Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Forum Game

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Unfortunately, Comrade Tortoise that is incorrect. You would have been touched by the winds of magic since at least adolescence and be part of the world beyond the perception of ordinary men. Their is scholarship involved with magic, but that is a refinement of the art, not its source. You would have been apprenticed to the grim wizards of the Amethyst College before you studied death.

The course you propose would almost certainly lead to necromancy.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

Cynical Cat wrote:Unfortunately, Comrade Tortoise that is incorrect. You would have been touched by the winds of magic since at least adolescence and be part of the world beyond the perception of ordinary men. Their is scholarship involved with magic, but that is a refinement of the art, not its source. You would have been apprenticed to the grim wizards of the Amethyst College before you studied death.

The course you propose would almost certainly lead to necromancy.
Very well... (but I like necromancy)
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

Very well... (but I like necromancy)
In the Empire necromancers get burned at the stake and with good reason.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

All non clerical and non College magic is illegal in the Empire. Necromancy uses Dark Magic, which is particularily destructive both physically and mentally to the user.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

To clarify, Warhammer magic like the rest of the world is a grim and dangerous business. Magic is legal in the Empire because it was needed to repulse the forces of Chaos, or in other words, for its ability to defeat a terrible enemy. The Winds of Magic are dangerous and so are its practitioners. Some of it is flashy, but all of it is dangerous. Boiling someone's blood with Bright magic, sucking out all of the moisture of their body with Jade magic, or ripping out their soul with Amethyst magic are all perfectly acceptable as long as those spells strike the right targets. Battle magic is nasty, brutal stuff.
elderdan
Acolyte

Post by elderdan »

When a priest says some strange words while holding some sort of specific object in their hand, and something impossible happens, that's a miracle sent by the Gods through the power of prayer. All good and decent folk admire and respect this.

When a wizard says some strange words while holding some sort of specific object in their hand, and something impossible happens, that's a spell that may very well have come from the fringes of Chaos through the power of magic. All good and decent folk fear and shun this.

While there have been tomes that speculated that these two effects were, in fact, of a common sort, those tomes are usually banned and their authors imprisoned.

:)

--The Elder Dan
Dan Curtis Johnson | com . mac . crisper | Moreover, I advise that Carthage be destroyed.
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

I am going to go out on a limb and assume we are in that group of refugees?
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

Pcm979
Adept

Post by Pcm979 »

Unpossible. Quests must start at the pub! :smile:
"Are you trying to give me a spasm?" ~The Necrontyr Messenger
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Comrade Tortoise wrote:I am going to go out on a limb and assume we are in that group of refugees?
Yes, for whatever reasons you may have to be travelling.

I should remind the good wizard that the Colleges of Magic's highest duty is to defend the Empire and you may be looking for nasties to kill (as well as pocket money).
Pcm979
Adept

Post by Pcm979 »

*Cough* I don't really see myself as much of a stickler, but the donkey is carrying Harri's stuff, not Harri himself. Also, the Halberd is on the donkey's pack.

Just some clarification.
"Are you trying to give me a spasm?" ~The Necrontyr Messenger
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

What kind of coin?
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Cynical Cat wrote:What kind of coin?
A bit above what one can expect to pay for an inn. Say, silver or gold coins.
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Inn stay will cost you a few shillings (silver) so we'll say 1 gold crown.