Powers disagree over Iran crisis

N&P: Discussion of news headlines and politics.

Moderator: frigidmagi

SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

Lord Stormbringer wrote:
SirNitram wrote:Fun for rhetoric, but these guys are coherent, cognizant, and crafty enough to have manipulated themselves into very safe positions of power. Frankly, that takes intelligence and sanity.
I would point out that Osama bin Laden had a position of power and relative safety in Afghanistan. But he convinced himself, and this is on record, that the godless, divided, and weak Americans wouldn't mount a real counter attack. Or that the Japanese thought that we wouldn't stomach a real war after Pearl Harbor. May I also remind you of Hitler's belief he could take on the entire world?
Osama's still alive. The weak, divided, distracted Americans did, in fact, wander off and not finish the job.
Safe in positions of power or not, when you wed irrational dogma to king sized egos and immesnse power things go badly. There is a long track record of leaders seeing the world how they want it to be and not how they are. I prefer not to trust the rationality of a bunch of fundamentalist dirt bags.
Oh, of course things go badly; Iran is a bad place to be, and they're poking the tiger with their actions against the US/Iraqi militaries! I'm simply arguing they won't step it up to nuclear exchange.
SirNitram wrote:Hell, given that a variety of laws of physics and engineering realities means an optimally equipped plan would take three or more years to produce the needed weapons material, it could all be a plan to solidify their position by ensuring lots of threats to Iran, thus anti-west sentiment.
And the US screwed around with North Korea long enough they now have nuclear weapons. Iran's certainly doing to the same dance. Why give them the time?
So don't screw around this time. Get the fact that China and Russia are now against them getting nukes to find make a real solution, like getting the Mullahs out of power.
As for anti-west sentiment, they're nothing new. And they've shown a willingness to turn it into terrorist acts before. Why trust them with nukes, again?
Nice strawman, exactly as predicted. 3 years minimum, with the newly added diplomatic clout of Russia and China calling for compromises. That's lots of time to actually resolve the conflict, not merely solidify the mullahs in power. The preferred method, of course, is the removal of the mullahs by giving support to other, less dangerous folks in Iran. But we've time, so we can all stop acting like it's doomsday tomorrow.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

Stormy you gonna make with the link?
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Lord Stormbringer
The Red Duke

Post by Lord Stormbringer »

frigidmagi wrote:Stormy you gonna make with the link?
Hard to do since I don't have an SD.net account at the moment. Give me a bit of time, would you?
Lord Stormbringer
The Red Duke

Osama's still alive. The weak, divided, distracted Americans did, in fact, wander off and not finish the job.
And that works against them believing they can take us on and win how?
Oh, of course things go badly; Iran is a bad place to be, and they're poking the tiger with their actions against the US/Iraqi militaries! I'm simply arguing they won't step it up to nuclear exchange.
"What we need is a short, victorious war." Russo-Japanese War.

You might believe that they won't start a war. I don't trust that because there are a long history of leaders scare tactics ending up with them starting a war because rhetoric got out of hand.
So don't screw around this time. Get the fact that China and Russia are now against them getting nukes to find make a real solution, like getting the Mullahs out of power.
Russia and China were against North Korea getting nukes too. It didn't change things enough. Despots tend to do what they want and will only back down when serious consequences are applied.

As for getting the mullahs out of power, they've held on for three decades. They aren't likely, and we can't count on, them going away quickly.
Nice strawman, exactly as predicted. 3 years minimum, with the newly added diplomatic clout of Russia and China calling for compromises. That's lots of time to actually resolve the conflict, not merely solidify the mullahs in power. The preferred method, of course, is the removal of the mullahs by giving support to other, less dangerous folks in Iran. But we've time, so we can all stop acting like it's doomsday tomorrow.
So what? Unless we get better results than we've had in the previous three years, it may well be doomsday tomorrow.

Iran has shown no intention of acting in good faith, no matter who else is against them. It was the same situation with the North Koreans. Unless negotiations can start producing a workable solution, an enforceable solution in the immediate short term then it's time wasted. And the more time we waste, the more time they have to prepare, disperse, and protect their nuclear program. I will point out that they've already used the time given to construct super-bunkers for a goodly chunk. Time they got by phony negotiation.
Fearghul
Acolyte

Post by Fearghul »

Lord Stormbringer wrote:
Robert Walper wrote:Actually, I wouldn't say America's obligation to defend others puts America in a bad light.
Given the attitudes of pricks like Keevan Colton or Weemadando or Elfdart, I'd say it certainly has.
No, it's arseholes like you and all the others of the Shep School of International Affairs that cast America in a bad light. But dont let me interupt your little jerk off here or anything...I'd hate for you to miss a money shot or anything you insipid little shitstain.
Lord Stormbringer
The Red Duke

Fearghul wrote:
Lord Stormbringer wrote:
Robert Walper wrote:Actually, I wouldn't say America's obligation to defend others puts America in a bad light.
Given the attitudes of pricks like Keevan Colton or Weemadando or Elfdart, I'd say it certainly has.
No, it's arseholes like you and all the others of the Shep School of International Affairs that cast America in a bad light. But dont let me interupt your little jerk off here or anything...I'd hate for you to miss a money shot or anything you insipid little shitstain.
If cowering before terrorist states and coddling their feelings is what passes for playing nice, I'd rather be an asshole.
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

Lord Stormbringer wrote:
And that works against them believing they can take us on and win how?
It bolsters that idea, actually. The grand American military juggernaught! ...Failed to bag Osama. That's rather the point of what I said; the responses this gaggle of clucking hens have come up with have failed to work. Why should they suddenly 180 to success in Iran?
"What we need is a short, victorious war." Russo-Japanese War.

You might believe that they won't start a war. I don't trust that because there are a long history of leaders scare tactics ending up with them starting a war because rhetoric got out of hand.
Oh, I fully suspect they'd like to start a war. After all, having The Bomb didn't stop Vietnam, or Afghanistan. But knowing I said that would require reading what I wrote, where I said 'I don't think they'll step it up to 'nuclear exchange'. That step has never been breached, because people tend to get the point.
Russia and China were against North Korea getting nukes too. It didn't change things enough. Despots tend to do what they want and will only back down when serious consequences are applied.
And we had what, maybe months before they had it when we found out? The situation is different.
As for getting the mullahs out of power, they've held on for three decades. They aren't likely, and we can't count on, them going away quickly.
One does not count on things, one works towards them. Or ignores them because they're hard and then you notice them with a nuclear program. Whoops!
So what? Unless we get better results than we've had in the previous three years, it may well be doomsday tomorrow.
Really? From what magical threat will the world end tomorrow?
Iran has shown no intention of acting in good faith, no matter who else is against them. It was the same situation with the North Koreans. Unless negotiations can start producing a workable solution, an enforceable solution in the immediate short term then it's time wasted. And the more time we waste, the more time they have to prepare, disperse, and protect their nuclear program. I will point out that they've already used the time given to construct super-bunkers for a goodly chunk. Time they got by phony negotiation.
It's never about good faith. Are you this naive? Every country acts in bad faith, or at least they do these days. It's about the threat of their few supporters drying up. It's about Russia no longer selling them S-300MPU-1 anti-aircraft missiles, which I'm given to understand would be something of a hinderance to any airstrikes by the non-steathers.

In short, it's about the stick with a little carrot when they roll over.

Speaking of the Norks. Last I heard of that mess involved a draft accord in which Pyongyang had agreed to stop it's weapons program for(What else?) food and aid. Did they get through and just get shoved away because it's not news, or did it fall through?
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Lord Stormbringer
The Red Duke

Why should they suddenly 180 to success in Iran?
A far, far better track record at bombing things as opposed to dealing with isurgencies?
Oh, I fully suspect they'd like to start a war. After all, having The Bomb didn't stop Vietnam, or Afghanistan. But knowing I said that would require reading what I wrote, where I said 'I don't think they'll step it up to 'nuclear exchange'. That step has never been breached, because people tend to get the point.
And once again, most of those people have not been religious fanatics either. The fact that for most of that time nuclear weapons have been confined to stable, secular states who could rationally appreciate the consequences probably had more to do with it.

What you fail to provide evidence for is why a fundamentalist Islamic state would make a suitable addition to the nuclear powers club.
And we had what, maybe months before they had it when we found out? The situation is different.
North Korea?!? :shock:

We knew they had a nuclear weapons for years before and repeatedly wasted time with negotiations that North Korea used purely to extort favors before just going ahead and making nukes anyway.

I fail to see what in that is different.
One does not count on things, one works towards them. Or ignores them because they're hard and then you notice them with a nuclear program. Whoops!
Yeah because we really want Islamic fundamentalists with nuclear weapons to be faced with an revolution. That seems to, and maybe I'm crazy, be a situation in which the chances of some one using nuclear weapons go up by orders of magnitude.

As for the internal reform, lets be honest, people have been saying that Iran is going to reform and become more progressive for at least a decade. Guess what, they haven't yet made progress worth considering. So why should we constrain our present actions in favor of a revolution which may or may not occur in some murky future. That vague hope is nothing to base concrete foreign policy on when the alternatives are as dire as a nuclear armed Iran.
Your phrase, not mine.

Me, I figure if it takes them three years and we don't deal with them, we're in going to be in a bad sitation. You talk about two or three years as if time is standing still. We've been dicking around with them since what, 2002 wasn't it? That suggests to me that your three years doesn't change the basic equation that unless stopped comprehensively then they will acquire nuclear weapons.
It's never about good faith. Are you this naive? Every country acts in bad faith, or at least they do these days. It's about the threat of their few supporters drying up. It's about Russia no longer selling them S-300MPU-1 anti-aircraft missiles, which I'm given to understand would be something of a hinderance to any airstrikes by the non-steathers.
I don't doubt that there is no good faith. That's rather the point. They can only be kept in line so long as the coalition can keep up the pressure and they keep getting their "tiny carrot." I don't doubt that the pressure will slack and we'll be right back here unless their program is dismantled, either voluntarily or by force.
Speaking of the Norks. Last I heard of that mess involved a draft accord in which Pyongyang had agreed to stop it's weapons program for(What else?) food and aid. Did they get through and just get shoved away because it's not news, or did it fall through?
Last I'd heard they had done enough work to potentially have ten to twenty missles. And all that the had negotiated, for however little their word is worth, was to stop doing anything more. So they're still a threat and can still resume their program.
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

Lord Stormbringer wrote:
Why should they suddenly 180 to success in Iran?
A far, far better track record at bombing things as opposed to dealing with isurgencies?
My first post in this thread was not a typing exercise, Stormbringer. It is there for a distinct reason: A bombing campaign will not resolve the problem.
And once again, most of those people have not been religious fanatics either. The fact that for most of that time nuclear weapons have been confined to stable, secular states who could rationally appreciate the consequences probably had more to do with it.

What you fail to provide evidence for is why a fundamentalist Islamic state would make a suitable addition to the nuclear powers club.
They could sit with Pakistan at the loser table.

You're shifting the burden of proof around, I see. But that's alright, because it's a strawman anyway: I've never said they'd be a good member, or that they should gain the weapons.

I realize you and yours can't seem to debate it with that knowledge; that is the only conclusion I can reach after several of these discussions, because they always turn back to this pathetic strawman that I'm somehow approving and supporting their entry! And so it is in any other debate.

Can those proposing military action learn to discuss matters without lying about the opposition's position? Hrm?
North Korea?!? :shock:

We knew they had a nuclear weapons for years before and repeatedly wasted time with negotiations that North Korea used purely to extort favors before just going ahead and making nukes anyway.

I fail to see what in that is different.
For one thing, they were refining in secret(Or so claimeth the knuckleheads of the media and current GOP), and confirmation came late. Now, if things were known about, maybe something should have been done.

Of course, the fact they've dropped off the radar as irrelevent again, testifies that things worked to some manner of satisfaction. Or that the current pack of bozos left the situation without resolution; a sign against wanting them to have anything to do with a second run!
Yeah because we really want Islamic fundamentalists with nuclear weapons to be faced with an revolution. That seems to, and maybe I'm crazy, be a situation in which the chances of some one using nuclear weapons go up by orders of magnitude.
Wow. You totally missed the bit where we've got years. Congratulations, Stormbringer: You're functionally illiterate.
As for the internal reform, lets be honest, people have been saying that Iran is going to reform and become more progressive for at least a decade. Guess what, they haven't yet made progress worth considering. So why should we constrain our present actions in favor of a revolution which may or may not occur in some murky future. That vague hope is nothing to base concrete foreign policy on when the alternatives are as dire as a nuclear armed Iran.
Hence why one should take actions to support and aid the reformers. It's not like the US never did that before.
Your phrase, not mine.

