His Majesty's Dragons

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

As DS posted first, and as Veritas is injured, I will go with the assumption that it was Hermecritus who has the first shot at the train. Hermecritus has sufficient mass and force to derail the thing, as does Veritas.

Please proceed and let's get rolling.

Moreover, as Tev pointed out, I wish to be clear. Everyone is on the ground at present, not in the air.
Last edited by General Havoc on Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Holy shit.

Havoc moved my character with my consent, in the interest of time - I wouldn't have been able to devote the time and imagination to post properly until after I got to work. Thank you again Havoc, and again - holy shit.

So, DS went, Charon went, CynCat went, I went by proxy - who's next?

(Just throwing this out there - freeing Fulminatus and Jeb first would increase the odds in our favor, in case you hadn't already thought of it)

(EDIT: fixed order)
Last edited by rhoenix on Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

*nudges Hermeticus* It's your post.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

So I realize that my posting schedule is as bad as anyone else's on the face of this earth, but EVEN THOUGH it makes me an enormous hypocrite to do so, I'm gonna go ahead and request that people post here if they want to keep moving.

Sometimes the pot DOES have to call the kettle black, you know.

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

I'm still in. Just haven't posted because I've been kinda busy and I'm still trying to figure out how to get out of the mess I'm in. :grin:
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Yeah, same here. Veritas is little more than a big, strong moving target at this point. I'm definitely still in, but undecided.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

You know I'm in

Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

Post by Jason_Firewalker »

i'm in
'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all'
-- Sir Issac Asimov

The True Resurrection would undo the chartrusing of the Gnome
-- My friend figuring out how to permanently turn a gnome chartreuse

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents
--HP Lovecraft in Call Of Cthulhu
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

**KICKS THREAD**

Ok! I don't want this to DIE!!

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Ok... a dragon that doesn't go insane upon his captain's death is more fucked up than anything else. It's like the bastards have no heart.

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Someone get Judith up on someone's dragon, and let's get outta here?

rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

LadyTevar wrote:Someone get Judith up on someone's dragon, and let's get outta here?
The madam already has her ticket vouched for on the Big Red Russian Express. If the lady will keep her arms and legs and head inside the designated sitting zones...
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Hehehe.

"Let us race!"
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

rhoenix wrote:
LadyTevar wrote:Someone get Judith up on someone's dragon, and let's get outta here?
The madam already has her ticket vouched for on the Big Red Russian Express. If the lady will keep her arms and legs and head inside the designated sitting zones...
Then post it and let's get going!

Kunja? You n' yers are NUTS!

Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

Post by Jason_Firewalker »

General Havoc, if you would be so kind to call me tomorrow, I have a friend interested in joining the thread and the site, but wants an odd dragon...
'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all'
-- Sir Issac Asimov

The True Resurrection would undo the chartrusing of the Gnome
-- My friend figuring out how to permanently turn a gnome chartreuse

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents
--HP Lovecraft in Call Of Cthulhu
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

I'm unlikely to be able to get on the phone tomorrow. Seek me out online by the usual means.

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

'gute Jagd, Ritter der Luft
Wouldn't that be LuftRitter?

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

LadyTevar wrote:
'gute Jagd, Ritter der Luft
Wouldn't that be LuftRitter?
The term is archaic. Luftritter would be "Airknight", in the same way that Kampfritter is "Warknight". "Ritter der Luft" means Knight of the Air, which in German, as in English, as a bit more of a poetic ring to it, and is thus used for expressions like that.

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

And because I am merciful, none of you shall run into any obstacles on your way back to England. Please feel free to post your arrival in Tangmere.

Avian Obscurities
Apprentice

Post by Avian Obscurities »

Oh hey! I'm a friend of Gen Havoc, and a fellow fan of the original novel series. He told me recently he was running this, and after checking it out I knew I had to get involved. I've written a lot, but never an active forum rpg, but it looks like a lot of fun and he said now would be a good time to jump in.

