Poll: 37% of Miss. Republicans would back new Confederacy

N&P: Discussion of news headlines and politics.

Moderator: frigidmagi

Rogue 9
Master

#1 Poll: 37% of Miss. Republicans would back new Confederacy

Post by Rogue 9 »

Source.
37 Percent Of Mississippi GOPers Would Back Confederates In Civil War

Daniel Strauss – July 15, 2014, 10:01 AM EDT

A new Public Policy Polling survey found that 37 percent of Republicans who voted in the Mississippi primary runoff election between incumbent Sen. Thad Cochran (R-MS) and state Sen. Chris McDaniel (R) said they would back the Confederate side if there was another Civil War.

The poll, obtained by TPM, is full of goodies for poll geeks. Of those polled, including Democrats and Republicans, 50 percent said they would support the United States while 29 percent said they would support the Confederate States of America.

Broken down by party affiliation, 82 percent of Democrats said they would support the United States while just 9 percent said they would support the Confederate States of America. Among Republicans, 37 percent said they would support the Confederate States of America while 41 percent said they would support the United States. Another 21 percent of Republicans said they weren't sure while 9 percent of Democrats said they weren't sure.

PPP's poll was conducted among 501 Republican primary voters from July 10 to 13. All those surveyed said they voted in the Republican primary runoff for U.S. Senate. The margin of error was plus or minus 3.7 percentage points.
I just got back from the South last week, and somehow I'm not surprised.
The Paladin's Domain, My Blog (Updated 5/18/2009)

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." -- General John Stark

"A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle.
A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat.
Do not forget the difference."

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." -- G. K. Chesterton
Josh
Resident of the Kingdom of Eternal Cockjobbery

#2 Re: Poll: 37% of Miss. Republicans would back new Confederac

Post by Josh »

I actually am surprised. I wouldn't have expected it to be only 37% and that's actually kind of heartening.
When the Frog God smiles, arm yourself.
"'Flammable' and 'inflammable' have the same meaning! This language is insane!"
GIVE ME COFFEE AND I WILL ALLOW YOU TO LIVE!- Frigid
"Ork 'as no automatic code o' survival. 'is partic'lar distinction from all udda livin' gits is tha necessity ta act inna face o' alternatives by means o' dakka."
I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

#3 Re: Poll: 37% of Miss. Republicans would back new Confederac

Post by LadyTevar »

I have to wonder how many of those polled lied because it would be Politically Incorrect to say the truth. :lol:

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

#4 Re: Poll: 37% of Miss. Republicans would back new Confederac

Post by frigidmagi »

The ones not willing to tell a pollster that might not be that dependable in waging a insurgency against the US anyways.

Is there an age break down on this? Race? Gender? Those are actually more important then party affliation honestly. If this is a bunch of retirees saying it, I would be less worried then if it was a solid core of males ages 18 to 35 if you read me.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken