His Majesty's Dragons

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Ok.... should I be scared that Capt Reynolds wants the WVians?

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

Post by Jason_Firewalker »

rhoenix wrote: but sometimes, you really have to call someone a hemorrhoidal whore.

I used that last night....
'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all'
-- Sir Issac Asimov

The True Resurrection would undo the chartrusing of the Gnome
-- My friend figuring out how to permanently turn a gnome chartreuse

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents
--HP Lovecraft in Call Of Cthulhu
Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

Okay, back to biz boys and ghouls... Just wondering if my character is acceptable or I should do something different.
'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all'
-- Sir Issac Asimov

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents
Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

Breed: Parnassian

Length: 60 feet without tail, 74 feet with

Weight: 30 tonnes

Name: Nex Paciscor (Death Dealer)

Captain's Name: John McLevvin

Description: A young man of 19, John stands about 5' 9" and weighs in at 156 pounds, he has green eyes and red hair, a typical Irishman. He has a short beard grown to cover a scar from his childhood (his father used to beat him), and he has several scars over his body.

Bio (Captain): A truly patriotic young lad, he left his troubled family life behind when he was fifteen to join up as a cadet with the RAF. His time with the RAF was briefly cut down for a short while when he broke his foot in a training accident. He was reassigned to a breeding grounds expecting to never make captain and that his duties would be to watch dragons at play all day. Soon he grew weary of such duty and requested reassignment. With a few favors called in amoungst his old crew members he was soon onboard a Malachite Reaper headed south. Serving on the Reaper for a year he was chosen to become a captain when an egg was availiable. He is a competent if outwardly cold hearted captain.

Personality (Captain): Taciturn and bereft of most posetive emotions externally he is a man with a down look on life. For him the glass is always half empty. He loves god and country and the king. He will serve to his death and hopes that maybe some day he will be rewarded for his service but till then he will annhilate the Nazi infestation.

Bio/Personality (Dragon): Having grown to full size in two months after hatching, Nex has taken to her captain like a fish to water, she is cold and calculating in her way but she is more doing so out of concern. She bullies smaller dragons because she sees them lacking in some way or another and wants to fix it so she does what she thinks of as gentle nudging (to most snide and sarcastic remarks in the least) to get them to try and improve themselves. She sees their fear of looking bad as her weapon in improving them, the problem with this whole outlook is that she will find fault in anything, and barring that she will create fault.

She loves her captain and can rarely find fault in his quiet exterior, and the fact he lets most everything roll off his back

Crew:

Command Compartment:
Lt. Steve Niles: First Officer and Radioman
Master Srgt Thomas Brady: Master At Arms
Lt. Remy LeDeoux: Artificer and Navigator
Doctor Harold Lompack: Medic
-- Sir Issac Asimov

rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

...And for those of you paying attention, yes, my Captain's first name is the same as my Heroes character's first name. No, I didn't realize this until well after I began playing both.

Also, Jason, I would suggest talking with General Havoc directly via IM or PM about this. Though I hesitate to reserve his time like this, I will say that without his direct help I doubt my characters would be anything like they are now, or be characters I enjoy writing for anywhere near as much.

It might be a personal quirk, but I really have difficulty writing for a character I can't properly envision or properly get inside the head of.

For instance, you may have noticed Veritas loves reading Sherlock Holmes novels. His favorite stories are The Hound of the Baskervilles, and the Red-Headed League. He thinks of himself as similar to Holmes, and likes to think of Captain Braithwaite as Watson. It doesn't hurt that he's not far off the mark, either.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

IRWriter86: Five on One, they've got three kampfritters and two Aufsehers, and all I've got is a paint gun and some paint grenades... No problem, I've had worse odds.
genhavoc: have you?
IRWriter86: Seriously though. If I survive this I deserve a fucking medal.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

Alright, I am adding two minor character traits, my captain, John, likes to read turn of the century to early 1920s horror short stories, and Nex prefers but does not require her meat cooked
-- Sir Issac Asimov

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

Well there doesn't seem to be any other major issues, so I will approve this character.

Firewalker, please feel free to arrive in mid-fight. Do not feel free to arrive in mid-fight and randomly jump "unsuspecting" germans, or else you will find out just how unsuspecting they really are.
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Oh... Albatros... Well then...

Sure, no problem... I can totally do this.

Medic! Going to need a medic over here! *wince*
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Havoc, I strongly object. Frostfell is fast and unburdened and Kampfritter's aren't. The captain has to relay orders, his dragon can't react instantly. I didn't mention hits but I didn't say how many I hit, I didn't autograb the captain, none of that. I took hits. Please reconsider.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Wow... saying Please works! I see Edits to Frostfell's Kampy

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Havoc, I strongly object. Frostfell is fast and unburdened and Kampfritter's aren't. The captain has to relay orders, his dragon can't react instantly. I didn't mention hits but I didn't say how many I hit, I didn't autograb the captain, none of that. I took hits. Please reconsider.
Please reconsider.
Please
Alright. Who are you and what have you done with Cynical Cat?
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

LadyTevar wrote:Wow... saying Please works! I see Edits to Frostfell's Kampy
I was considering using "How fucking dare you, you fucking cocksucker" but throught better of it. :razz:
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Whether or not he suceeds or fails with the crash stunt, Frostfell has totally left himself open to the Swabian, of course. And the wounds are adding up. Ah pain, the gift that never stops giving.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

I notice that Nathan was so fixated on the Aufseher he didn't see the SmokeDevil attempting to distract it.

Wonder if I did any real damage to the beast?

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Other than the fact Nathan's lined up on the Aufseher... Great Post, Rheonix! :lol:

rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

LadyTevar wrote:Other than the fact Nathan's lined up on the Aufseher... Great Post, Rheonix! :lol:
...Thanks, I'm not sure how that was posted yet.

I had PM'ed it to Havoc to look over for any blatant errors, like standing still in an open area while the place is being bombed, for instance.
Last edited by rhoenix on Wed May 21, 2008 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

Sorry guys, there's been a serious personal emergency around here, and it may be a moment before I can deal with PMs and further posts. Not weeks, but it may have to wait until tomorrow.

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Friday - Sunday I will not be able to post, since I'll be out of town.

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

It just struck me how much of an advantage the Brits do have over the German Dragons. Think for a minute... The Kampfritters and Stukas are both new breeds, bred to fuel the War Machine of Nazi Germany.

That means none of the KampFritters are over 10yrs old. The Stukas are all even younger, some only a year or two from the shell.

Look at the ages of our dragons. Frostfell, 17. Kunja 20. Jeb 40. Æquitas and Godfrey are 40-ish, maybe older. Fulminatus and Temeraire over 100.

Age and Treachery will overcome Youth and Skill. :twisted:

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

LadyTevar wrote:It just struck me how much of an advantage the Brits do have over the German Dragons. Think for a minute... The Kampfritters and Stukas are both new breeds, bred to fuel the War Machine of Nazi Germany.

That means none of the KampFritters are over 10yrs old. The Stukas are all even younger, some only a year or two from the shell.

Look at the ages of our dragons. Frostfell, 17. Kunja 20. Jeb 40. Æquitas and Godfrey are 40-ish, maybe older. Fulminatus and Temeraire over 100.

Age and Treachery will overcome Youth and Skill. :twisted:
Yeah, but of them only Godfrey, Fulminatus, Aequitas, and Temeraire have more experience in fighting. Kunja's only got a year under his belt and lots of experience flying with old war vets. Jeb I don't think has any and Frostfell isn't much older than most oldest Kampfritters you're going to find.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

I'll admit Jeb's only experience is out-runnin' rev'newers.

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

It's not however quite as cut and dried as you'd imagine. To start with, while some breeds are Nazi-bred, and relatively new, other German breeds date back to the Kaiser's days, or even before. The Speckled Bavarian, for instance, dates from the early 1900s. The Aufseher and the Prussian Bluejacket are older still, as old as the end of the Napoleonic Wars. And the Jotunmeister has existed in some form since time immemorial.

And as to veterancy, recall that many German dragons, even among the newer breeds, are veterans of the Spanish civil war, to say nothing of the first year of WWII. They won't be as tough as Temeraire or the like, but they're definitely competent.

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

I keep forgetting the Germans were involved in the Spanish Civil War.

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Yes that is a paintball gun I am pointing threateningly at that German captain. Yes it will be epic if he actually does surrender.