[MSPaint, big image] Romulan Warship

ART: Movies, Pictures, Music the stuff that could be considered Art by some people

Moderator: frigidmagi

Ra
Master

#1 [MSPaint, big image] Romulan Warship

Post by Ra »

I got bored and started drawing a 25th-century Romulan warship.

Jonathan McKenzie
Half-Insane Snakehead | MSPaint Acolyte | Wierd TGOD'er

"Every time you stay abstinent...Kitten kills a god."
The Village Idiot
Initiate

Post by The Village Idiot »

Not to shabby for MSpaint.
"Sir, are you classified as human?"
"Negative, I am a meat popsicle."
Corbin Dallas - The Fifth Element
Narsil
Lord of Time

Post by Narsil »

Judging from the shape and emphasis on the wing, I'm assuming it's something that's a bit more aerodynamic and capable of controlled atmospheric flight - perhaps a few hundred metres long. Lightly armed, built for fast attacks, probable troop transport capabilities. Might be easier to attack from the front, due to the larger space for weapons on the back...

Nice design overall, reminiscent of the Lucrehulk or one of those Bentusi vessels in shape, without the bulkiness.
Ra
Master

Post by Ra »

Thanks. :mrgreen:

Well, the ship isn't actually all that light; as it's poorly detailed sofar, it doesn't really portray the size well. This warbird is basically the RSE's 25th-centry equivilant to the D'deridex, so it's going to be rather largish, though likely not as gargantuan as the fan-made (but should be canon) D'voridex.

The weaponry ideas I'm working with do, however, place them mostly on the wings, with disruptors on the top of the upper wing and bottom of the under wing, and q-torp launchers in between. I'm also going to add a nav deflector and engineering bulge to the topside.
Jonathan McKenzie

Ace Pace
Antisemetical Semite

Post by Ace Pace »

Power generation goes where? Main hull? That's going to be annoying to expel heat from :wink: but thats nitpicking.
[img=left]http://www.libriumarcana.com/Uploads/Ace/acewip7.jpg[/img]Grand Dolphin Conspiracy
The twin cub, the Cyborg dolphin wolf.

Dorsk 81: this is why I support the separation of Aces eyebrow's, something that ugly should never be joined

Mayabird:You see what this place does to us? It's like how Eskimos have their 16 names for snow. We have to precisely define what shafting we're receiving.

"Do we think Israel would be nuts enough to go back into Lebanon with Olmert still in power and calling the shots? They could hook Sharon up to a heart monitor and interpret the blips and bleeps as "yes" and "no" and do better than that, both strategically and emotionally."
Narsil
Lord of Time

Post by Narsil »

Remember Ace, Trek ships and real-world physics don't see eye-to-eye on most (read: any) occasions. :razz:
Ace Pace
Antisemetical Semite

Post by Ace Pace »

Hint, art goes in art
[img=left]http://www.libriumarcana.com/Uploads/Ace/acewip7.jpg[/img]Grand Dolphin Conspiracy

Dorsk 81: this is why I support the separation of Aces eyebrow's, something that ugly should never be joined

Mayabird:You see what this place does to us? It's like how Eskimos have their 16 names for snow. We have to precisely define what shafting we're receiving.

"Do we think Israel would be nuts enough to go back into Lebanon with Olmert still in power and calling the shots? They could hook Sharon up to a heart monitor and interpret the blips and bleeps as "yes" and "no" and do better than that, both strategically and emotionally."
Einhander Sn0m4n
Apprentice

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Ra, that's one HAWT Rommy! Your style is quite similar to mine.

EDIT again: Whatever the fuck you do, DO NOT SAVE AS A JPEG PLEASE! Save as a PNG with Irfanview.

:cheers
Last edited by Einhander Sn0m4n on Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ra
Master

Post by Ra »

Thanks. :grin: I admit I had a few influences from some of your Trek designs.
Last edited by Ra on Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathan McKenzie

Einhander Sn0m4n
Apprentice

Ra wrote:Thanks. :grin: I admit I had a few influences from some of your Trek designs.
Have as many influences as you damn well please, Ra. I like your designs lots!
Ace Pace
Antisemetical Semite

Post by Ace Pace »

Ra, prettyness note, I'd suggest importing your images to Paint .net and Anti aliasing them, to help with the curves.

Narsil
Lord of Time

Post by Narsil »

Ace Pace wrote:Ra, prettyness note, I'd suggest importing your images to Paint .net and Anti aliasing them, to help with the curves.
Personal addition:
Anti-aliasing should be done after finishing it off, however. An anti-aliased image is a fucking bitch to edit.
Einhander Sn0m4n
Apprentice

BTW...

Einhander Sn0m4n
Apprentice

Narsil wrote:
Ace Pace wrote:Ra, prettyness note, I'd suggest importing your images to Paint .net and Anti aliasing them, to help with the curves.
Personal addition:
Anti-aliasing should be done after finishing it off, however. An anti-aliased image is a fucking bitch to edit.
Thanks; I was rather hinting that I'd like to take a crack at this design too...
Ra
Master

Post by Ra »

Actually I have the image as a PNG (perfectly intact), I made it a JPEG so that Photobucket wouldn't resize it.
Jonathan McKenzie

Ra
Master

Post by Ra »

Ghetto Edit: PNG format, AND updated!

Jonathan McKenzie

Einhander Sn0m4n
Apprentice

I think I might wanna make my own version, but only after you get done with yours, Ra. :)
Ra
Master

Post by Ra »

Excellent! :grin:

Just some miscellaneous notes:

For my future side-view attempt, the ship will have the "biplane" configuration made famous by the ubiquitous TNG warbird, but will vastly less space between the wings.

It'll have quantum slipstream drive, thus the Dauntless-style deflector.

At least four "super-heavy" disruptor cannons will be mounted on the center area of the ship, flanking the engineering bluge and corresponding spots on the underside.
Jonathan McKenzie