What movies are you looking forward to seeing?

ART: Movies, Pictures, Music the stuff that could be considered Art by some people

Moderator: frigidmagi

Robert Walper
Adept

#1 What movies are you looking forward to seeing?

Post by Robert Walper »

Several off hand that have caught my eye, either through TV comercials, theater adds or just me looking up potential sequels/movie concepts:

X-Men 3 (apparently in pre production)
War of the Worlds (coming June 17)
Fantasic Four (I know next to nothing about this film, other than the preview makes it look like a good popcorn flick)
Batman Begins (I'm no hardcore fan, but I've enjoyed one or two of the previous movies)

There are several others I'm sure I've missed...but that's what good the rest of you are. To remind me of what I'm forgetting. :P
Ra
Master

Post by Ra »

I unfortunately don't know of any new films besides the ones you listed, but I'm certainly looking forward to Batman Begins. From the trailer I saw, it looks to be a vast improvement over the previous films.
- Ra
Last edited by Ra on Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathan McKenzie
Half-Insane Snakehead | MSPaint Acolyte | Wierd TGOD'er

"Every time you stay abstinent...Kitten kills a god."
Josh
Resident of the Kingdom of Eternal Cockjobbery

Post by Josh »

Having seen the trailer for Batman Begins, I must admit that I'm actually intrigued. I stopped watching after Batman Returns, and all I can say is thank god there was never a Batman & Robin.

And I leave anyone who claims otherwise to Batman for disposal.
When the Frog God smiles, arm yourself.
"'Flammable' and 'inflammable' have the same meaning! This language is insane!"
GIVE ME COFFEE AND I WILL ALLOW YOU TO LIVE!- Frigid
"Ork 'as no automatic code o' survival. 'is partic'lar distinction from all udda livin' gits is tha necessity ta act inna face o' alternatives by means o' dakka."
I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain
Robert Walper
Adept

Post by Robert Walper »

Petrosjko wrote:Having seen the trailer for Batman Begins, I must admit that I'm actually intrigued. I stopped watching after Batman Returns, and all I can say is thank god there was never a Batman & Robin.
I think I'll poke around and watch the trailer to see if it piques my interest further.
And I leave anyone who claims otherwise to Batman for disposal.

As to Batman...his powers here are weak, Master Petrosjko. He will grant us the proper respect, lest I...I...well, whine I suppose. ;)
Dartzap
Keeper of the Beer

Post by Dartzap »

Batman Begins
Willy Wonka and his Heart Complaint
War of the World's
Corpse Bride
X-men Three
Red Dwarf (this really is the equivalent of Duke Nukem Forever in the movie world)

Halo: though that wont be this year
"Why hello! Could I intrest you in some giant bonsai trees?"

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Willy Wonka and the Choclate Factory
Corpse Bride
Batman Begins
X-men 3 (I think that's in 2006 though, not sure)
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

mnmm....all I can think of atm
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Dartzap
Keeper of the Beer

Post by Dartzap »

Doh, forgot Harry Potter 4.

tumbletom
Acolyte

Post by tumbletom »

Actually I really want to see Batman begins....

Also...

I havent seen episode 3 yet.....

Somebody shoot me.... :P
Dartzap
Keeper of the Beer

Post by Dartzap »

*loads Rifle * Go see it, just for Completeness sake, you'll have a warm fuzzy feeling inside of you.. that would be because of the beer, of course.

Ra
Master

Post by Ra »

Well, even I saw Ep-III for heavens' sake! Go see it this instant. Your god has spoken. *eyes flash*

*smack*

No more of that false-god nonsense.

Yes, m'lady.

Back on topic, isn't there a Wonder Woman movie coming out sometime this summer?
- Ra
Jonathan McKenzie
Half-Insane Snakehead | MSPaint Acolyte | Wierd TGOD'er

"Every time you stay abstinent...Kitten kills a god."
Batman

Post by Batman »

Well I haven't gotten around to seeing Ep3 yet myself so no shooting people for it where I can see it.
I'm naturally looking forward to 'Batman Begins' but given their choices on the designs of the suit and the Battank I must admit I'm doing so with a measure of dread.
Harry Potter 4, X3, and the new Superman movie, though given that movie's suit design with a fuckton of dread.
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

Lets see here... Personally I'm tired of all the crappy comic book based movies lately so until I hear some really good reviews I'll be staying away from Fantastic Four. As for Batman I *MIGHT* go see that but that is a big might.

High Tension doesn't look too bad

Vital doesn't sound bad either in a non-action movie sort of medical way...

The Devil's Rejects just to see if they include any of the other almost 2.5 hours of deleted footage from House of 1000 Corpses. I personally would LOVE to get my hands on an unedited copy of that movie that has all the footage.

Stealth

Sky High for the slapstick stupid superhero movie

Asylum doesn't look to bad either for a drama. Hopefully the actors playing the parts of the insane will be up to it...

Ultraviolet for the possible halfway decent vamp movie of the year...

Rush Hour 3 just because I saw the first 2

Everything else is Illuminated for a good drama/ lesson in life film

Eternal for it's reported classic film noir style which I'm a sucker for

The Corpse Bride of course because Tim Burton is the man!

Doom - YES! Based off of the vid game by the same name. You know you want to see it just to see how bad it could possibly be...

Saw II because I liked the first one

Jarhead because it looks like it might be a really good military movie

Herby Rides Again - Lindsey Lohan, need I say more?

The Chronicles of Narnia - The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe. I want to see how close they make this to the book of the same name. I remember the series rather fondly and hope that the movie does justice to it...

Underworld: Evolution - the first one wasn't bad, it had it's moments and this one has Kate Beckinsale in it...*licks lips* she can suck my neck anytime...

Bloodrayne because I like vamp movies damnit! LoL

I'd say Casherrn but I've already got it and it was good by not that good....

Soul Searcher doesn't sound too bad.

And that about wraps it up for '05. As for '06 all I can say is oh dear lord. We've got The Fast and the Furious 3, Scary Movie 4, Mission Impossible 3, Ghost Rider, Garfield 2, The Grude 2, The Santa Clause 3, Sin City 2, Spy Hunter, Splinter Cell, Terminator 4!!! and a few other movies that you just have to wonder 'Dear God, why?!'

But there might be a few redeemers for the year. Apparently Jason Mewes and Kevin Smith are teaming up once more to release Clerks 2: Revenge of the Clerks
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
Sick, Twisted Fuck

Post by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman »

Probably I'm asking too much, but I've been longing for a really, really good Lovecraftian movie, with a REAL Lovecraftian storyline instead of cameos. And of course with all those big budgets, special effects, and more-than-adequate actors/actresses.

Either that, or The Adventures of Kreshna, or Kreshna The Conqueror, or probably a more modest movie title like Everybody Loves Kreshna. 8-)

In case you wonder; no I'm not a narcist. Just because I masturbate while looking at the mirror doesn't mean I'm a narcist.
The Sick, Twisted Fuck | Sap #2 of the Bitter Trio | Knight of the e-mail | Evil Liberal Conspirator | Esoteric Order of Dagon | Weird TGODer

Share your free D&D character here.

:welcome :arrow: :sheepfucker: :thumbsup

So be it. If saying "NO" means being alone, then to hell with love, with romance, with marriage, and all the shit life keeps pumping at me. I'll walk alone, but with freedom and a healed pride.

NEVER buy a LiteOn CD/DVD Writer. Ever.
Robert Walper
Adept

Post by Robert Walper »

Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:Probably I'm asking too much, but I've been longing for a really, really good Lovecraftian movie, with a REAL Lovecraftian storyline instead of cameos. And of course with all those big budgets, special effects, and more-than-adequate actors/actresses.
*blank stare* I have no idea...
Either that, or The Adventures of Kreshna
*pictures movie about about feces inspector*
or Kreshna The Conqueror,
*pictures feces inspector with hammer*
or probably a more modest movie title like Everybody Loves Kreshna. 8-)
*pictures everyone thanking Kresha they don't have his job*

:P
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
Sick, Twisted Fuck

Post by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman »

LOL! That's a good one! :lol:
The Sick, Twisted Fuck | Sap #2 of the Bitter Trio | Knight of the e-mail | Evil Liberal Conspirator | Esoteric Order of Dagon | Weird TGODer

Share your free D&D character here.

:welcome :arrow: :sheepfucker: :thumbsup

So be it. If saying "NO" means being alone, then to hell with love, with romance, with marriage, and all the shit life keeps pumping at me. I'll walk alone, but with freedom and a healed pride.

NEVER buy a LiteOn CD/DVD Writer. Ever.
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

Given that they took out the Demon and replaced them with "virus mutants" and took out out the Marines and replaced them with SWAT team members...

Fuck the the so-called Doom Movie, has about has much to do with Doom has my underware.

I'm planning on seeing Batman begins, and I have to see how they do with Narina, but beyond that for this year? Eh.
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

I refuse to see Doom for the same reasons as Magi, I played the ORIGINASL when i was a child... It holds a special place in my heart.

I also refuse to see Willy Wonka and the Pedophile Factory, sorry, but nothing beats the original, and frankly, Johnny Depp looks like Michael Jackson, and therefore looks like a child molester. ANd when I see this movie I DO NOT want to think about that sick basterd touching a kid, taking off one of his gloves, spinning and singing to himself "Struck by a smooth criminal!" it will ruin the movie.

Batman Begins looks good, I will probably see it.

I Also really want to see the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. I loved the original, and the book, and I want to see what they can do with it, while not raping the original, which it doesnt look like they will do overmuch.
Mrs Kendall
Apprentice

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Madagascar.

And No I haven't seen Ep3 yet either.
Robert Walper
Adept

Post by Robert Walper »

Mrs Kendall wrote:Madagascar.

And No I haven't seen Ep3 yet either.
:shock: Mrs Kendall...why do you torture yourself so? For the love of Petr...er...god go see it!
Cpl Kendall
Disciple

Post by Cpl Kendall »

I'm looking forward to:

Episode III
Madagascar
War of the Worlds (the 19th century one, not Tom Cruise)
Stofsk
Secret Agent Man

Post by Stofsk »

You guys should get around to watching Episode 3. It's really quite something. :)

I'm looking forward to Batman Begins, Mr and Mrs Smith, War of the Worlds, and Serenity. Beyond that, not much can possibly interest me.
The Grim Squeaker
Initiate

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Fire:fly serenity, Batman Begins, The HitchHikers guide to the galaxy, Harr Potter 4,WOtW.
Formerly known as the .303 bookworm
Veni, Vidi,Vici.
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/ ... 0av/CW.jpg[/img]
My Photography
My Picasa based Photography

Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much: the wheel, New York, wars while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in water having a good time.
But the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man for precisely the same reasons
Dartzap
Keeper of the Beer

Post by Dartzap »

Fire:fly serenity, Batman Begins, The HitchHikers guide to the galaxy, Harr Potter 4,WOtW.
Hang on, i Know thats out over in the Holy Land, i know Ace saw it in Tel Aviv, or wherever. :?

The Grim Squeaker
Initiate

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Dartzap wrote:
Hang on, i Know thats out over in the Holy Land, i know Ace saw it in Tel Aviv, or wherever. :?
It's out, but try watching a movie with 1 a level a week.
Seeing EP3 took a small miracle :wink: .

How bad is it btw?
Formerly known as the .303 bookworm
Veni, Vidi,Vici.
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/ ... 0av/CW.jpg[/img]
My Photography
My Picasa based Photography

Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much: the wheel, New York, wars while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in water having a good time.
But the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man for precisely the same reasons
Dartzap
Keeper of the Beer

Post by Dartzap »

I'd hardly call it "bad". every version of HHGTTG, is different from each other, and this film follows this tradition.