His Majesty's Dragons

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Sometimes... luck ain't a lady.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

Post by Jason_Firewalker »

Ouch... this hurts.... a lot... If I get out of this GH, the jerries will pay...
'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all'
-- Sir Issac Asimov

The True Resurrection would undo the chartrusing of the Gnome
-- My friend figuring out how to permanently turn a gnome chartreuse

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents
--HP Lovecraft in Call Of Cthulhu
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Jason_Firewalker wrote:Ouch... this hurts.... a lot... If I get out of this GH, the jerries will pay...
That's Nex's Kampfritter that Veritas is yelling at right now. Busted up though he may be, he's still a Crimson Angel.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

rhoenix wrote:
Jason_Firewalker wrote:Ouch... this hurts.... a lot... If I get out of this GH, the jerries will pay...
That's Nex's Kampfritter that Veritas is yelling at right now. Busted up though he may be, he's still a Crimson Angel.
Veritas is a lot worse than busted up.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Cynical Cat wrote:Veritas is a lot worse than busted up.
Yes, he is. But Nex will quite likely be soundly thrashed, with captain and dragon taken for ransom if he doesn't. It already looks as if Judith & Jeb are going to be taken, and if it isn't at least slowed, this could become a rout.

Veritas knows some of this, of course - he would quite likely have seen Judith fall, knowing there's nothing he can do. This, helping Nex, he can do something about.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

Veritas is a Crimson Angel, yes, but that is not a Yellow Reaper or a Greyling that he's preparing to attack. Kampfritters are full scale Heavyweights-of-the-line, and this one is presently very angry.

I reserve all rights.
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Veritas's shoulder is severely mangled. He clashes with that Kampy and its going to have the advantage in upper body strength and it will tear him worse just by aggravating that injury. If you have to melee, do it smart. Anything like a head on attack against a heavy weight is an instant lose. Hell, I wouldn't try to take a medium head on in your condition.

Remember that you're still alive only be GM mercy. Don't push it. That "I'll sit around and gear up while the acid breathers are specifically targeting me for attack runs" bit could have gone much worse.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

General Havoc wrote:I reserve all rights.
So be it.
Cynical Cat wrote:Veritas's shoulder is severely mangled.

If it was his shoulder, then he wouldn't be attempting this.

His back is torn up, his wings are a mangled mess, and his right forearm is dislocated.
Cynical Cat wrote:He clashes with that Kampy and its going to have the advantage in upper body strength and it will tear him worse just by aggravating that injury. If you have to melee, do it smart. Anything like a head on attack against a heavy weight is an instant lose. Hell, I wouldn't try to take a medium head on in your condition.
I don't disagree with any points here.
Cynical Cat wrote:Remember that you're still alive only be GM mercy. Don't push it. That "I'll sit around and gear up while the acid breathers are specifically targeting me for attack runs" bit could have gone much worse.
True, it could have. It was made quite clear to me that if I had picked just about any other type of dragon, I'd be making a new character.
Last edited by rhoenix on Fri May 30, 2008 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- William Gibson

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

rhoenix wrote:

It it was his shoulder, then he wouldn't be attempting this.

His back is torn up, his wings are a mangled mess, and his right forearm is dislocated.
It was a direct hit on your shoulder.
General Havoc wrote: The other one, a 200kg high explosive bomb capable of striking dead any dragon it hit, struck Veritas in the shoulder, and blew up.
Frostfell is strong and fast in his size, he fears nothing in his weight class and can take heavier dragons head to head. He would not, however, try to take Veritas head to head if he was healthy. It would be too damn hard and he would get his scaly ass handed to him. Right now you're far too fucked up to take anything close to your size head on. You're going to get your ass kicked and that's the best possible result.

Try something else.
Last edited by Cynical Cat on Fri May 30, 2008 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Cynical Cat wrote:It was a direct hit on your shoulder.
I was going by a conversation I had with Havoc last night. It is possible he mis-remembered at the time, or I misunderstood. In either case, thank you for clarifying.
Cynical Cat wrote:Frostfell is strong and fast in his size, he fears nothing in his weight class and can take heavier dragons head to head. He would not, however, try to take Veritas head to head if he was healthy. It would be too damn hard and he would get his scaly ass handed to him. Right now you're far too fucked up to take anything close to your size head on. You're going to get your ass kicked and that's the best possible result.

Try something else.
There is nothing else, unless you count him curling up into a ball and waiting for all the excitement to die down.

Judith is falling from the sky, about to be grabbed by an enemy dragon, and Jeb is panicked. Veritas can see this, and do precisely nothing about it.

