Author Feedback: Pure Sabacc

UFR - Give author feedback

Moderator: LadyTevar

Pure Sabacc
Imperious Underling

#1 Author Feedback: Pure Sabacc

Post by Pure Sabacc »

I suppose this is the way it's done...

Right now, I only have one fic posted here, but depending upon schedules and such, I might post more. Until then, you can find some of my work on Stardestroyer.net (as Noble Ire) or FF.net (as Pure Sabacc).

Echoes: A star Wars Short

Respond, if you wish.
Last edited by Pure Sabacc on Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Arbiter of Benefaction

"Even in the darkest of suffering, a man can sleep, but for the man who inflicts that suffering, there is no rest, ever." -Ishbala
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Ooo... I like! You need to post more of your writing!

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
The Grim Squeaker
Initiate

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

I saw you on FF.net, why don't you re-post "The Rift" over here so that it can be spread out more?
Formerly known as the .303 bookworm
Veni, Vidi,Vici.
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/ ... 0av/CW.jpg[/img]
My Photography
My Picasa based Photography

Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much: the wheel, New York, wars while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in water having a good time.
But the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man for precisely the same reasons
Scottish Ninja
Initiate

Post by Scottish Ninja »

"The Rift" is one of my favorites. More people do need to read it, I think.
[img=left]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a116/ ... vilwar.jpg[/img]Dakarne: That's no moon...
Dakarne: it's London.

Thank god for Tennessee Harold Ford protecting us from nuclear vegemite. - Petrosjko
Major Reilly: Air Command
"They can shoot me dead, but the moral high ground is mine" - The Doctor
Pure Sabacc
Imperious Underling

Post by Pure Sabacc »

The Grim Squeaker wrote:I saw you on FF.net, why don't you re-post "The Rift" over here so that it can be spread out more?
I'll probably do end up doing that. I started to once, but when I looked over the first few chapters, I decided to do a bit of revising, and the repost was sort of forgotten. I'll put it up when I have some time to do the transfer.

And thanks, everyone. :smile:
Last edited by Pure Sabacc on Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arbiter of Benefaction

"Even in the darkest of suffering, a man can sleep, but for the man who inflicts that suffering, there is no rest, ever." -Ishbala
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

My dear, I demand more of this new story.

The characters are fascinating, the backstory crying out for more information, and you left the heros in a bad situation.

Thus, you need to write more chapters. Soon.

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

From adventure to political manuevering... very interesting. I did think there was a bit too much descriptiveness, however.

It does make me wonder what the events of the first story have to do with the events of the second.

Pure Sabacc
Imperious Underling

Post by Pure Sabacc »

From adventure to political manuevering... very interesting. I did think there was a bit too much descriptiveness, however.
Yes, I thought so too. As is, I had to cut out a good deal of background from the text and hold it in reserve for another chapter, and I'm not sure how to balance it out any more without taking away too much detail. :???:

Hopefully the next few parts will move a bit more smoothly, even though there is still a considerable amount of exposition I still have to get through.
Arbiter of Benefaction

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

A great new story! I do hope you're going to write more and explain what that tiny system has to do with the Empire.

Pure Sabacc
Imperious Underling

Post by Pure Sabacc »

LadyTevar wrote:A great new story! I do hope you're going to write more and explain what that tiny system has to do with the Empire.
There's certainly more on the way; Embers is intended to be around fifty pages long, so there are at least half a dozen updates coming.
Arbiter of Benefaction