Skills interchange

KoLA: Ask questions and seek answers for Kingdom of Loathing
Josh
Resident of the Kingdom of Eternal Cockjobbery

#1 Skills interchange

Post by Josh »

This thread will serve for discussion of who can offer what, in terms of foodmaking, cocktail making, and meatsmithing.

-------------------------------
Okay, I'm getting up on the meatsmithing stuff, just got the advanced meatsmithing skills that only Seal Clubbers can get. So if you want, you can feed me parts to hammer together. Right now I have enough chrome ore to build another chrome sword, all I'll need is a dense meat stack. The Chrome Sword gives you three extra adventures.

Here's a list of meatsmithing items

Shoot requests and materials my way and I'll hammer it together for you.
When the Frog God smiles, arm yourself.
"'Flammable' and 'inflammable' have the same meaning! This language is insane!"
GIVE ME COFFEE AND I WILL ALLOW YOU TO LIVE!- Frigid
"Ork 'as no automatic code o' survival. 'is partic'lar distinction from all udda livin' gits is tha necessity ta act inna face o' alternatives by means o' dakka."
I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain
Crayz9000
Acolyte

Post by Crayz9000 »

I have both a chef-in-the-box and a bartender-in-the-box. The chef in the box is mainly for my own use since I can't make the stuff that Pastamancers and Saucerors make, but if anyone wants to trade ingredients for cocktails I can make some for them. Not quite sure how I can trade ingredients, since I can't pull anything from the clan stash, but anyway.

Eggnog, by the way, I found to be a very good drink for Moxie chars. It gives 10 adventures and boosts moxie and mysticality.
On KoL: JohanRagle (#516492)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I am a DB with advanced cocktail crafting and a bartender-in-the-box so I can also mix drinks when given the required items (I may be able to donate an item if I have enough).
Mayabird
Leader of the Marching Band

Post by Mayabird »

I also have a chef-in-the-box. As I'm an accordian thief (well, Level 9
Hurdy-Gurdy Hooligan) I can't make the fancy noodles stuff, but I can cast the following buffs on people:

The Moxious Madrigal [increases Moxie]
Cletus's Canticle of Celerity [increases speed]
The Polka of Plenty [+50% meat droppage]
The Magical Mojomuscular Melody [increased MP]
The Power Ballad of the Arrowsmith [increased muscle]
Brawnee's Anthem of Absorption
Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric [+20% item droppage]
The Psalm of Pointiness
sketerpot
Acolyte

Post by sketerpot »

I'm a Turtle Tamer, and I just got training in smithing special helmets and advanced pants. If you need anything smithed, just send the items to me.
Last edited by sketerpot on Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pure Sabacc
Imperious Underling

Post by Pure Sabacc »

I'm a level seven (soon to be eight) Sauceror. Contact me for all your Saucey needs.
The Dark
Apprentice

Post by The Dark »

I have both a pastamancer and a sauceror, although neither has their advanced creation skills yet. When I get them I will inform the board :D .

Oh, and I have an oven and a mixcrafting set.
Skadi
Apprentice

Post by Skadi »

I have the Chef and Bartender in a box and can make limited food/drink items. As a Seal Clubber, I can make lots of fun weapons so send me your base ores and what you want made.
The Dark
Apprentice

Post by The Dark »

I now have Chef-in-a-box, and am using Advanced Panhandling to earn the meat to be able to make Scrumptious Reagants. Only another 4000 meat to go... :?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Now that I'm out of Ronin, I can take stuff to make the chow mein dishes. My multi is also in Ronin, but can send me stuff like Hell Broth, so I can also make Hell Ramen when he finds Hellion cubes.

The big thing I'm always short on is spices. Anyone have a good source?
Josh

Post by Josh »

SCRawl wrote:Now that I'm out of Ronin, I can take stuff to make the chow mein dishes. My multi is also in Ronin, but can send me stuff like Hell Broth, so I can also make Hell Ramen when he finds Hellion cubes.

The big thing I'm always short on is spices. Anyone have a good source?
Other than getting them at the tower, there seems to be a bottleneck, which is why they're so damned pricey.
"Ork 'as no automatic code o' survival. 'is partic'lar distinction from all udda livin' gits is tha necessity ta act inna face o' alternatives by means o' dakka."
Skadi
Apprentice

Post by Skadi »

SCRawl wrote: The big thing I'm always short on is spices. Anyone have a good source?
The Pirate Cove is a great place for spices. Dress up as a swashbuckler and adventure there. You will run into a pirate who will give you 3 spices fairly often. The other trick is when the Hermit is offering ten leaf clovers is to get a clover. Use at the sewers and you can pick up a spice, a worthless trinket and some other item. Repeat as often as you wish.
Soontir948
Disciple

Post by Soontir948 »

I have a cocktail kit and a smithing hammer. I have 76 turns right now, so I should be good for awhile.

I am also an accordian thief and I can do the following buffs:

Moxious Madrigal and Cletus' Canticle of Clarity.

Edit: I just got the skill the Polka of Plenty.
Last edited by Soontir948 on Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Soontir, I'll probably be distributing cocktail ingredients back from Meatdump to you for the mixing, as soon as he's got some.
CDiehl
Acolyte

Post by CDiehl »

Spices sometimes turn up in the Knob Goblin Kitchens, as do Dry Noodles. I try to cast Pastamastery each day, so I have a small, steady supply of noodles. If the Saucerors can provide me with some of the sauces that use Scrumptious Reagent, I can mix up some dishes from them and put them in the stash.
The Dark
Apprentice

Post by The Dark »

Reagants sometimes turn up in the Goblins' Lab. Once I work my way through the cherries and gr8ps Petro got me, I'll work with you on creating food dishes, CDiehl, since my Sauceror can make the Reagants.
Skadi
Apprentice

Post by Skadi »

I finally took out the evil Sorceress and ascended. I kept the meatsmithing skill so I can make weapons for anyone after I get out of ronin. I am a pastamancer now so I will able to make pasta and chow meins as well.
Soontir948
Disciple

Post by Soontir948 »

Yay, my Seal Clubber can super-advance meatsmith! *dances*
Skadi
Apprentice

Post by Skadi »

Perse (my multi) has learned the art of drink making and will be happy to make disco-bandit drinky-drink drinks for anyone.
The Dark
Apprentice

Post by The Dark »

I currently have 8 ice cubes, 10 coconut shells, and 6 paper umbrellas, and about 200 turns to go before I get out of ronin. After that I'll be able to help provide some drinks.
Dalton
Secret Agent Man

Post by Dalton »

I got a Seal Clubber with Advanced Meatsmithing, and my Disco Bandit has Advanced Cocktailcrafting and a bartender-in-the-box.
Rob "Uncle Roby" Dalton | http://www.daltonator.net

"Always in motion is the future..." -Yoda
Hedgecore
Apprentice

Post by Hedgecore »

I've got a few stir-frys, anybody wanna help me out and make some chow-mein? I can provide noodles.

(out of context, this might be one of the weirdest things someone could say)
"Well, I wouldn't argue that is was a no holds-barred, adrenalin fuelled thrill ride, but there is no way you
can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork."
-Sgt Nicholas Angel, on Point Break

"You gotta look Death in the face and say, 'Whatever, man.'"
-Hurley
sketerpot
Acolyte

Post by sketerpot »

Hedgecore wrote:I've got a few stir-frys, anybody wanna help me out and make some chow-mein? I can provide noodles.

(out of context, this might be one of the weirdest things someone could say)
Sure, I have a Pastamancer who can help you out. Just send the ingredients over to sketerpot, and I'll cook them up.