His Majesty's Dragons

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

BAD RHEONIX! NO USING JEBEDIAH TRICKS WITH A HEAVYWEIGHT DRAGON!

Seriously, dude.. you're a Bomber, not a jetfighter. You can't make moves that fast. Heavyweights need room to turn and time to turn. Even the mid-weights wouldn't be able to pull off a turn as fast as you show Veritas making it.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

LadyTevar wrote:BAD RHEONIX! NO USING JEBEDIAH TRICKS WITH A HEAVYWEIGHT DRAGON!

Seriously, dude.. you're a Bomber, not a jetfighter. You can't make moves that fast. Heavyweights need room to turn and time to turn. Even the mid-weights wouldn't be able to pull off a turn as fast as you show Veritas making it.
Well, I was trying to show that though he was doing it relatively quickly for a heavyweight, he's no Jebediah.

The move wasn't meant to surprise Æquitas with Veritas' "lightning quick skillz," it was meant to get Fulminatus and Æquitas to scatter, so they'd no longer be flanking Veritas - which would give him breathing room to divide the two and conquer.

From what Havoc told me, Crimson Angels are tricky, calculating, patient, and methodical - I'm doing my best to have Veritas live up to his heritage. As Frigid did for me in the OWM thread though, if I overlook something, I welcome someone to speak up.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Speaking of Frigid... what is Lydia and her Marine doing?

Or Sememnon, Godfrey, and Waldwanderer?

Godfrey had a post where he hit Hermeticus a few pages back, but Sememnon, Lydia and Waldwanderer haven't said a thing.

If you're quitting, guys, speak up so we know to play on without you, ok? :roll:

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Well... it is official.

Nitram has lost interest in playing, and is retiring Sememnon. He decided this several days ago, but never posted anything so I am.

I have also been informed by Comrade Tortoise that he is not able to continue playing, due to his schoolwork. Thus, he is retiring WaldWanderer.

That leaves us with Lydia, Frostfell, Kunja, Godfrey, and Jebediah as PCs, and Æquitus and Capricorn as NPCs.

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

..Glad to know I've dropped there Tev....
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Dark Silver wrote:..Glad to know I've dropped there Tev....
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I forgot you, Veritus, and Fulminatus all three!

PM me, and we'll discuss punishment, ala Mike and Rebecca Wong :twisted:
Last edited by LadyTevar on Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

LadyTevar wrote:PM me, and we'll discuss punishment, ala Mike and Rebecca Wong :twisted:
Thanks Tev. I need to thoroughly dry my laptop keyboard now.

Though that did seem like that "my plan is foolproof!" guy right before he discovers just how terribly, terribly flawed that plan actually is.

(For those ig'nant of SD.net drama, Mike started a dildo-based punishment system for when his wife leaves crumbs or suchlike in bed. Its the damndest thing - she leaves crumbs and food particles in bed nearly every night now.)
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

rheonix...I didn't know that, and I lurk on SDnet often....

infact..I didn't know that..and I'm pretty sure I never wanted to know that.......
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Dark Silver wrote:.................

rheonix...I didn't know that, and I lurk on SDnet often....

infact..I didn't know that..and I'm pretty sure I never wanted to know that.......
Then I won't copy the link showing the dildo in question as compared to a can of coke.

I'm still in shock she can take 2/3s of it... :shock:

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

It's like... I want to know, and at the same time, I also want to bleach my brain.
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

General Havoc wrote:It's like... I want to know, and at the same time, I also want to bleach my brain.
And back to that old, infamous question:

"Can't you do both?"

- William Gibson

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

General Havoc wrote:It's like... I want to know, and at the same time, I also want to bleach my brain.
Remember.... you asked.

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

**KICKS THE GAME THREAD**

Come ON! Someone Fuckin' POST already.
This includes you, Havoc!

rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

I'm waiting on Havoc myself - I think he and I were in the middle of a mid-air game of chess.

- William Gibson

rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

*laughing*

Cleverly done, Havoc. That was great.

- William Gibson

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Geesh, Rheonix... Why not give others some time to post coming up and making fun of the Xmas-tree Dragon before you wash it all off :razz: :razz: :razz:

rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

LadyTevar wrote:Geesh, Rheonix... Why not give others some time to post coming up and making fun of the Xmas-tree Dragon before you wash it all off :razz: :razz: :razz:
Call it semi-boredom at work. :wink:

- William Gibson

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

rhoenix wrote:
LadyTevar wrote:Geesh, Rheonix... Why not give others some time to post coming up and making fun of the Xmas-tree Dragon before you wash it all off :razz: :razz: :razz:
Call it semi-boredom at work. :wink:
Like me running out of actual work to do at 2:30 and running out of make-work by 3?

Can't make a post.. Have to ask Charon a couple questions first.
Last edited by LadyTevar on Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

LadyTevar wrote:Like me running out of actual work to do at 2:30 and running out of make-work by 3?
Something very much like that, yes. I've had one actual issue that I worked on all day, and I re-assigned it to a co-worker due to it being a recurring issue with a user he was familiar with. Other than that...yeah, quiet.
LadyTevar wrote:Can't make a post.. Have to ask Charon a couple questions first.
I'm waiting to see his response before I make a move with Agrilos and the armored giant-ish thing. Though Agrilos is fast, and can temporarily become twice as fast as normal, its still a bit like in the HMD game - a Middleweight cannot reliably win against a Heavyweight.