Me, I figure if it takes them three years and we don't deal with them, we're in going to be in a bad sitation. You talk about two or three years as if time is standing still. We've been dicking around with them since what, 2002 wasn't it? That suggests to me that your three years doesn't change the basic equation that unless stopped comprehensively then they will acquire nuclear weapons.
Congratulations. You correctly surmise that doing nothing will not work. Except it's not been doing nothing, has it? And that's not my position, is it? See above about lying please.

The 'dicking around' has kept them from advancing because they only just got the labels off the refining equipment. They could have done this at 2002.

One cannot play the waiting game forever, but I surmise that, if there had been no dicking around and Iran had just gone on it's merry way, they could(If we assume their program is competently run.. HAH!) have a nuke now, and everyone would be boned.
I don't doubt that there is no good faith. That's rather the point. They can only be kept in line so long as the coalition can keep up the pressure and they keep getting their "tiny carrot." I don't doubt that the pressure will slack and we'll be right back here unless their program is dismantled, either voluntarily or by force.
Except they will continue to rebuild it; it is the mullahs little prize. Ergo, removing the mullahs by pushing resources and assistance to reformers is the best option. Sooner the better, so it happens before there are nukes.

Of course, you decided that instead of discussing this like an adult, you would lie openly about what I'm saying and claim I want Iran in the nuclear club, and that I advocate doing nothing. I dislike liars, Stormbringer. Because spineless little turds who lie to my face are only one step removed from the worst of cowards, and those are people who prattle on behind someone's back.

Oh. Wait. YOu did that here too.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

Robert Walper wrote:
Ra wrote:Wee, Europe doesn't do everything the big bad US wants, so they deserve to die!
I don't believe that's what he's implying. Merely that Europe seems to take it's security for granted, and doesn't seem to do much from what I can tell.

As I see it, the US gets bitched out for dealing with threats in the region. But I have no doubt they'd get bitched out if they didn't do anything either.
Wow... you said something intelligent... :grin: :wink:

I didnt think you Kanuks had it in you
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
Lord Stormbringer
The Red Duke

My first post in this thread was not a typing exercise, Stormbringer. It is there for a distinct reason: A bombing campaign will not resolve the problem.
Wrecking the facilities that produce nuclear weapons will put an end to their ability to produce nuclear weapons. Your definition of failure seems primarily concerned with them not liking us, if that's the priority then you're right. If it's to destroy their capacity to build nuclear weapons, then you're not You acknowledge that we can indeed wreck their facilities. Which constitutes a success for a military strike.
You're shifting the burden of proof around, I see. But that's alright, because it's a strawman anyway: I've never said they'd be a good member, or that they should gain the weapons.
Once again, I will ask you for proof that negotiations and agreements are going to stop them. Is that truly beyond you?

As for any strawmen, you've continually pointed out reasons we shouldn't worry about Iran's nuclear ambitions. Pardon my if you're sending a seriously mixed message.
Can those proposing military action learn to discuss matters without lying about the opposition's position? Hrm?
And can you for once put forward a clear message? Hrm?
For one thing, they were refining in secret(Or so claimeth the knuckleheads of the media and current GOP), and confirmation came late. Now, if things were known about, maybe something should have been done.
They weren't. Or rather we were aware that they had the capacity and desire to. We had been haggling over their nuclear programs for I don't honestly know how long. It was going on for at least the majority of the Clinton Administration, perhaps even more.

The claim that we never saw it coming is only technically true. We simply assumed it was a way of extorting the usually round of pay-offs. So know one took it as seriously as we should have.
Of course, the fact they've dropped off the radar as irrelevent again, testifies that things worked to some manner of satisfaction. Or that the current pack of bozos left the situation without resolution; a sign against wanting them to have anything to do with a second run!
Not really. But we're unwilling, and thanks to their potential capability, are not able to do much. So naturally it gets ignored. There are the usual Hydra-headed talks but we can't really do anything less they nuke Japan or the West Coast.
Wow. You totally missed the bit where we've got years. Congratulations, Stormbringer: You're functionally illiterate.
You've missed the fact that those three years gives them time to harden their infrastructure, set up defenses, and of course the production time making for more to destroy should it come to that.

