How was your Valentine's day?

GH: General Discussion

Moderator: LadyTevar

Bratty
Disciple

Post by Bratty »

The night before, I had worked with both of my boys to put together special Spongebob Valentine's for their Valentine's Day parties, respectfully. Spongebob Valentines consisted of putting together a box that looks like an actual box a burger would go in, and sticking the gummy crabby patty in the box thus created. Final touch is adding names to the concoction so x person feels special "Happy Valentine's Day, x!"

The day of, I spent the day with my hunny. He put my wedding ring back on. It was the first day I had been able to wear it since the hospital and surgery ordeal. He was carefully meticulous in the way he put it on, took my hand in his, and kissed my hand in chivalrous fashion.

I then played Sid Meiers Pirates with him: I blast the cannons and do the duels, he woos the ladies and navigates the ship by telling me where things are in relation to where we are at. Even in game world I cannot abide maps :P. As a result, I was slightly late to Calen's Valentine's Day party, but only a few minutes. Madison went with me, and we helped the kids play games with the other school room parents, dish out ice cream and cupcakes, and clean up when everything was said and done.

Afterwards, we decided to diss the Father/Son guitar lessons that my boys and Robert take on Tuesday nights to go out to eat for a special Valentine's Day meal. We went to Chili's and had a jolly good time.

The next day was Madison's, aka Rocket, birthday. Although she has a party scheduled for the 26th at "the jumping place", also known as inflatable wonderland, we decided to do a special family thing. So we took her to chuck e cheeses, and much madness was had at the rodent's lair.

As far as stuff, this year, I told Robert I did not want flowers that would die or candy which would ruin my diet. So this month, he is getting me curtains for my home (something I really want), and a day at the spa with my best friend Ari to escape it ;).

For him, this year, I did unmentionable naughty things well within my doctor's guidelines for post surgery care which I would never tell in open forum like this ;).
"She believed in nothing; only her skepticism kept her from being an atheist."

~Jean Paul Sartre, philosopher