonel kicked his senses up listening for any unseen observers. The fact it was a guard wasn't good, most people don't try and mug guards but it would prove difficult and time consuming to remove the blood caked uniform and they had lingered here too long already.

"Philip, play good Samaritan to the man and find out where he lives. Both of you wait for me at the bar when you are done, I have things to attend to."
Last edited by Comrade Rudolf on Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Sandor's trip towards the city was uneventful, and eventually he came to the high walls of Genoa, the fires along the wall were still lit and drowsy guards still stood at their posts, waiting for the last stragglers of the day.

Things were not so uneventful for Ottar. He had found a herd of cattle still out to pasture, and had filled himself with the subpar blood. Now he could see in the distance a group of twenty or more men with torches, they were looking for something.

As Florien finished his meal, the door opened slowly and a heavy boot stepped inside. "I thought I would find you here again." The voice was deep, cold, and calculated.

Giustiniani stepped past the entrance then and looked around. Nils arrived shortly after him. "I am sorry my lord! I tried to stop him!"

Giustiniani looked at Nils and then shrugged, "Still hard at work eh?"

The man struggled in Lydia's grasp for only a few seconds, and then the sensation of the Kiss overwhelmed him and his struggles ceased. Lydia drank her fill and then casually cut the man's neck, blood spurted from the wound, splattering on the ground. There were no gasps or struggles from the man. He was already dead.

By the time she was done, the other man had disappeared entirely, she might be able to find him, but it would take a long while.

Lyonel listened carefully to his surroundings, but heard nothing out of the ordinary, there were people but they were in their homes. Mendo had done as he was told when he suddenly stopped moving and stood stock still for a few seconds, a look of terror crossing his face briefly. Then it was gone and he looked around warily. A few seconds later, Lyonel felt as though someone were watching him intently, too intently. As though they were boring into his soul, giving him the Evil Eye.
Last edited by Charon on Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Lydia casually removed the sword from her side and tossed it down, before using some of the new blood she'd drained to heal the gash in her side. She frowned -- the dress had been slit in an area that would be difficult to repair, but for now her cloak could be used to cover the damage. Her maids would have to work hard to get the blood out.

Aziz had vanished, leaving her alone with the new arrival. Delicately stepping around the blood in the alley, Lydia walked forward to take his arm. "We should leave now, m'lord," she said in perfect Italian. "If you would walk with me?"

The change in her manner from righteous killer to gracious hostess would shock most who did not know her nature.

Comrade Rudolf
Acolyte

Post by Comrade Rudolf »

LadyTevar wrote:Aziz had vanished, leaving her alone with the new arrival. Delicately stepping around the blood in the alley, Lydia walked forward to take his arm. "We should leave now, m'lord," she said in perfect Italian. "If you would walk with me?".
The young man took her arm, frowned, then quickly moved to her other side and they exited the alley. Moving at a slightly quickened pace Lyonel
whispered quietly, "We might be being watched," as he smiled. He spoke up and asked, "So, what are some of the sites of the city? Perhaps a nice place to get a drink."

His eyes darted left, right, up and back searching for things that were out of place.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Before she could respond to Lyonel, Lydia felt as though a glowing hot sword had pierced her very soul and burned away at it some. She could feel something watching her intently, hard enough to nearly knock her over from it's intensity and ferocity.

Someone, or something, was watching her with evil intent.

And then, as suddenly as it had come, the feeling was gone. Whatever it was, it's gaze had moved on.
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

"Its alright Nils. Nicolo is always welcome." Florien said to his retainer.

"I am of course always hard at the Lord's work. Tonight His will happens to coincide with my needs. So what brings you to my Manse Nicolo? I would offer you a drink, but he is near death and I would prefer not to kill him" Florien said motioning toward the unconscious man on the rack.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

The dark streets of Genoa belonged to the hunters. Sandor had transferred the coin from the pot to his satchel. Wealth was useful among humans, but he did not expect to spend much of it. Now was time to see what the city had to offer.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Her sudden shivers could be easily felt here Lionel held her arm, as she froze like a rabbit in front of the wolf. Only when the evil feeling vanished was she able to look around, panicked.

{Byzantine greek}"Father in heaven what was that!"

Comrade Rudolf
Acolyte

Post by Comrade Rudolf »

Lyonel felt her shiver and heard the panic in her voice even if he couldn't understand her word.

"Yes, I felt it as well," he said in a whispered voice, "perhaps we should find shelter quickly before it looks our way again."

Quickly walking the maze of streets Lyonel searched for a busy street or inn. Predators separate their prey from the pack before going for the kill. Although he was sure he could not loose whatever evil was watching perhaps being in a large crowd of Kine may prevent an attack. It wasn't the best option but he did not know any safe areas in the city.

"If you know a safe place close by I would appreciate direction."
The Silence and I
Disciple

Post by The Silence and I »

Feeding done with Ottar returns to the city waterfront near his small haven. He appears to be in a surly mood but then again he usually does. It's hard to be sure. Once by the waterfront he spends the next small while prowling the shore as he often has in the past. This little connection with the sea is almost a ritual hearkening back to life before unlife.
Sometime monkey fall from tree.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

There was only one place any Vampire felt safest, and Lydia was shaken enough to give Lyonel quiet directions to her own abode.