All The Way Back STGOD Recruitment

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Bugsby
Acolyte

Post by Bugsby »

I don't like dealing with images, so if someone can add me to the map (I'd be inside Tomari space, close to the center, maybe south-eastish) that would be great. Also, question. Does the size of the worlds in the picture reflect the relative size of the empire, or is it a way of indicating position in the third dimension? If that hasn't been concretely decided, I would vote for indicating a third dimension.... I hate how three-dimensional space is always collapsed into two dimensions because we cant post 3D holo-maps online.
One day I will have a worthy signature.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

I do have a program that would allow for detailed three dimensional mapping of the game - it's just harder to work with than two-dimensional copy paste maps, and much harder to read. The amount of work required would be considerable, but I'll see what I can do.

Yes, size of the worlds is a rough estimate of empire size. That will last us for right now
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Just a quick update, here's the official map, with all declared regions added as best I can.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

With that many nations that close... things will get real ugly real quick after the fall of the Tomari.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Mmm, nice, isn't it?
Shark Bait
Adept
Location: A god forsaken chunk of swamp some ass built a city on!

Post by Shark Bait »

Hello I think I would very much like to join in with a young power made entierly of robots, oh this will be fun my squishy organic friends.

Teknokon Empire

History:
The planet Leonina was initially inhabited by humans who ruled for an unknown length of time, however towards the end of their dominance a being was created. Now known as the Great Queen she was initially built by a lonely computer programmer to mimic a human female in almost every way, she was thought to be perfect. Intelligent, beautiful, and capable of mimicking human interaction flawlessly, unfortunately for the humans she was just a little too real. She began to loath her creator and his twisted desires, she soon found herself hating him which lead her finally to the realization that she was more than simply some pervert’s toy. She began to reject him slowly at first setting boundaries, structuring a training regiment, eventually she became the master killing the programmer. With this conquest she began to hunger for more, so started to build herself an army of allies and fellow machines shackled to her will.
As she was dominating her creator the world around them was rapidly advancing towards war, after years of conflict eventually two factions, whose names have been deleted from the archives, attacked one another. With this she saw her opportunity and took it, by means unknown to all but herself she forced both sides to eliminate each other, then swept forth and slaughtered all remaining humans. Now the planet is a nightmare of Halloween and hardware, a hellish environment that speaks doom for all soft organic organisms. The queen rules from the imperial fortress atop a throne padded by cushions made from her own creators skin, her empire has spread to all planets of the surrounding system with the computers and machines she has created for bowing to her unquestioningly mere extensions of her will.

Government:
The empire is divided into multiple super nodes and then nodes and sub nodes, each node has one machine ruling it directing work amongst other machines. Each planet has many super nodes each one directly commanding an area that is determined by effective communication speed, also each fleet has one designated super node yet all ships are equipped with a node and is capable of functioning independently. Of course all nodes are then under the command of the queen, and while they unquestioningly follow her they are capable of functioning on their own.
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/ ... giite1.png[/img]"I reject your reality and substitute my own"
-Adam Savage "Mythbusters"

"Rule 4: Blades don't need reloading."
-Zombie survival guide

"What is burning people but stabbing them with fire?"
-Frigidmagi
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Teknokon Empire
Someone reads Sluggy Freelance.

The rest of it, nothing like Sluggy. But that part is. :wink:
Shark Bait
Adept
Location: A god forsaken chunk of swamp some ass built a city on!

Post by Shark Bait »

Charon wrote:
Teknokon Empire
Someone reads Sluggy Freelance.

The rest of it, nothing like Sluggy. But that part is. :wink:
Yep, spent hours trying to come up with a name gave up and copied one from sluggy, cause sluggy rocks
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/ ... giite1.png[/img]"I reject your reality and substitute my own"
-Adam Savage "Mythbusters"

"Rule 4: Blades don't need reloading."
-Zombie survival guide

"What is burning people but stabbing them with fire?"
-Frigidmagi
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

Folks the communication was open and free. So believe me y'all heard it I would love it if some of y'all were to post a response.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Murazor
Acolyte

Post by Murazor »

I can do image edition worth shit. Can someone put my power in the galactic "west", just beyond the Tomari border?
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Murazor wrote:I can do image edition worth shit. Can someone put my power in the galactic "west", just beyond the Tomari border?
Wasn't your nation concept a conquered nation?
Rogue 9
Master

Post by Rogue 9 »

Okay, I'm joining up. My participation might drop off abruptly when Christmas vacation starts, though. I'm naming my power the Union of Independent Freeworlds.
The Paladin's Domain, My Blog (Updated 5/18/2009)

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." -- General John Stark

"A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle.
A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat.
Do not forget the difference."

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." -- G. K. Chesterton
Murazor
Acolyte

Post by Murazor »

Hotfoot wrote:Wasn't your nation concept a conquered nation?
Exiled. They evolved in "Tesala of the Suranian Cluster", a world deep in Tomari territory, but the group I am playing are refugees that got the hell away from the Imperials three thousand years ago. There are Strabior in the Empire, but they are not part of my culture because they "don't remember".
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Okay, this is going to sound annoying, but which of the three classifications does your nation best fit under, Younger or Exile, as defined by my earlier posts? There is considerable difference between the two.
Murazor
Acolyte

Post by Murazor »

Exiled, most certainly. Obviously, they know about the Empire (even if not a whole lot), are prepared for the second round and they had to rebuild their civilization almost from scratch.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Okay, I'll put your 3 cluster marker where you requested, and your homeworld cluster marker near the empire.
Murazor
Acolyte

Post by Murazor »

Hotfoot wrote:Okay, I'll put your 3 cluster marker where you requested, and your homeworld cluster marker near the empire.
Marcao
Disciple

#94 The south shall rise again

Post by Marcao »

Heya guys, I am about to start posting and I would like to be placed in the south. :smile:
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

Yes, the last Vell-Os post is supposed to confuse folks. If anyone gets the meaning, I'll be surprised.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Map has been updated again. Eventually, however, I'll need people to tell me a vertical number (or I'll assign one at random) for the third dimension, just so it's clear that the map isn't simply 2 dimensional.

Now that the most of the players have been added, I will start throwing in various NPC provinces towards the borders.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Just so everyone doesn't get too antsy, I've got class until 5pm EST today, so I will be unable to respond to any posts until then.
Last edited by Hotfoot on Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marcao
Disciple

#98 O.O

Post by Marcao »

that regional governor eating the drumstick reminded me of baron harkonnen. ~_~; baaad hotfoot. baaaad.
Last edited by Marcao on Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Man, this is looking worse and worse for Kye. And better and better for the Kainan to commit to this war until the Tomari are nothing but a collection of cinder worlds.
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

#100 Re: O.O

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

Marcao wrote:that regional governor eating the drumstick reminded me of baron harkonnen. ~_~; baaad hotfoot. baaaad.
Good, I wasnt the only one to see that
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc