Assault on the Spectral Pickle Factory

KoLA: Ask questions and seek answers for Kingdom of Loathing
consequences
Acolyte

#1 Assault on the Spectral Pickle Factory

Post by consequences »

If I'm not mistaken, its next appearance should be in the next week. To maximise yield, I suggest that everyone with the requisite stats hoard some adventures before the magic day arrives. I'm keeping myself at a constant 140 adventures before rollover, because I get sixty adventures baseline per day with the right items equipped.

We may also want to look into purchasing temnporary clan buffs that day to give additional members access(presuming that the temp stat boost will work to get the 150 minimum score needed. If it doesn't work that way, disregard)
Soontir948
Disciple

Post by Soontir948 »

It's available for Hardcore players right?
consequences
Acolyte

Post by consequences »

Soontir948 wrote:It's available for Hardcore players right?
As long as you meet the stat requirements, which should be 150 if your primary attribute, it should be.
Pure Sabacc
Imperious Underling

Post by Pure Sabacc »

So, whats the deal with the pickle factory?
I gather that its a big meat-maker, but what does it entail? What do you get? Where does it appear?
Soontir948
Disciple

Post by Soontir948 »

150 is at least level 13! Damn, that's crazy. I don't think I'll make it.
Skadi
Apprentice

Post by Skadi »

Pure Sabacc wrote:So, whats the deal with the pickle factory?
I gather that its a big meat-maker, but what does it entail? What do you get? Where does it appear?
It will appear in the Nearby Plains. You can get the pickling ingredients for making Ghost Pickles on a Stick (familiar) and the Spectral Pickles (good food) which are all insanely expensive.

Consequences, why do you think it will appear soon?
consequences
Acolyte

Post by consequences »

Skadi wrote:
Consequences, why do you think it will appear soon?
The every sixty-four days thing, with the last appearance back in early-mid June.

If there's a more arcane method which temporarily brings it into being, then my apologies.
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

Dammit, and I ascended my Seal Clubber alt yesterday. I was hoping for a Ghostly Pickle On A Stick for one of my two.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.
Mayabird
Leader of the Marching Band

Post by Mayabird »

This is what I've been waiting for.

I suggest that everyone who goes in have a gravy fairy as a familiar to increase drops. I'll cast Phat Loot on anyone who'd like an additional item drop bonus (phonics downs donations would be welcome so I can replenish MP). Just drop me a message and I'll do it first thing when I log on that day.

Is there anything else that increases drop rates, an accessory for instance? And exactly what day should the factory appear?
The Dark
Apprentice

Post by The Dark »

Gnauga Hide Whip increases item drops, although only by 3%.
Mayabird

Post by Mayabird »

3%? Forget it. Casting Phat Loot while using a Gravy Fairy is more effective and I still get to carry my Star Sword.

Something I forgot before: what drinks and foods in combination would produce the most extra adventures? I know you can eat three chow meins at a time and get over 60 adventures, but are there any other combinations of foods that will produce even more? And what about drinks?

While I'm here, I'll cast Ode to Booze on people who'd like to squeeze out every adventure possible.

PS If it does appear, could someone make a big clan announcement to remind everyone? Thanks.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

I like the Insanely Spicey Enchanted Bean Burrito's and Extra Spicy Blood Mary's for my mix

I can get damn near 100 adventures betwen the two
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Skadi
Apprentice

Post by Skadi »

Mayabird wrote:3%? Forget it. Casting Phat Loot while using a Gravy Fairy is more effective and I still get to carry my Star Sword.

Something I forgot before: what drinks and foods in combination would produce the most extra adventures? I know you can eat three chow meins at a time and get over 60 adventures, but are there any other combinations of foods that will produce even more? And what about drinks?
One chow mein will give you around 25 adventures (give or take) for 5 fullness. A spectral pickle will give you 23 adventures for 4 fulllness. A pate will give you around 17 adventures for 3 fullness. So the really expensive option is to go for three pickles and a pate for almost 90 adventures. Three chows meins are probably your best bet cost wise.

Tiny plastic sword drinks give you 24 adventures for 6 drunkiness. So 3 TPS drinks and a shot of schnaupps is the expensive way. The disco bandit drinsk will give you 10-14 adventures for 4 drunkiness. So 4 of those and maybe a grog (7 adventures) would be your best bet cost wise.