So, thank you Shark Bait for jumping in there to save his ass - but Agrilos can at least make life very uncomfortable for the armored being before Per and that thing fight.

- William Gibson

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

Minor note. I moved to a new apartment yesterday, and consequently, I will not be able to access the internet from home for as long as two weeks. I can still use it at work, so I'll still be here, but my schedule will be tied in knots. I'll do what I can.

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

Okay, as people have been asking regarding draconic weights, I'm going to spell this all out. Here, approximately, is how much your dragons would weigh, unladen:

Capricorn: 2 tons. Compact and tough, like all Australian breeds. Too small to evaluate durability properly.
Jebediah: 3-4 tons. Lanky and spindly (relatively speaking), but extremely flexible, with double-jointed wings and extra vertebrae.
Kunja: 6-7 tons. Compact (barely larger than Jebediah), tough, and with a thick hide, harder to meaningfully injure given the size (that is not license to absorb blows from a heavyweight)
Godfrey: 9-10 tons. Elongated, with a tail like a fluttering banner, and a serpentine body structure, vaguely oriental (Turkish, actually) in appearance. Somewhat fragile hide and internal structure compensated for by fire.
Fulminatus: 18 tons. Average proportions, with a hide that's been cured to varnished hardwood by scarring, age, and callous. Tough to kill.
Æquitas: 20 tons. Somewhat larger than his weight would indicate, average western proportions and damage capacity
Hermecritus: 30-32 tons. Slightly ill-fitted look to him (common among cross-breeds), as though assembled out of mis-matched parts. Average size, given weight.
Frostfell: 32-35 tons. Lean and long, with a serpentine body that is in no way oriental looking, but resembles that of a lizard or snake. Thinner hide is compensated for with redundant layers of insulation (the thing lives in the arctic). Easier to draw blood, harder to actually injure.
Veritas: 40-42 tons. Compact and incredibly dense, no larger physically than Frostfell, but 5-10 tons heavier by weight. Hide like armor platting, redundant internal organs, capable of absorbing tremendous punishment, given the size.

By comparison, here are the rough average weights of the German dragons:

Leuchtkaffer: 3 tons, maximum, occasionally smaller. Spindly and fragile but maneuverable as a kite, with oversized claws for its size.
Speckled Bavarian: 4-6 tons. Small for its weight, well proportioned and built, hard to bring down permanently, equally hard to land a killing blow upon.
Prussian Bluejacket: 18-21 tons. Average size given weight, and standard continental European proportions. A quintessential 'line' dragon.
Swabian Lightning Bolt: 22 tons (yes, the Lightning Bolt is HEAVIER than the Bluejacket, and also faster). Big, powerful wings, overlarge for its body, and limbs that fold up tightly to turn it into a torpedo. Re-enforced head, horns, neck, and shoulders for ramming purposes. Smaller body than might be expected, given the weight. Slightly more fragile than most in its weight class, but not easy to catch.
Aufseher: 25 tons. Larger than it should be, given the weight, with a thinner hide than most middleweights. At a disadvantage in melee with something in its weight class.
Stuka: Unknown. Estimates place it at around 23-27 tons. No information known as to exact size. Reports indicate average proportions for a heavy middle-weight, reputed to be strong, tough, and even impervious to pain, though the latter is disputed.
Kampfritter: 40-42 tons. Muscular, with a thick hide, and average durability for its weight (which is to say, a lot). Stronger physically than most heavyweights, in terms of carrying capacity and endurance. Larger than its weight would indicate, but not immensely so. Extremely tough proposition.
Jotunmeister: 43-47 tons. Barely any larger than a Kampfritter, but between 3 and 6 tons heavier, armored like a tank, tough as tempered steel. Looks like an inflated version of a Leuchtkaffer crossed with a dinosaur. Redundant hide structures, thick layers of protective muscle, with a slimmer body and longer limbs than normal proportions would have it, and a dense bone structure that can sustain ridiculous weight and force. Incredibly powerful in melee combat.

As an explanation, Lightweights are dragons between 2 and about 7 tons. Anything above 12 tons is a middlewieght, on up to around 25 or so. Beyond 30 tons are light heavyweights, while full-on Line Heavyweights are considered to be above 38 tons. Anything above 45 tons is considered a "Super"-heavyweight, up to the largest dragons in the world, which top out at between 50 and 53 tons. The largest dragon breed on Earth, the Congolese Nightmare, is 55 tons dead weight. It is also, fortunately, both rare, and located in Africa.
Last edited by General Havoc on Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Very nice - that will help muchly.

Would you mind also spelling out which dragons are lanky and which are more compact for their weight?

- William Gibson

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

I adjusted my explanation above to reflect your questions.

rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

General Havoc wrote:I adjusted my explanation above to reflect your questions.
Excellent - thank you. This will help me visualize each much better.

EDIT: But I think you forgot Lydia, unless Frigid dropped out.
Last edited by rhoenix on Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- William Gibson

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

I believe he decided to drop as well :cry: