Space Elves in... Star Wars?! (56k might have trouble)

SF: Not to be confused with SyFy....
Narsil
Lord of Time

#1 Space Elves in... Star Wars?! (56k might have trouble)

Post by Narsil »

Now, the second image's Space Elf hasn't got all-that-clear pointed ears... but the evidence is pretty damn clear. We've got Space Elves in Star Wars, ladies and gentlemen...

Also; has anyone heard of a name for the species of these three ladies... or at least an inkling?
Last edited by Narsil on Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ra
Master

Post by Ra »

And the Evil Elf Conspiracy marches ever forth. We've invaded THREE sci-fi franchises. Star Trek, Warhammer 40,000, and now STAR WARS! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Now if only we could get into nBSG...

We shall rule all. It is only a matter of time.
Last edited by Ra on Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathan McKenzie
Half-Insane Snakehead | MSPaint Acolyte | Wierd TGOD'er

"Every time you stay abstinent...Kitten kills a god."
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

Which comic is the 2nd one in?
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Narsil
Lord of Time

Post by Narsil »

frigidmagi wrote:Which comic is the 2nd one in?
Star Wars Republic; Blast Radius. A lass named Fay.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

I could swear I've heard of her.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

A space elf named Fay...

Ow.

Then again, it's not necessarily bad to steal them. Just innovate while stealing, then it's inspiration.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.
Narsil
Lord of Time

Post by Narsil »

SirNitram wrote:A space elf named Fay...

Ow.

Then again, it's not necessarily bad to steal them. Just innovate while stealing, then it's inspiration.
And, of course, elves are in pretty much everything already anyway. You're not stealing if everyone else is doing it; then it's known as 'appeal to popularity'... (yes, I know it's a logical fallacy, but so are most movements in the Business Sector)

I now see an even more vast amount of mirrors between 40k and Star Wars, and it's already pretty damn fucking lot. 40k is just Star Wars without the thin film of hazy pink fog making everything seem nicer than it actually is. 40k is Star Wars Knurd Edition.
Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

Post by Batman »

*starts the timer*
'I wonder how far the barometer sunk.'-'All der way. Trust me on dis.'
'Go ahead. Bake my quiche'.
'Undead or alive, you're coming with me.'
'Detritus?'-'Yessir?'-'Never go to Klatch'.-'Yessir.'
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
'Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a sword a little'
'Run away, and live to run away another day'-The Rincewind principle
'Hello, inner child. I'm the inner babysitter.'
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Uh... No, just no. I'm sorry but Jedi=/= 40K Psykers. Not to mention that there are no Warp Deamons, nor anything like the Tryanids in Star Wars.

Also The God-Emperor is not Palpatine like at all.
Brother-Captain Gaius
Initiate

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

Eldar. Purge the witches.
Narsil
Lord of Time

Post by Narsil »

Uh... No, just no. I'm sorry but Jedi=/= 40K Psykers. Not to mention that there are no Warp Deamons, nor anything like the Tryanids in Star Wars.
I didn't say they were exact matches. But the general feel and overall motif seems to be a grittier and nastier version of Star Wars. Of course, they're both Sci-Fi ripoffs of Lord of the Rings if you really want to get down to it.

And I did not say that the GEoM was like Palpatine. From what I know of the GEoM, he's something more akin to Vader, the right-enough motives but he stumbled a bit somewhere. Of course, this is my outsider's inexperienced perspective. I'm just pointing out what it looks like.
Brother-Captain Gaius
Initiate

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

Narsil wrote:And I did not say that the GEoM was like Palpatine. From what I know of the GEoM, he's something more akin to Vader, the right-enough motives but he stumbled a bit somewhere. Of course, this is my outsider's inexperienced perspective. I'm just pointing out what it looks like.
If you want to boil it down to D&D alignments, the God-Emperor is Lawful Good from a human-centric viewpoint, Lawful Neutral otherwise.

It's the people who supposedly speak in His Name that screw things up.
Narsil
Lord of Time

Post by Narsil »

Brother-Captain Gaius wrote:
Narsil wrote:And I did not say that the GEoM was like Palpatine. From what I know of the GEoM, he's something more akin to Vader, the right-enough motives but he stumbled a bit somewhere. Of course, this is my outsider's inexperienced perspective. I'm just pointing out what it looks like.
If you want to boil it down to D&D alignments, the God-Emperor is Lawful Good from a human-centric viewpoint, Lawful Neutral otherwise.

It's the people who supposedly speak in His Name that screw things up.
Ah. I just thought he was as evil as those who follow his 'word'. My mistake.
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

He had what amounted to the best of intentions, but we all know what they say about the road of good intentions.

His followers over time just became zealotical and seemed to misunderstand and misconstrue the words of the GEoM
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Which does not seem to be all that uncommon in religion.
Lord Pounder
Acolyte

Post by Lord Pounder »

Yeah take a good idea and bend and twist it to suit your own ends and greed. If anyone objects brand them a heretic and have the rank and file followers destroy them, in Warhammers case literally and with heavy weapons.
She Broke My Heart I Wanna Be Sedated

All I Wanted Was To See Her Naked
Narsil
Lord of Time

Post by Narsil »

Lord Pounder wrote:Yeah take a good idea and bend and twist it to suit your own ends and greed. If anyone objects brand them a heretic and have the rank and file followers destroy them, in Warhammers case literally and with heavy weapons.
Y'know, the Emperor's situation reminds me loosely of Pteppic's in Pyramids... the visier(sp?) always twisting his words and laws.