Science Fiction "Projects"

SF: Not to be confused with SyFy....
Robert Walper
Adept

#1 Science Fiction "Projects"

Post by Robert Walper »

As the ruler...er...humble moderator of this forum, I thought it would be fun and productive to make projects specfically for this forum. For example, picking some popular franchaises (or even specific aspects of them) and creating threads dedicated to their "analysis". This idea inspired by similar activity on other boards.

For example, being a obvious Borg fan (*points at custom title*), I'm planning on creating a stickified thread that will be my own accumulation of Borg facts, data and some speculation and ideas about them.

That'll be my project, but I'd like to have more than just my own favorite hogging the lights. Mind you, we can't expect to have six dozen said stickified threads about sci fi subjects, so I'm tinkering around with the notion of a voting thread to decide which ones will be in the light. Decision by popular demand obviously. These would be long term projects, added to and edited over time. Preferably more than just one user responsible and working for any one subject (or bunch). I'm thinking about a limit of perhaps 4 to 6 subjects on top of my own favorite.

Comments? Suggestions?
Last edited by Robert Walper on Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

I'm not sure I understand the point or significance of this. What exactly would be the purpose of this other then to have a sticky thread of facts ranging from the borg to McDonald's hamburgers...
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
Robert Walper
Adept

Post by Robert Walper »

B4UTRUST wrote:I'm not sure I understand the point or significance of this. What exactly would be the purpose of this other then to have a sticky thread of facts ranging from the borg to McDonald's hamburgers...
Well, it's an idea in progress. I might even ditch it if interest seems too low or it's ruled rather pointless.

As to the hamburgers though...does that fall under science fiction? I had one not too long ago...I never thought myself that delusional. ;)
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

Robert Walper wrote:As to the hamburgers though...does that fall under science fiction?
Because no matter how many times you see those delicious lightly toasted buns surrounding that oh soooo tempting all beef patty with special sauce, it never looks like tht when you get it. Therefore the burgers are Sci-fi! They're delusions of our imagination!
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
Robert Walper
Adept

Post by Robert Walper »

B4UTRUST wrote:
Robert Walper wrote:As to the hamburgers though...does that fall under science fiction?
Because no matter how many times you see those delicious lightly toasted buns surrounding that oh soooo tempting all beef patty with special sauce, it never looks like tht when you get it. Therefore the burgers are Sci-fi! They're delusions of our imagination!
My god man! You're right!

My burgers never look the way they do on TV. To think this entire time I was under the illusion. My eyes have been opened! :shock:
tumbletom
Acolyte

Post by tumbletom »

Robert Walper wrote:
B4UTRUST wrote:I'm not sure I understand the point or significance of this. What exactly would be the purpose of this other then to have a sticky thread of facts ranging from the borg to McDonald's hamburgers...
Well, it's an idea in progress. I might even ditch it if interest seems too low or it's ruled rather pointless.

As to the hamburgers though...does that fall under science fiction? I had one not too long ago...I never thought myself that delusional. ;)
How about...Borgafied hamburgers?

Burgers always tell me "Resistance is Futile"
Mmmmmmmmmm