WOD Werewolf: Appalachia Moonrise

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Want to play a Werewolf?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:17 pm

Yes, count me in!
56%
Nah... too many other games.
No votes
Well... maybe....
33%
What's Werewolf?
11%
Try again later.
No votes

Total votes: 9

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Usually in a Wolf-Pack, it's Alpha, Beta... everyone else... OMEGA.

The Omega's the whipping boy ;)

I'm going to give you kids until Wednesday of this week to RP, then I'm moving the game along. Firewalker? If you've not posted something by then, I'm moving on without you.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

General Havoc wrote:Does that make me Epsilon?

I always liked Epsilon...
Epsilon is okay, but it tends to get the shaft.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Havoc you're totally gonna be the Omega. Glasswalker Metis from out of town? Oh yeah. :wink:
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Charon wrote:Havoc you're totally gonna be the Omega. Glasswalker Metis from out of town? Oh yeah. :wink:
Says the Metis with horns on his head, like a Prey Animal. :lol:

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

And we've got a mistrusted Shadowlord whelp with a suspicious and avarice inspiring fetish and a Stargazer Beast Courter. This pack is going to be all Omega.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Cynical Cat wrote:And we've got a mistrusted Shadowlord whelp with a suspicious and avarice inspiring fetish and a Stargazer Beast Courter. This pack is going to be all Omega.
Except the Fianna. :lol:

Devonie
Initiate

Post by Devonie »

Rawr!
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

LadyTevar wrote:
Cynical Cat wrote:And we've got a mistrusted Shadowlord whelp with a suspicious and avarice inspiring fetish and a Stargazer Beast Courter. This pack is going to be all Omega.
Except the Fianna. :lol:
It's nice to be the exception to the rule, isn't it? :wink:
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Devonie wrote:Rawr!
If her sig-pic quote doesn't scare you enough, remember that she's playing a Dom. :wink:

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

Charon wrote:Havoc you're totally gonna be the Omega. Glasswalker Metis from out of town? Oh yeah. :wink:
Good thing that nobody ever told Sophie she was destined to be the Omega. She might go for Alpha just to spite you all :grin:
Last edited by General Havoc on Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

General Havoc wrote:
Good thing that nobody ever told Sophie she was destined to be the Omega. She might go for Alpha just to spite you all :grin:
Ooo. Spite.

I can respect spite.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Good thing Garou mostly believe in equality of the sexes... if there's two Females running the pack you'd get teased otherwise.

Ok, so some will tease just because.

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

*HUGS CHARON AND RHEONIX*

You two have no idea how Garou you are acting, do you. BRAVO.

As I said, this is the last night for RP and introductions. Tomorrow night I'll be getting into the meat of things.

And I must apologize to Cyncat and the rest of you for not giving you anymore information on your surroundings. There are no other Garou, elder or otherwise, that you can see. I've posted why in the Game Thread, which I should have posted beforehand. I'll try to be more descriptive of what's around you and who's availlable to speak to from now on.

Please bear with me, I'm still learning to GM by Post.
Last edited by LadyTevar on Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Just a reminder to other players, Rage is exactly that. Supernatural anger. The higher your score, the more you have. No matter what their background, Garou are angry creatures. Even Ragabashes. Dealing with their Rage is a constant struggle for any Garou.
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Cynical Cat wrote:Just a reminder to other players, Rage is exactly that. Supernatural anger. The higher your score, the more you have. No matter what their background, Garou are angry creatures. Even Ragabashes. Dealing with their Rage is a constant struggle for any Garou.
To elaborate - having one's Rage rating be higher than your Gnosis means you have a real short temper. Shorten even this for every point of Rage you have above your Gnosis.

For the newer players (even you Ahroun): it is considered usually a good idea to have one's Rage and Gnosis be even, otherwise one gets...side effects, such as the above for one's Rage being higher than one's Gnosis.

In case you're wondering what happens when your Gnosis is higher than your Rage, well...you start turning into my character.

(EDIT: Fixed example)
Last edited by rhoenix on Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

FYI, I know how to get 8 soak dice against Garou claws without having a Discipline higher than 2. You pretty much have to be Tzimisce, which probably explains how they ended up being the most powerful Vampire Clan for millenia while sharing territory with the Shadowlords.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Cynical Cat wrote:FYI, I know how to get 8 soak dice against Garou claws without having a Discipline higher than 2. You pretty much have to be Tzimisce, which probably explains how they ended up being the most powerful Vampire Clan for millenia while sharing territory with the Shadowlords.
That and the ShadowLords probably made deals. :roll: :wink:

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

LadyTevar wrote:
Cynical Cat wrote:FYI, I know how to get 8 soak dice against Garou claws without having a Discipline higher than 2. You pretty much have to be Tzimisce, which probably explains how they ended up being the most powerful Vampire Clan for millenia while sharing territory with the Shadowlords.
That and the ShadowLords probably made deals. :roll: :wink:
A few.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Also, let's hope there's no vozhd lying around in Appalachia. Those bastards can soak it up and dish it out like nobody's business. It's not entirely out of the question. Just really, really, unlikely.
Last edited by Cynical Cat on Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Cynical Cat wrote:Also, let's hope there's no vozhd lying around in Appalachia. Those bastards can soak it up and dish it out like nobody's business. It's not entirely out of the question. Just really, really, unlikely.
Extremely unlikely. Not enough population to sustain them and they're too busy fighting the Camerilla in cities that matter. About the only Vampire you'd run into out here is the occasional Gangrel.

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

LadyTevar wrote:
Cynical Cat wrote:Also, let's hope there's no vozhd lying around in Appalachia. Those bastards can soak it up and dish it out like nobody's business. It's not entirely out of the question. Just really, really, unlikely.
Extremely unlikely. Not enough population to sustain them and they're too busy fighting the Camerilla in cities that matter. About the only Vampire you'd run into out here is the occasional Gangrel.
If only the problem was vampires. The Bratovitchs have estates out in the boonies where they practice their old habits of being kennel masters and huntsmen for their liege lords. It's unlikely, but not impossible, that a family might have a vozhd pit where they keep a zhupan's vozhd until it is needed again.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

My dear Cat, there are worse things in the woods than some Vampiric pet. :twisted:

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

LadyTevar wrote:My dear Cat, there are worse things in the woods than some Vampiric pet. :twisted:
My dear, you don't know the Bratovitches. Or vozhd.

One of the things about thinking about Werewolf for a while is that I've gotten hit with the "grass is greener on the other side" syndrome. There's a lot of nice tricks that Garou aren't nearly as good at. Sure as a Vamp you envy the heads up combat badassery, but there are compensations.
Last edited by Cynical Cat on Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

I personally find the more spiritual side of the Garou makes up for it. To me, the Vampires are too backbiting and soulless. (this may be the fault of those I played with)

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

LadyTevar wrote:My dear Cat, there are worse things in the woods than some Vampiric pet. :twisted:
To echo Cat. Do not underestimate the straight up scariness of a vozhd. Especially against a pack of Rank 1 Werewolves. Yes, I would consider it to be a really hard fight to put a single Vozhd warghoul against a pack of Rank 1 Werewolves. To be fair though, I wouldn't even consider it to be a fight if you threw starting level vamps at them.