If someone in the clan has a tiny plastic sword, we could rotate the sword through the clan on pickle factory day since you get the sword back after you use the drink; ithat person could then pass it the next after using it three times. It would take a lot of trust though.
Pure Sabacc
Imperious Underling

Post by Pure Sabacc »

If someone in the clan has a tiny plastic sword, we could rotate the sword through the clan on pickle factory day since you get the sword back after you use the drink; ithat person could then pass it the next after using it three times. It would take a lot of trust though.
I think that the more active memembers of the clan (the ones who post here for instance) are trustworthy enough for such a feat. After all, people have been dumping meat and items by the bucketful into my mule account. However, I suppose the decision comes down to the one with the TPS. I personally think its a good plan if it can be pulled off.
Josh
Resident of the Kingdom of Eternal Cockjobbery

Post by Josh »

If my money wasn't locked up due to my hardcore run, I'd front for one. How much do they cost, anyway?
When the Frog God smiles, arm yourself.
"'Flammable' and 'inflammable' have the same meaning! This language is insane!"
GIVE ME COFFEE AND I WILL ALLOW YOU TO LIVE!- Frigid
"Ork 'as no automatic code o' survival. 'is partic'lar distinction from all udda livin' gits is tha necessity ta act inna face o' alternatives by means o' dakka."
I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain
Skadi
Apprentice

Post by Skadi »

Petrosjko wrote:If my money wasn't locked up due to my hardcore run, I'd front for one. How much do they cost, anyway?
A little over 7 million. The other thing is that the stat requirement for the Pickle Factory is quite high; probably only a third of our members would qualify for it as of now. I am not close to qualifying for it.
consequences
Acolyte

Post by consequences »

Pure Sabacc wrote:
I think that the more active memembers of the clan (the ones who post here for instance) are trustworthy enough for such a feat. After all, people have been dumping meat and items by the bucketful into my mule account. However, I suppose the decision comes down to the one with the TPS. I personally think its a good plan if it can be pulled off.
I'll offer the use of mine when the day rolls around. That thing's the reason I haven't been contributing anything else anyway.
sketerpot
Acolyte

Post by sketerpot »

Do you know the exact day you're expecting the Pickle Factory to open up?
consequences
Acolyte

Post by consequences »

sketerpot wrote:Do you know the exact day you're expecting the Pickle Factory to open up?
I've just done my research more thoroughly, and the damned thing will open up whenever the hell Jick feels like it. It could be in the next two days as if it were a standard 64 day event, it could wait for six more months.

So I'm probably going to just ascend now.
Josh

Post by Josh »

consequences wrote:
sketerpot wrote:Do you know the exact day you're expecting the Pickle Factory to open up?
I've just done my research more thoroughly, and the damned thing will open up whenever the hell Jick feels like it. It could be in the next two days as if it were a standard 64 day event, it could wait for six more months.

That's what I ended up doing. I actually came to regret hanging around as long as I did- my monstrous stats made beating the NS a royal bitch.
"Ork 'as no automatic code o' survival. 'is partic'lar distinction from all udda livin' gits is tha necessity ta act inna face o' alternatives by means o' dakka."
consequences
Acolyte

Post by consequences »

Petrosjko wrote:
consequences wrote:
That's what I ended up doing. I actually came to regret hanging around as long as I did- my monstrous stats made beating the NS a royal bitch.
I beat her previously, so that isn't an issue. 449 turns of ronin left.

As a Boozetarian, I'll just be dropping off food supplies from now on.
Pure Sabacc
Imperious Underling

Post by Pure Sabacc »

I'll wait for a few more days. I'm almost at a level where I can beat NS, but I'm sure I can find other things to do for the time being.
Mayabird

Post by Mayabird »

Since Ronin just got kicked down to 600 turns, if the Pickle Factory doesn't show up next week, I'm ascending. (And then it'll probably show up. :mad: ) But it'll be easier then for me since I'll be back in school with a dedicated fast connection.

And then...torso awareness! YAY!
Josh

Post by Josh »

Mayabird wrote:Since Ronin just got kicked down to 600 turns, if the Pickle Factory doesn't show up next week, I'm ascending. (And then it'll probably show up. :mad: ) But it'll be easier then for me since I'll be back in school with a dedicated fast connection.

Torso awareness does rock, let me tell you.

And the Clockwork Apparatus is all kinds of cool.
The Dark
Apprentice

Post by The Dark »

Petrosjko wrote:
Mayabird wrote:Since Ronin just got kicked down to 600 turns, if the Pickle Factory doesn't show up next week, I'm ascending. (And then it'll probably show up. :mad: ) But it'll be easier then for me since I'll be back in school with a dedicated fast connection.

Torso awareness does rock, let me tell you.

And the Clockwork Apparatus is all kinds of cool.
And clockwork maids...8 extra adventures per day is nice.