So without further ado, please to enjoy:

Captain's Name: Allen Marston
Captain's Age: 21
Captain's Description: Youngest son of a successful cattle rancher from deep in the Northern Territory, Australia (closest major town Darwin). Tall, dirty blonde hair, he carries a subtle air of maturity and intelligence that is yet-hidden under lingering boyish shyness. Quiet and patient by nature even as a young boy, he never fit in well in the machismo culture of the cattle ranch. To top it off, doesn't get along with his older brothers, and flat-out hates his father. He has had very little opportunity to feed his growing intelligence, as his education was very piece-meal and centered around bush lore and ranch operations. However, he is very good with animals, both domestic and wild, and is an accomplished tracker of small game. His patience gives him a unique edge in dealing with his dragon's eccentricities; in fact, it is quite possible that without him and his key traits of personality, his dragon would have become unstable to the point of self-destruction long ago.

Dragon's Name: Flinder
Dragon's Age: 3
Dragon's Breed: Dreamweaver
Dragon's Description: Mid-weight dragon, slightly small for the breed at 20 tons. Dreamweavers are built along slightly different lines that would surprise one familiar with the more robust northern-hemisphere breeds; the body is slightly longer and the legs slightly shorter. The wings are oversized and broad for soaring on thermals over the bush and desert, yet can be folded up surprisingly well and manipulated like the wing-spars of a fruit bat. Powerful, yet able to move very slowly and deliberately when stalking prey, these subtle differences combine to lend a sinewy grace to the breed (and add to the feelings of alienness and strangeness they inspire in observers) and make it easy to see why aboriginal cultures revere the species as the living embodiment of the Rainbow Serpent creator spirit. (More prosaically, there is also a slight iridescence to the scales visible in bright sunlight, at the proper angles. Flinder himself is a dusky, deep purple, with slightly yellow underparts.)

Like his captain, Flinder has an intelligence and curiosity that is just starting to grow. They share a wanderlust that encouraged them to volunteer for the RAF in the first place, flying in the face of cultural mistrust of the Dreamweavers. Flinder has a real love for family and community, becomes very attached to those around him, and genuinely wants people to get along. He as often as not tries to play the peacemaker, but his wisdom still has a long way to grow.

Background:

Flinder's big heart is even more surprising considering the troubled times he had as a hatchling. Dreamweavers are integral to and buried deep within aboriginal society, being raised as revered members of family groups. However, as an egg, Flinder was brought into White Australia society by theft after Allen's father, the rancher Richard Marston, poisoned a nearby aboriginal band (viewing them as threat to his stock and just more vermin on his lands.) The egg being cared for by the band was discovered and brought back to the ranch, and Marston senior entertained notions of leading a dragon-patrolled cattle empire. However, as Flinder grew into adolescence, he began going through fits of hallucination, paranoia--and sometimes violence--as his chemical glands developed. Marston senior and the rest of the ranch grew to hate and fear the dragon, even though Flinder felt bonded with them. Flinder soon focused all his energy into developing the only relationship available to him, with the patient son Allen.

Allen provided a calming, stabilizing influence, helping Flinder weather--and sometimes manage--his fits, and together they started ranging further and further to explore their home territory. Word of the "tame blackie dragon" soon spread, creating mixed feelings of fascination, pride, and fear among White Australia. Flinder and Allen largely ignored these sentiments when they volunteered for the RAAF; they simply wanted to see more of the world.

However, Flinder's episodes remain a constant threat. They range from idle ramblings and lucid daydreams, to panicked hallucinations. Allen is starting to realize just how hauntingly clairvoyant they can be on occasion. Although both of them have worked to mask and cover up the occasional severity of the attacks, both greatly fear something happening that might get them expelled from the RAF and sent home; or worse, get someone killed.
I accidentally all the Brujah.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Wait a moment. Havoc has friends? I've never heard such a ridiculous lie in my life. :wink:

Welcome.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Nice to have you aboard. I think Judith won't be up to talking much for a while.

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

LadyTevar wrote: I think Judith won't be up to talking much for a while.
At least you're not in surgery.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Cynical Cat wrote:At least you're not in surgery.
This is true. But my dragon doesn't need a Vemonspitter on his back to make him behave. :twisted:

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

LadyTevar wrote:
Cynical Cat wrote:At least you're not in surgery.
This is true. But my dragon doesn't need a Vemonspitter on his back to make him behave. :twisted:
The only thing that makes Frostfell behave is Nathan. Sometimes.