You've missed the fact that if we keep negotiating for three years, or perhaps even less, and they don't give up then we can't do anything about it. And of course we may well have less time if they only want a device or two to threaten a few key allies in blackmail.

You've missed the fact that the more progress they make, the harder it will be to convince them of international sincerity when it comes to denying them.

Time is not our friend because every bit of time makes it harder to do anything but talk. They don't take it seriously and international attention and pressure wanes. This is exactly the sort of ploy that wound North Korea up with the bomb. They kept breaking agreements until they had a couple of devices, at which point there was nothing we could do.

So again, I fail to see how it is we have three years to get jerked around. We've been down that road and it was a resounding failure.
Hence why one should take actions to support and aid the reformers. It's not like the US never did that before.
Except for the fact that we don't exactly have the contacts, we don't have willing allies in the political ranks, and frankly the "moderates" there don't have the backbone. The fact that the mullahs effortlessly plowed under the previous "reform" administration should tell you about how much public support there is for those moderates. So tell me, who is it we'll support? How do we get them support? What sort of backing will they really have?

So again, how can we count on political revolution changing the situation? Given the disasterous failue of "regime change" via the CIA in Iraq, do you really think Iran will go so much better?
Congratulations. You correctly surmise that doing nothing will not work. Except it's not been doing nothing, has it? And that's not my position, is it? See above about lying please.

The 'dicking around' has kept them from advancing because they only just got the labels off the refining equipment. They could have done this at 2002.
It delayed them long enough to get a hardline, old guard Revolutionary elected, I'll give you that.

The fact that they're hard at work again, despite promises to the contrary, suggests that it's only a question of when they get the bomb. All this did was delay them, not put an end to it. Negotiations, with no meaningful consequences for feet dragging, amounts to nothing. It's not stopping them and at best it's only a delay.
Except they will continue to rebuild it; it is the mullahs little prize. Ergo, removing the mullahs by pushing resources and assistance to reformers is the best option. Sooner the better, so it happens before there are nukes.
So what? Let them lord it over their ruined facilities. Let them blather and bleat. Unless they have teeth, they'll be the same nuts but essentially harmless category as Huge Chavez.

As for reform, you've taken that as talsiman. Unfortunately even after decades, the mullahs are still in control. The opposition can be effectively out lawed. And the "great hope" of Khameni is out of office in favor of a good little mullah-soldier. Depending upon revolution in Iran is a foolish thing to base policy on, particularly when nuclear weapons are involved.

As for us formenting one: I will point to the sterling example of Iraq as just how swimmingly that's likely to work. We've got exiles and disgraced blowhards from Iran. That's not the seeds of a meaningful reform.
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

You know, I rather specifically outlined where you lied about my position for a reason. Since you've demonstrated you feel no need to address your blatant dishonesty, there's no point to debating you. Oh, I'm sure you'll declare victory; those who lie about their opponent's positions are hardly above lying about the outcome of a debate.

But it is hilarious that, in the same post, you demand to know what diplomacy produced, while admitting it shoved the timetable back. Would you prefer Iran on the cusp of a nuke now, or when the American military and it's allies have had time to recover from Iraq? But it doesn't matter. You aren't going to shift. But I've shown the absurdity of your position. You think you can just wreck the facilities.. So what? They'll build new ones. Of course, you couldn't pass up that chance to lie about my position.. Again.

Bombing strikes should be kept on the table, as should invasion. They should, however, be the last option. Diplomacy has worked wonders thus far.

I will however, address one point. Because it's worth addressing for the philosophical point behind it. It's a delaying action. So is everything. In the end, humanity loses by every measuring stick. Even if we live to the end of time, the heat death'll get us or force us into some as-yet unforeseen form of stasis.

With that in mind, it's only a question of what we're delaying into. Delaying until the folks in charge drop dead of old age and the political situation changes would be nice, but I've repeatedly spoken of my solution.
Last edited by SirNitram on Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Lord Stormbringer
The Red Duke

SirNitram wrote:You know, I rather specifically outlined where you lied about my position for a reason. Since you've demonstrated you feel no need to address your blatant dishonesty, there's no point to debating you. Oh, I'm sure you'll declare victory; those who lie about their opponent's positions are hardly above lying about the outcome of a debate.
Nitram, I haven't bothered because your accusations aren't worth it.
SirNitram wrote:But it is hilarious that, in the same post, you demand to know what diplomacy produced, while admitting it shoved the timetable back.
Because delay is not a solution. What I am asking, and you seem determined to avoid, is how will diplomacy prevent Iran from ever obtaining a bomb? We tried negotiating with North Korea and while it did delay it, they wound up with enough of a nuclear program that they're now a nuclear power. How can that be prevented?

The rea questions are how can Iran's nuclear weapons program be permanently shut down? Just how can that be done by diplomatic means? And what are the realistic chances that will happen?

To be honest, I have no confidence that diplomacy will provide a lasting solution if Iran is really determined to acquire the bomb.
SirNitram wrote:Would you prefer Iran on the cusp of a nuke now, or when the American military and it's allies have had time to recover from Iraq?
I'd prefer Iran never get to the cusp. That's the point. We've tried that sort of brinksmanship before and it's backfired.
SirNitram wrote:Bombing strikes should be kept on the table, as should invasion. They should, however, be the last option. Diplomacy has worked wonders thus far.
Thank you for being clear about that.
SirNitram wrote:I will however, address one point. Because it's worth addressing for the philosophical point behind it. It's a delaying action. So is everything. In the end, humanity loses by every measuring stick. Even if we live to the end of time, the heat death'll get us or force us into some as-yet unforeseen form of stasis.
And I will reiterate that previous attempts at delaying actions via diplomacy alone have failed.
SirNitram wrote:With that in mind, it's only a question of what we're delaying into. Delaying until the folks in charge drop dead of old age and the political situation changes would be nice, but I've repeatedly spoken of my solution. I wonder if you can find it in amongst all the lies about my position you made..?
As far as I can tell, you believe that we should just keep stalling in hopes of an internal revolution overthrows the mullahs.

As far as I can tell, you believe that we should only act with force once Iran is on the very cusp of developing a full scale nuclear arsenal.

As far as I can tell, you believe that we should risk Iran gaining said nuclear aresenal to avoid creating undue resentment in Iran.

As far as I can tell, you believe that diplomacy should be continued whether real progress is made or not.

Am I wrong in any of that?
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

Lord Stormbringer wrote:
SirNitram wrote:You know, I rather specifically outlined where you lied about my position for a reason. Since you've demonstrated you feel no need to address your blatant dishonesty, there's no point to debating you. Oh, I'm sure you'll declare victory; those who lie about their opponent's positions are hardly above lying about the outcome of a debate.
Nitram, I haven't bothered because your accusations aren't worth it.
If you are unable to account for the glaring discrepency between what I say, and what you claim I say(Say, where you ask what makes Iran a good member of the Nuclear Club), then that's your problem, kiddo, not mine. I'm sure you'll try and claim some sort of higher moral ground, as you are with this little sentence, but it's all there in black and white.

And while I am withdrawing, this thread is being watched. Try to discuss like an adult, Stormbringer. I've never had to throw a thread from here to Down Below before. I would like to keep that, but open dishonesty from members is something I revile.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Lord Stormbringer
The Red Duke

SirNitram wrote:If you are unable to account for the glaring discrepency between what I say, and what you claim I say(Say, where you ask what makes Iran a good member of the Nuclear Club), then that's your problem, kiddo, not mine. I'm sure you'll try and claim some sort of higher moral ground, as you are with this little sentence, but it's all there in black and white.
Pardon me if your combination of belief that we should do nothing lest we offend Iranians, your attempts to say that Iran would never use nukes, and generally blasse attitude about previous failures (and the nation that got nukes as a result) had lead me to believe that you don't care if Iran gets nukes. I can't imagine how anyone could ever think that. :roll:
SirNitram wrote:And while I am withdrawing, this thread is being watched. Try to discuss like an adult, Stormbringer. I've never had to throw a thread from here to Down Below before. I would like to keep that, but open dishonesty from members is something I revile.
Threaten all you want; I really don't care. Where this thread winds up is of no concern to me at all.
Lord Stormbringer
The Red Duke

Lord Stormbringer wrote:
frigidmagi wrote:Stormy you gonna make with the link?
Hard to do since I don't have an SD.net account at the moment. Give me a bit of time, would you?
I never did find the quote, I found a number of quotes of it. But not the actual quote of it. I suspect it's in been removed to a non-veiwable forum.
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

Lord Stormbringer wrote:I never did find the quote, I found a number of quotes of it. But not the actual quote of it. I suspect it's in been removed to a non-veiwable forum.
A name or the quote. I have access to all forums on SDNet.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Lord Stormbringer
The Red Duke

SirNitram wrote:
Lord Stormbringer wrote:I never did find the quote, I found a number of quotes of it. But not the actual quote of it. I suspect it's in been removed to a non-veiwable forum.
Evil_cat4000 I think was the name. I know it was changed. The one about Allah proctecting Mecca from nukes. It was in one of Shep's Let's Nuke Mecca threads I think.
Ace Pace
Antisemetical Semite

Post by Ace Pace »

Lord Stormbringer wrote:
SirNitram wrote:
Evil_cat4000 I think was the name. I know it was changed. The one about Allah proctecting Mecca from nukes. It was in one of Shep's Let's Nuke Mecca threads I think.
Today the username is Saverok.
[img=left]http://www.libriumarcana.com/Uploads/Ace/acewip7.jpg[/img]Grand Dolphin Conspiracy
The twin cub, the Cyborg dolphin wolf.

Dorsk 81: this is why I support the separation of Aces eyebrow's, something that ugly should never be joined

Mayabird:You see what this place does to us? It's like how Eskimos have their 16 names for snow. We have to precisely define what shafting we're receiving.

"Do we think Israel would be nuts enough to go back into Lebanon with Olmert still in power and calling the shots? They could hook Sharon up to a heart monitor and interpret the blips and bleeps as "yes" and "no" and do better than that, both strategically and emotionally."
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

Lord Stormbringer wrote:Evil_cat4000 I think was the name. I know it was changed. The one about Allah proctecting Mecca from nukes. It was in one of Shep's Let's Nuke Mecca threads I think.
No such quote exists according to the search of the archives, including all forums, even where we toss stuff out of member's view.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Ace Pace
Antisemetical Semite

Post by Ace Pace »

SirNitram wrote:
Lord Stormbringer wrote:Evil_cat4000 I think was the name. I know it was changed. The one about Allah proctecting Mecca from nukes. It was in one of Shep's Let's Nuke Mecca threads I think.
No such quote exists according to the search of the archives, including all forums, even where we toss stuff out of member's view.
Are you sure? I've also seen it.
[img=left]http://www.libriumarcana.com/Uploads/Ace/acewip7.jpg[/img]Grand Dolphin Conspiracy

Dorsk 81: this is why I support the separation of Aces eyebrow's, something that ugly should never be joined

Mayabird:You see what this place does to us? It's like how Eskimos have their 16 names for snow. We have to precisely define what shafting we're receiving.

"Do we think Israel would be nuts enough to go back into Lebanon with Olmert still in power and calling the shots? They could hook Sharon up to a heart monitor and interpret the blips and bleeps as "yes" and "no" and do better than that, both strategically and emotionally."
Ace Pace
Antisemetical Semite

Post by Ace Pace »

Edit: I've found the quote, its slightly differant then I remember
DPDP wrote:

"Regarding nuking mecca it is a bad idea. Firstly no one can destroy mecca since it is guarded by angles."
- evilcat4000

He got himself a mention on FStDT for that.
I'll try to find the original post.

SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

Ace Pace wrote:Edit: I've found the quote, its slightly differant then I remember
DPDP wrote:

"Regarding nuking mecca it is a bad idea. Firstly no one can destroy mecca since it is guarded by angles."
- evilcat4000

He got himself a mention on FStDT for that.
I'll try to find the original post.
That brings it up.

Those dreaded angles will beat you every time, though. The US nuclear arsenal is no match for the power of geometry.
Half-Damned, All Hero.