Capricorn is clear on the other side of the compound, and his plight, though dire, is well out of visual or auditory notice of Veritas. He has no idea this is occurring.

Nex is about to get mangled by the Kampfritter, and this he can see. So, in his mind, two messed-up heavyweights should have a good chance of driving away one healthy one.

- William Gibson

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Use your brain. There are other options than attack. Like luring him in front of the 37mm Nathan's using.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Cynical Cat wrote:Use your brain. There are other options than attack. Like luring him in front of the 37mm Nathan's using.
I wrote out this whole long screed in reply to the above quoted text, but here's the truth - most of the time lately, I've not been at my best mentally, and that makes it very difficult to think of clever and wily things for my character (in any game here) to do. This includes how I would manage to get Veritas to lure the Kampfritter in front of Nathan's big gun with a bad shoulder/forearm when they're as close as they are to one another.

I fully acknowledge it was my own fault for having Veritas obliging the surprise bombers by holding still. I got so annoyed at myself for that I was (and to a degree still am) thinking of simply killing them off and just making new characters, or just reading the game from now on as an observer.

The problem is that I boxed myself in writing-wise with Veritas & his captain. They're both supposed to be fairly smart (especially in Veritas' case), and yet they happily did something no intelligent person, let alone any person with a functioning survival instinct would do, and there's no real way to justify that plot- or storyline-wise. If I were reading a book, and a supposedly intelligent character did something blatantly and absolutely retarded in comparison without an excellent reason, I'd begin wondering if that character's an idiot savant or something.

So, in short: que sera, sera.

- William Gibson

Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

we all do things we regret. dont worry about it rhoenix
'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all'
-- Sir Issac Asimov

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Jason_Firewalker wrote:we all do things we regret. dont worry about it rhoenix
All that I can say is I hope that your dragon character Nex is in better shape than I think.

- William Gibson

Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

She ain't doing to hot. she has taken a BUTT LOAD of damage and is on the verge of passing out in my opinion. For all their offensive power, Parnassians have little ability to soak damage compared to other heavyweights.
-- Sir Issac Asimov

rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

I've heavily edited my post.

Sorry all, it's been a long week.

- William Gibson

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

rhoenix wrote:The problem is that I boxed myself in writing-wise with Veritas & his captain. They're both supposed to be fairly smart (especially in Veritas' case), and yet they happily did something no intelligent person, let alone any person with a functioning survival instinct would do, and there's no real way to justify that plot- or storyline-wise. If I were reading a book, and a supposedly intelligent character did something blatantly and absolutely retarded in comparison without an excellent reason, I'd begin wondering if that character's an idiot savant or something.

So, in short: que sera, sera.
Geeeeee... that sounds like what I did with Argent over in Heros... :roll:

Either way, far as I know Havoc's got a plan with Jeb and Judith. Right now I'm just along for the ride and the fun, since I knew there was no way in HELL a newbie like Jebediah could do anything to Albatros. Maybe if someone manages a capture you can trade me back? :lol:

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

LadyTevar wrote:Geeeeee... that sounds like what I did with Argent over in Heros... :roll:

Either way, far as I know Havoc's got a plan with Jeb and Judith. Right now I'm just along for the ride and the fun, since I knew there was no way in HELL a newbie like Jebediah could do anything to Albatros. Maybe if someone manages a capture you can trade me back? :lol:
Well Jake's working on that. Of course if they don't go for a trade Jake's gonna end up doing something stupid.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Charon wrote:
LadyTevar wrote:Geeeeee... that sounds like what I did with Argent over in Heros... :roll:

Well Jake's working on that. Of course if they don't go for a trade Jake's gonna end up doing something stupid.
Men do all kinds of stupid things when they want in a woman's panties. :lol:
If it works, he just may get his wish.

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

My post went up early. I'm working on the second half.

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

I think we're losing....

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Havoc:

I officially request permission to be allowed to re-enter HMD with my previous character and dragon, as I now have the time to devote to the game properly.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

LadyTevar wrote:I think we're losing....
No no, we have them exactly where we want them. Surrounded from the inside!

And for the record, yes there was autoing in my most recent post, and yes it was cleared with the GM.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Hey, we have to have at least one good guy triumph.

Good job, Jake. Cap needed you far more.

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

Dark Silver wrote:Havoc:

I officially request permission to be allowed to re-enter HMD with my previous character and dragon, as I now have the time to devote to the game properly.
DS, feel free to arrive shortly after the battle ends. They're gonna need your help for what I have in mind.