The E-D Survives (RAR!)

SF: Not to be confused with SyFy....
Ra
Master

#1 The E-D Survives (RAR!)

Post by Ra »

Alright. A hypothetic scenario, one that I wish so much was canon. In Star Trek: Generations, Lursa and B'etor attack the E-D, and the ship returns fire in her full fury, blowing the BoP up in one volley. As it should have been. For the sake of things, the rest of the movie, save the E-D destruction, occur as they did before.

But the fact remains, the USS Enterprise-D is still intact. How does this effect the events of First Contact, Insurrection, and Nemesis?

And, what happens to the ship herself?

My own speculation, is that due to the looming Dominion conflict, the E-D undergoes a refit to War Galaxy standard, like the USS Galaxy herself (Galaxy participated in several major DW battles, with great success).

Anyway, discuss.
- Ra
Last edited by Ra on Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathan McKenzie
Half-Insane Snakehead | MSPaint Acolyte | Wierd TGOD'er

"Every time you stay abstinent...Kitten kills a god."
Lord Pounder
Acolyte

Post by Lord Pounder »

IIRC the ship that became the Enterprise E was already under construction when the D was destroyed. Some other captain gets the second Soverign and the D gets a refit, life goes on as before, except Picard and his crew are in more danger in the Dominion War and in First Contact.
She Broke My Heart I Wanna Be Sedated

All I Wanted Was To See Her Naked
The Silence and I
Disciple

Post by The Silence and I »

Actually, this would have significant impact on First Contact; the Enterprise E barely arrived in time to engage the Borg before they reached Earth. Unless Picard gave the order to follow sooner I don't think a Galaxy is fast enough to get to sector 001 in time.

As for Nemesis, well Shinzon was trying to not destroy Picard's ship, so I imagine the Enterprise D would have done ok, the battle just would have been less flashy because of fewer torpedo launchers and less powerful phaser arrays. There would also be less maneuvering since the Galaxy moves like a beached whale...
Ra
Master

Post by Ra »

Since the E-E was on shakedown at the time in FC, would the E-D have been that far out from the Federation core? An argument could be made for both being near the core (Dominion War buildup, perhaps), or even further away, if they decided to send the Big E on an exploration mission (in that case Earth is screwed). Either way, I suppose the same hesitation would be there in the Admiralty to keep Picard away from the Borg.
- Ra
Jonathan McKenzie
Half-Insane Snakehead | MSPaint Acolyte | Wierd TGOD'er

"Every time you stay abstinent...Kitten kills a god."