Lord of the Rings: Online Referrals

C&T: Video Games, Table Top Games & Computerized Stuff
Hotfoot

#1 Lord of the Rings: Online Referrals

Post by Hotfoot »

As some of you know, I've been spending time playing Lord of the Rings Online, and I've been having a good deal of fun with it, but playing with friends is always best. The good folks at Turbine just launched a nice referral service: I plug in 5 email addresses, and the owners of each get 10 free days of playing LOTRO. If you decide to sign up for real, I get a free month.

So, anyone interested? I play on the Vilya server, and have a bevy of lower level characters for ease of play, plus a relatively badass main for twinking and such.
The Cleric
Thy Kingdom Come...

Post by The Cleric »

WoW >. Sorry bub :/.
Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river.

The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

yeah man..sorry.

I been playing WoW....on the dragonblight server...

if you wanna join up...I could toss you a referal code...300% XP...

I'm in a decent guild of whackaloons...you'd fit in fine there.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Mercury01
Acolyte

Post by Mercury01 »

Aw. If it was Age of Conan, I'd take you up on it.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Dark Silver wrote:yeah man..sorry.

I been playing WoW....on the dragonblight server...

if you wanna join up...I could toss you a referal code...300% XP...

I'm in a decent guild of whackaloons...you'd fit in fine there.
I've done WoW, I really didn't feel the love, and I quit. I really like LOTRO though. On top of the graphics being super nice, the class dynamics are pretty interesting. My main is a Captain, which is a crazy cool jack of all trades class that fits in well with pretty much any group.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

For the record, I posted a brief review of the game in an older thread here. Since then, two new classes have been added, the Warden and the Rune Keeper. The Rune Keeper is basically the mage class that many people have been clamoring for and does a decent job of working flashier magic into Tolkien's world. The Warden, for a lack of a better term, is basically like a Greek Hoplite.

In addition to all that, the new expansion added legendary items from the various ages, which you can level up over time, customize, and even deconstruct to forge a weapon of your own.