Need a new way to rest.

KoLA: Ask questions and seek answers for Kingdom of Loathing
Soontir948
Disciple

#1 Need a new way to rest.

Post by Soontir948 »

Sleeping in the campground is getting lame as I gain more max hp, the more useless it gets. Do I have to start drinking potions to replenish or is there a place where I can get more points back?
sketerpot
Acolyte

Post by sketerpot »

Right now I'm mostly depending on my Cocoabo to heal me up. Unfortunately this happens randomly and not as often as I'd like.
Josh
Resident of the Kingdom of Eternal Cockjobbery

Post by Josh »

Spoilers for the Pagoda quest

That's the best solution outside of chemical alternatives. Of the chemical solutions, I favor Phonics Down.

As you advance in level, resting in the campground gets less odious because you have so many friggin' adventures it isn't even funny. (I'm up to about a hundred and seventy a day now, and I could get more if I was willing to shell out for Bodyslams.)

That comes from the higher grades of booze and food. Speaking of which, I dumped a raft of Ducha De Oros and Calle De Mios in the clan stash. They're pricey on karma, but well worth it. I forget which does what, but one is good for Moxie and the other for Mysticality.
When the Frog God smiles, arm yourself.
"'Flammable' and 'inflammable' have the same meaning! This language is insane!"
GIVE ME COFFEE AND I WILL ALLOW YOU TO LIVE!- Frigid
"Ork 'as no automatic code o' survival. 'is partic'lar distinction from all udda livin' gits is tha necessity ta act inna face o' alternatives by means o' dakka."
I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain
The Dark
Apprentice

Post by The Dark »

I'm level 5 and getting 48 adventures per day right now (40 + 3 calendar +1 dead guy's watch +4 meat maid), plus about another 30 from food and booze (spooky mushrooms, rum, and miscellaneous others).

Having a tent or other shelter will really help. When I went from bare ground to a barskin tent, my HP gain went from 3 to 19 per rest.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Oh yes, definitely. Combine cottage cheese with anticheese to get a cottage ASAP.
"Ork 'as no automatic code o' survival. 'is partic'lar distinction from all udda livin' gits is tha necessity ta act inna face o' alternatives by means o' dakka."
Pure Sabacc
Imperious Underling

Post by Pure Sabacc »

The cottage really does help. Reduced my recovery time from 8 adventures to 3.
Mayabird
Leader of the Marching Band

Post by Mayabird »

Also, when you get a lot of money (or if you're a seal clubber and can make one) get a Chrome weapon (sword, staff, or crossbow). Just have it equiped over the daily changeover to get 3 extra turns per day.

The Strange Leaflet quest will also help with healing.
I :luv: DPDarkPrimus!

Storytime update 8/31: Frigidmagi might be amused by this one.
Josh

Post by Josh »

I'll manufacture chrome weapons for anybody who supplies me the components.
Nephtys
Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

I need one turn to go from empty to full. This is how, I'm a level 12 pastamancer, and I use a beanbag chair which restores 200 MP almost with a pagoda. With that, I can easilly cast 20MP for a full heal, or 6MP for mini heals. Compare that to a mere 75hp + 75mp I get from sleepign in a house.
"I like me"
sketerpot
Acolyte

Post by sketerpot »

Petrosjko wrote:I'll manufacture chrome weapons for anybody who supplies me the components.
Can you make me a chrome meat stack, oh great Seal Clubber? I'll stick a dense meat stack and some chrome ore in the clan stash.

Thanks!

Edit: I need it so I can make a shiny helmet turtle. Then once I get my moxie up a little bit, I can wear a shiny stats-boosting thing upon my turtle-taming pate.
Josh

Post by Josh »

sketerpot wrote:Can you make me a chrome meat stack, oh great Seal Clubber? I'll stick a dense meat stack and some chrome ore in the clan stash.

Thanks!

Edit: I need it so I can make a shiny helmet turtle. Then once I get my moxie up a little bit, I can wear a shiny stats-boosting thing upon my turtle-taming pate.
Not a problem.

For future reference, anybody who needs the work done, just ship me the items and let me know what you want.

If you need help acquiring the items, I'm also open to springing for components if necessary, depending on the cost.
wautd
Acolyte

Post by wautd »

The Dark wrote:I'm level 5 and getting 48 adventures per day right now (40 + 3 calendar +1 dead guy's watch +4 meat maid), plus about another 30 from food and booze (spooky mushrooms, rum, and miscellaneous others).

Having a tent or other shelter will really help. When I went from bare ground to a barskin tent, my HP gain went from 3 to 19 per rest.
where can you find a calendar?
Josh

Post by Josh »

wautd wrote:where can you find a calendar?
Clan item, we already have it.