Phoenix War III OOC / signup

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Ra
Master

Post by Ra »

And lest we forget:

"I don't think so, Admiral. You see, at this point... I'm pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe, and not all of your little soldiers or space ships will stand in my way again."

Alrighty, so we have the Lord and Lady, Ra, and the aforementioned Kerrigan showing up on Vulcan. Who's the Imps' leader that will come, if Saan has mysteriously "vanished" into nothingness (despite being referenced in the STGOD, and never having been said to have been deposed, at least not to my knowledge :roll:)? President Clark (and we needed a new name for him, the B5 reference is too blatant)? DK can't, because he runs a little backwater fiefdom on Earth, not the whole Imperial galaxy.
Last edited by Ra on Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jonathan McKenzie
Half-Insane Snakehead | MSPaint Acolyte | Wierd TGOD'er

"Every time you stay abstinent...Kitten kills a god."
DesertFly
Water Soluble

Post by DesertFly »

Ra wrote:DK can't, because he runs a little backwater fiefdom on Earth, not the whole Imperial galaxy.

I would argue that he could, since he basically is the Empire (and by extension de facto ruler of this galaxy). Unless I'm gravely mistaken, he's pretty much on his own as far as accountability to a higher power; certainly there is no-one who can countermand his orders here, and I would guess that back home any superiors of his have given him pretty free reign. Correct me if I'm wrong, of course.

On a completely different subject, at work today I had the most amazing idea for Phoenix War 4! Unfortunately, the events neccessary for it to happen would leave the ending of this current game extremely depressing, but it would still be really cool! I won't go into many details now, but it would provide a setting for at least two "new" powers ('though I'm probably forgetting some): The Anglo-Sino Alliance and The Twelve Colonies of Man.

EDIT no.2- Good God. Being drunk does not good tags make!
Last edited by DesertFly on Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Proud member of the no sigs club.
Ra
Master

Post by Ra »

Ah, that's a good point, which I had pretty much overlooked. Having whatever asshole (Clark or whoever) runs the Empire at the conference would probably be counterproductive anyhow. :razz:

Oh, and having Firefly and nBSG brought into the next game would be badass, and explain where the Organization got Six from! :grin: Ha, imagine the Galactica outfitted with biolasers and naquadah-enhanced nukes. Oh, and then Starbuck would kick Ra's ass! Awesomeness! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Ra on Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathan McKenzie

Destructionator XV
Lead Programmer

Post by Destructionator XV »

Ra wrote:DK can't, because he runs a little backwater fiefdom on Earth, not the whole Imperial galaxy.
As DesertFly said, he is the Empire as far as we are concerned in the Milky Way.
DesertFly wrote:On a completely different subject, at work today I had the most amazing idea for Phoenix War 4! Unfortunately, the events neccessary for it to happen would leave the ending of this current game extremely depressing, but it would still be really cool!
I was willing to end PW2 basically in hell, so I am willing to go with it, if needed. (We could also go with a different timeline too with different ideas; we don't necessarily need to maintain full consistancy as we move on to new major numbers (i.e. PW4)). What I am saying, is if we can dream it up, we could make it happen.
Adam D. Ruppe
Image Oh my hero, so far away now.....
DesertFly
Water Soluble

Post by DesertFly »

Note: Please disregard this post until closer to the end of the game.

Destructionator XV wrote:I was willing to end PW2 basically in hell, so I am willing to go with it, if needed. (We could also go with a different timeline too with different ideas; we don't necessarily need to maintain full consistancy as we move on to new major numbers (i.e. PW4)). What I am saying, is if we can dream it up, we could make it happen.
Okay, cool. Basically (and I'll try to get a full write up eventually on here), I want this one to end with all the major powers destroyed or weakened to the point where they control maybe one or two systems. I want there to be colonies of people across the stars, but all the greatness that used to exist is now just a fading memory. I want the Empire confined to their galaxy (either through some sort of difficulty getting here, or just due to the political situation back home causing TPTB to pull all forces back), I want the wormhole that allows the A'millians to get here closed (probably in some major battle), I want the Trolls to be gone, I want the Goa'uld to be nearly wiped out, and I want the Zerg to be so destroyed that their intelligence (since they have a hive mind) is confined to a single planet and they are the equivalent of dogs again. Technology and knowledge should grow stagnant, and in many places regress, much like the dark ages. Pretty ambitious, I know, but this would be neat for several reasons:

1) This basically cleans the slate, making it far more inviting for new players to join. Sure, all the history will still exist, but it will be irrelevant to most of the groups in the game, as it will be "ancient history" at best. I don't know how important this will be, though.

2) Making it so that there are no major powers means that there isn't traffic flying everywhere, allowing small colonies and settlements to get lost in the shuffle, even for hundreds of years.

3) It's just a cool idea, having a "Great Darkness", or "Age of Regression", or "Long Night" or whatever you want to call it.

Having this would make it easy to have a human colony (Kobol) somehow have a cataclysm, and send a group of colony ships to the stars, which form the basis of the Twelve Colonies and lead into Battlestar Galactica territory, with Earth being a long distant memory. In the same way, right before the period of decay begins, Earth itself can send out a couple of colony ships, which settle in a star system with an unusual number of planets, and form the Alliance, letting us have Firefly. (I'm sure there are other possibilities, but I can't think of them right now.)

Anyway, none of this is especially important right now, but I hope that if people agree with it we can keep it in mind as we go along. I personally will be aiming in this direction.
Destructionator XV
Lead Programmer

A couple minor things to say right now, and I've far more to talk about later on (will do later as the game progresses).

This post is relevant immediately.
DesertFly wrote:I want the wormhole that allows the A'millians to get here closed (probably in some major battle),
This is an artificial construct; I have been calling it a transwarp conduit since it is a simple familiar term.

It consists of two large cylinders, one at starbase 242 (the Milky Way terminus) and the other at starbase 176 (the home galaxy terminus).

When a ship passes through this, it is accelerated into what is basically hyperspace, and it keeps going until it encounters the facility at the other side which pulls the ship back into realspace.

If either one of these facilities is damaged or destroyed, it has the following consequences:

1) Any ships passing to the damaged terminus are lost: they cannot exit hyperspace on their own. However, if the ship is going the other way, it will be fine, since the facility on the other side will not be affected.

2) Nothing else can use it (since it is destroyed, obviously) in either direction. They would have to truck it between galaxies, which takes at least 2 weeks (for the fast ships) and months for the slower ships. Fuel costs and travel time would make regular travel back and forth prohibitive.

So yeah, this system could be easily destroyed in battle. Also, if 242 were ordered to evacuate, they would all get started through it, setting a time bomb to destroy it, which would mean they can get home (the facility at 176 still works, so they can stop), but nothing can follow them, and the base does not fall into enemy hands.
Adam D. Ruppe
Destructionator XV
Lead Programmer

By the way, my timeline for the next few posts:

next post, going to Vulcan (will probably type it up tomorrow morning)

post after that, Galadriel's meeting (right? I would like to get to that rather quickly, since it is sure to be the next major move in the primary plot).

I expect the meeting many posts as we as the leaders, debate what is going on (if things get as interesting as I hope they will)
Adam D. Ruppe
Ra
Master

Post by Ra »

Yep, that's going to be my next post.

The Vulcan meeting will have lots of intrigue, and it should be very interesting indeed, but I entend it to eventually fail to prevent war. It'll see Ra and Kerrigan finally meet, as per the meeting with Kar'tan, and Ra's uncomfortable reunion with Galadriel.

As I see things happening right now, the conference will likely end in a shouting match, with the Imperial/Troll alliance, the A'millians, and the embryonic Goa'uld/Zerg alliance all drawing lines in the sand. While both the GZA and ASE could empathize (the enemy of my enemy is my friend), I want to keep relations with the A'millians neutral to warm for the time being, rather than some alliance. We shouldn't all jump on the "we hate the Imps" bandwagon all at once.

I also want Ra to pick up a Vulcan henchwoman, T'eris, someone that isn't so comfortable with the current Imperial-dominated political climate ("Is it logical to allow our fate to be determined by these outsiders?" she thinks not), though she'll probably be there mainly for comical relief. Political and military implications of her presence, besides sage advice, will be minimal; even less than there was with Madar and Friends in his camp.

She could also serve as an A'millian informant in Ra's camp, if you wish, which would make things very interesting.
Last edited by Ra on Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jonathan McKenzie

Ra
Master

Post by Ra »

And also, the whole apocalpyse plot for PW IV is awesome. I fully support it.

Starting a "clean slate" of sorts would be very cool, and it would allow the characters to have much more "scoundrel"-like adventures, going from one hellhole to the next. And we could have all these little isolated planets with their own governments, rather than having all of them being run by some huge empire.

Also, it would bring firepower back to reasonable levels. No more earth-shattering DBZ shit, we have ships with lasers and fricking guns again. That would be badass. Yes, I'm a big fan of nBSG because it doesn't have Star Wars firepower. They have an old, utilitarian-looking ship, they only have guns, and back in the "glory days" of the Twelve Colonies, nukes were their big kill weapons.

So, when the time comes, bring on the apocalypse!
Jonathan McKenzie

Destructionator XV
Lead Programmer

Ra wrote: While both the GZA and ASE could empathize (the enemy of my enemy is my friend), I want to keep relations with the A'millians neutral to warm for the time being, rather than some alliance. We shouldn't all jump on the "we hate the Imps" bandwagon all at once.
Here's how that would happen.

He doesn't like you.
I'm sorry.
I don't like you either.
This little one isn't worth the trouble.
*swoosh* *humm* Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!
Adam D. Ruppe
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
Sick, Twisted Fuck

Post by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman »

Ra wrote:Who's the Imps' leader that will come, if Saan has mysteriously "vanished" into nothingness (despite being referenced in the STGOD, and never having been said to have been deposed, at least not to my knowledge :roll:)? President Clark (and we needed a new name for him, the B5 reference is too blatant)?
I don't exactly remember which post, but Allen has explictly said in his IC post that the Empire had a new government now. However, the name of the President was not mentioned.

In fact, the fact that Saan is no longer in charge was emphasized since the very start when Allen mentioned the Empire's isolationist policy, that "all and every ship who violated Imperial territory will be fired upon" (of course, it doesn't apply to passenger/cargo/commercial ships).

DK can't, because he runs a little backwater fiefdom on Earth, not the whole Imperial galaxy.
True. I envision that Darth Kreshna to be more like Prince Heinel (Prince Zardos in English version) of Voltes V. Anyway, you do know Voltes V, don't you? DON'T YOU???? :evil:

*sighs* See, that's what I call generation gap. Nobody knows Voltes anymore. Kids today.... *mumbles, takes his walking cane and stumbles away*

"And it would weaken his own defense," Nica added. "Those bombs were only built by the Tau'ri and to an extent Baal's faction, and one force is now an Imperial "protectorate" - what she meant was "occupied" - and the other is in a terrible state now that the Imperials are putting so much pressure on him. I'd say that's a good thing, but Ra's own bomb-building abilities are extremely limited because of Darth Kreshna's enforcement on Baal's weapons program."
Huh? You mean restriction enforcement, don't you? DK has been against Baal's naquadah program to honor the Empire's relationship with Ra's faction.
The Sick, Twisted Fuck | Sap #2 of the Bitter Trio | Knight of the e-mail | Evil Liberal Conspirator | Esoteric Order of Dagon | Weird TGODer

Share your free D&D character here.

:welcome :arrow: :sheepfucker: :thumbsup

So be it. If saying "NO" means being alone, then to hell with love, with romance, with marriage, and all the shit life keeps pumping at me. I'll walk alone, but with freedom and a healed pride.

NEVER buy a LiteOn CD/DVD Writer. Ever.
Sick, Twisted Fuck

Oh, I don't know how Dartzap would play this part, but I thought it could be fun if Commander Bond... I mean Commander Flotsam decided to track the Genator himself, trying to capture the A'milan terrorist. And then Flotsam would get captured by the Destructionator android, and it could be like this:

FLOTSAM: Do you want me to speak?

DESTRUCTIONATOR: No, Mr. Flotsam. I want you to die!
The Sick, Twisted Fuck | Sap #2 of the Bitter Trio | Knight of the e-mail | Evil Liberal Conspirator | Esoteric Order of Dagon | Weird TGODer

So be it. If saying "NO" means being alone, then to hell with love, with romance, with marriage, and all the shit life keeps pumping at me. I'll walk alone, but with freedom and a healed pride.

Destructionator XV
Lead Programmer

Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:FLOTSAM: Do you want me to speak?
It is "Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond, I expect you to die!"

But what is silly about Bond villains is that the don't just shoot him in the head.
Adam D. Ruppe
Sick, Twisted Fuck

Destructionator XV wrote:But what is silly about Bond villains is that the don't just shoot him in the head.
Actually, I'd rather be shot in the head instead of having a laser cutting through my CROTCH. :shock:

Destructionator XV
Lead Programmer

Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:Actually, I'd rather be shot in the head instead of having a laser cutting through my CROTCH. :shock:
Indeed, and the villain should prefer it too: there is no chance to escape, especially with Goldfinger.

He said he didn't expect him to talk, so it wasn't torture, it was just an elaborate execution. Bond villains are some of the stupidest idiots ever. Still fun films to watch, but damn they are stupid villains.
Adam D. Ruppe
Destructionator XV
Lead Programmer

By the way, I am arriving at this meeting after Darth Kreshna so I can look in awe at his battle fleet he is bringing before landing my little unarmed runabout.

If he hasn't left yet, the end of my next post is still supposed to be after he is there.

It makes sense that he should arrive first anyway, since the Death Star is much closer to Vulcan, and his ships are far faster than my shuttle.
Adam D. Ruppe
Destructionator XV
Lead Programmer

I wish Detritus was there.

"Lord Kreshna, I should have known it was you who was holding Detritus' leash. I recognized your foul stench when I landed."

Oh well :-(
Adam D. Ruppe
Destructionator XV
Lead Programmer

KAN, how the fuck can you probe a mind trained to resist mind probing, and specifically prepared for such a probe? Worse yet, reading something that would not be on the top of his mind right now?

edit: not that it matters really anyway, since it changes nothing, but still, the phoenix power needs limits, edit2: or I'll kill it.
Last edited by Destructionator XV on Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Adam D. Ruppe
Destructionator XV
Lead Programmer

(which Kerrigan was sure were compensating for something...)
This reminds me of the Kerrigan Quote of the Day! (by indirect relation)

"It doesn't take a telepath to know what you're thinking."
Adam D. Ruppe
DesertFly
Water Soluble

Post by DesertFly »

Alright, kids, the Queen Bitch of the Universe has arrived. And no funny business. She's as powerful a psychic as any of you.
Sick, Twisted Fuck

Destructionator XV wrote:KAN, how the fuck can you probe a mind trained to resist mind probing, and specifically prepared for such a probe? Worse yet, reading something that would not be on the top of his mind right now?
Actually, probing one's memory (and even blocking some part of it) is kinda standard in Marvel Universe, but alright, I'll edit it.

Destructionator XV
Lead Programmer

I kinda wanna skip ahead and say Detritus has arrived. Dartzap probably won't be up for a couple more hours at least, and we should be able to post him just sitting down so the rest of us can move on without usurping his authority over his characters.

(And I am going to bed within the next 20 minutes myself, btw)
Adam D. Ruppe
Sick, Twisted Fuck

Destructionator XV wrote:I kinda wanna skip ahead and say Detritus has arrived. Dartzap probably won't be up for a couple more hours at least, and we should be able to post him just sitting down so the rest of us can move on without usurping his authority over his characters.
How about the alternative? We can have a heated up arguments whether the discussion should be started without Detritus or not. Darth Kreshna will naturally defend his ally, while Kerrigan will arroganly insist that the meeting can begin without Detritus, and such thing until the conference heated up and everyone start yelling at each other.

Destructionator XV
Lead Programmer

Works for me. Again, I will not be actually starting anything; I will wait for you or someone else to say something first then respond to it.

So post away!
Adam D. Ruppe
Sick, Twisted Fuck

Destructionator XV wrote:Works for me. Again, I will not be actually starting anything; I will wait for you or someone else to say something first then respond to it.

So post away!
Since the last post was mine, I guess the next should be yours. Lord Adam should maybe replies in venomous tone; "no wonder Detritus hasn't arrived yet, he's busy mobilizing his forces to conquer the galaxy with you", etc.