Strangest foods you enjoy

GH: General Discussion

Moderator: LadyTevar

Caz
Master

Post by Caz »

Stofsk wrote:Vegemite and cheese toasted sandwiches.
That sounds very, very good to me. I love Vegemite, and I'm the only person I've ever met that likes it.

Shit, let's see, what else do I like...

I love sesame octapi. They're little baby octapi about the size my palm, sauteed in sesame oil with veggies, and you eat them whole. The tentacles don't bug me and the heads kind of explode and it's good.

Writing that out grossed me out but IT TASTES GOOD SO IT CAN'T BE BAD RIGHT?
Ali Sama
Initiate

Post by Ali Sama »

The Village Idiot wrote:I do all those things with fries as well, with the ranch or gravy, and the like.

I guess my weird items are cold pizza with mustard. Pizza rolls with E-Z -cheese injected in them and then diped in con-queso cheese dip. Or mottzurella(sp) chunks diped in con-queso dip. I guess most of my wierd stuffs has to do with the liberal application of chesse *shrug*

I have also found pickle juice very good for when I am working at the Renaissance Festival, seems to help the voice.
Lots of people eat fries wit raunch dressing. hell. It is served with it in a lot of resturants.
Have you tried it with chillie? gravy is good. Put some motzerella on the fries and pour hot gravy over it. You get poutan^_-
"In eternal damnation we sow the seeds of man, so we may delight in their pain and sorrow, basking them in our infinite love.."
Charles reed March 21, 2230

My live Journal
Stofsk
Secret Agent Man

Post by Stofsk »

Caz wrote:
That sounds very, very good to me. I love Vegemite, and I'm the only person I've ever met that likes it.
Vegemite is one of those things that is actually good for you (rich source of Vitamin B) but is an acquired taste so they say. I don't think I ever really liked it when I was a kid, or in fact ever had it at all, but I just forced myself to eat it when I was an adult. At first I didn't like it, but then it grew on me.
The Village Idiot
Initiate

Post by The Village Idiot »

Stofsk wrote:
Caz wrote:
Vegemite is one of those things that is actually good for you (rich source of Vitamin B) but is an acquired taste so they say. I don't think I ever really liked it when I was a kid, or in fact ever had it at all, but I just forced myself to eat it when I was an adult. At first I didn't like it, but then it grew on me.
Mmmm......It is a damn shame more people here in the US dont like it. I have to go to specialy stores to find it....and it is a hell of a lot more expensive.

Oh and as for fries....gravy, chillie, chesse, ranch, ketsup, mustard, mayo, (meat), on a burger (only way I could eat the school burgers), under fish.....I have still yet to find a way I dont like them.
"Sir, are you classified as human?"
"Negative, I am a meat popsicle."
Corbin Dallas - The Fifth Element
vampykat
Apprentice

Post by vampykat »

garlic dill pickles dipped in chocolate pudding, sometimes with a dash of garlic power or salt on that.
vampykat
Apprentice

Post by vampykat »

Elheru Aran wrote:Termites. Lighter. Mix the two. Pretty good actually.

Note: These are the large one-inch-long African migratory type, in their winged mating form. They're no good in the mound...
oh oh I love dill pickle juice from the jar and I agree, if you put it into a glass, not the same thing!!
vampykat
Apprentice

Post by vampykat »

that is not the quote I quoted..arghhhh I was quoting Mayabirds comment.

I give up..to hot to concentrate
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Cynical Cat wrote:
LadyTevar wrote:ranch dressing on french fries.
Not that weird, the Belgians do it as well.
Chili and Claw on my hotdog (I understand it's purely a WVian thing... other people have no idea how good this is?)
Don't know what Claw is, but chili on hot dogs happens in a lot of places.
Chili and SLAW. As in ColeSlaw. :oops:

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Mayabird
Leader of the Marching Band

Post by Mayabird »

LadyTevar wrote:
Cynical Cat wrote:
LadyTevar wrote:ranch dressing on french fries.
Not that weird, the Belgians do it as well.
Chili and Claw on my hotdog (I understand it's purely a WVian thing... other people have no idea how good this is?)
Don't know what Claw is, but chili on hot dogs happens in a lot of places.
Chili and SLAW. As in ColeSlaw. :oops:
I doubt it's purely West Virginian, as I've eaten cole slaw on hot dogs many a time (with chili, too). It might be a southern thing, as it is served as The Varsity, where every meal is guaranteed to take at least a week off your life.
I :luv: DPDarkPrimus!

Storytime update 8/31: Frigidmagi might be amused by this one.
Bratty
Disciple

#35 Well I like it ...

Post by Bratty »

Cottage Cheese and Baked Beans mixed.
"She believed in nothing; only her skepticism kept her from being an atheist."

~Jean Paul Sartre, philosopher