A store. Should I?

KoLA: Ask questions and seek answers for Kingdom of Loathing
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

#1 A store. Should I?

Post by SirNitram »

Should I open up a Mall store? I'm planning to keep Hardcoring a while, so the money would sit in Happy Hagnk Land until I smoke the Bitch each time. On the other hand, it offers a chance to make some more money than autosell, towards something like a Mr. A or a TPS or whatever. As I don't have the funds for doing it the normal way.. Well, I'm thinking on it.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.
Soontir948
Disciple

Post by Soontir948 »

If you don't need the meat while you're hardcoring then I highly suggest you get a store. You will definitely get more cash and you most likely will repay the 50K you need to pay for the store in at most 3 hours.
consequences
Acolyte

Post by consequences »

I don't know about hardcore, but in regular I recouped my investment insanely quickly, and was actually dropping arbitrary amounts of cash into the clan stash because it felt like I had too much. I have since gotten over that feeling.

If you ever intend to sell high-ticket items, you definitely want to have a store. While its a guaranteed 100K in about ten seconds from the Flea Market for any of the rares, you can easily make thirty times that(or up to ten mill if you pick the right moment with a TP susie).
The Dark
Apprentice

Post by The Dark »

Yes, the Clockwork stuff sells for good prices if you're willing to farm the Thugnderdome. Don't know about prices for the other Ascension areas, but you'll make your money back on a single piece of Clockwork clothing.
Soontir948
Disciple

Post by Soontir948 »

The Dark wrote:Yes, the Clockwork stuff sells for good prices if you're willing to farm the Thugnderdome. Don't know about prices for the other Ascension areas, but you'll make your money back on a single piece of Clockwork clothing.
Clockwork shot up from 40K to 100K+ which I don't have to say that it is a really nice market right now.
Mayabird
Leader of the Marching Band

Post by Mayabird »

The Clockwork prices going up probably has to do with Halloween being tomorrow and everyone wanting to see what super-awesome (or not) treat they get while wearing it. I suspect Gnauga and Lumberjack prices might be going up for the same reason (though I haven't checked.)

Oh yeah, and buy a store.
I :luv: DPDarkPrimus!

Storytime update 8/31: Frigidmagi might be amused by this one.
Hedgecore
Apprentice

Post by Hedgecore »

What if you're, say, only at level 10? Too soon?
"Well, I wouldn't argue that is was a no holds-barred, adrenalin fuelled thrill ride, but there is no way you
can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork."
-Sgt Nicholas Angel, on Point Break

"You gotta look Death in the face and say, 'Whatever, man.'"
-Hurley
Mayabird
Leader of the Marching Band

Post by Mayabird »

Hedgecore wrote:What if you're, say, only at level 10? Too soon?
Never too soon if you've got the meat, or even if you don't. I'll loan 50k if you need it. Sales of consumables (food, booze, and their ingredients) should bring fast returns.
I :luv: DPDarkPrimus!

Storytime update 8/31: Frigidmagi might be amused by this one.
The Cleric
Thy Kingdom Come...

Post by The Cleric »

What's the earliest you can buy a store?
Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river.

The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god.
Josh
Resident of the Kingdom of Eternal Cockjobbery

Post by Josh »

The Cleric wrote:What's the earliest you can buy a store?
Ninth level.
When the Frog God smiles, arm yourself.
"'Flammable' and 'inflammable' have the same meaning! This language is insane!"
GIVE ME COFFEE AND I WILL ALLOW YOU TO LIVE!- Frigid
"Ork 'as no automatic code o' survival. 'is partic'lar distinction from all udda livin' gits is tha necessity ta act inna face o' alternatives by means o' dakka."
I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain
Hedgecore
Apprentice

Post by Hedgecore »

To whom it may concern:
I just purchased a store in the mall, Lasko's Beer & Skittles. Predominantly filled with junk, but some decent things. If anyone see's anything in there they want, let me know (either here, PM, or in-game), and I'll set you up with the ol' 5 finger discount. Likewise, if you want someone to fence something for you, I can do that as well.

"Lasko's Beer & Skittles: we have a sexy shopkeeper, and a stupid slogan."
"Well, I wouldn't argue that is was a no holds-barred, adrenalin fuelled thrill ride, but there is no way you
can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork."

-Hurley
Hedgecore
Apprentice

Post by Hedgecore »

Update:
Store-Having is effin' sweet. Less than 24 hours, I've recouped the orignal 50 grand investment and then some.

...if only it was this easy to get rich in real life...

-Hurley