adventure in the typical tavern today

KoLA: Ask questions and seek answers for Kingdom of Loathing
wautd
Acolyte

#1 adventure in the typical tavern today

Post by wautd »

I'm gaining massive stat boosts today. I think it has to do with St. Sneaky Pete's Day
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

what's your class?
Pure Sabacc
Imperious Underling

Post by Pure Sabacc »

Hmm, I did get a big stat bonus there (as a sauceror), but if you go, dont adventure there more than once. If you do, at least this happened to me, you'll end up loosing most of the stat you've gained, and a lot of meat.
Dartzap
Keeper of the Beer

Post by Dartzap »

Only if your stark raving Drunk :P
"Why hello! Could I intrest you in some giant bonsai trees?"

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Pure Sabacc wrote:Hmm, I did get a big stat bonus there (as a sauceror), but if you go, dont adventure there more than once. If you do, at least this happened to me, you'll end up loosing most of the stat you've gained, and a lot of meat.
You'll definitely lose a fair bit of meat, but I would say that you generally gain a lot more stats than you lose (unless you just happen to be unlucky).

Generally I'll adventure there until I get to around 10 drunkeness and then accumulate another 9 drunkenness on drinks for adventures.

St. Sneaky Pete day info:
http://www.subjunctive.net/kol/StSneakyPete.html
http://kol.coldfront.net/index.php/content/view/472/43/
http://kol.thraeryn.org/wiki/St._Sneaky_Pete%27s_Day
The Dark
Apprentice

Post by The Dark »

Whoa...yeah, I just gained 35 strengthliness from the Kegstand, and I'm level 5 :shock: . Definitely boosted today; I wish I hadn't drunk so much rum already, I'll only get in a couple adventures.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

At levels around 11, you can gain 250 to individual stats. True, you can lose as many as 50 points, but on average you should do well. Another bonus: the beer lenses, which can be made into beer goggles, which go for big bucks.

Just so you know, though, you do gain inebriety points. For the big gainer adventures, you gain 2 points, and for loser adventures you gain 1. Either way, they add up quickly. At the point where I am now (post-ascension) I need to get as many adventures in as possible, which make drinking booze to gain adventures and stats much more valuable. Mid-level and high levels, though, can definitely gain hugely from the Typical Tavern.
The Dark
Apprentice

Post by The Dark »

Speaking of which, why do the beer goggles sell for so much?
Mayabird
Leader of the Marching Band

Post by Mayabird »

The Dark wrote:Speaking of which, why do the beer goggles sell for so much?
It's for making a bartender-in-a-box, which makes drinks without you needing to use a turn.
<line 2>
I :luv: DPDarkPrimus!

Storytime update 8/31: Frigidmagi might be amused by this one.
Josh
Resident of the Kingdom of Eternal Cockjobbery

Post by Josh »

Mayabird wrote:
The Dark wrote:Speaking of which, why do the beer goggles sell for so much?
It's for making a bartender-in-a-box, which makes drinks without you needing to use a turn.
<line 2>
And it probably explodes after a while, like the Chef-in-a-box. But when my Chef-in-a-box exploded, all I needed was another Brainy Skull, because all the other components were salvagable.
When the Frog God smiles, arm yourself.
"'Flammable' and 'inflammable' have the same meaning! This language is insane!"
GIVE ME COFFEE AND I WILL ALLOW YOU TO LIVE!- Frigid
"Ork 'as no automatic code o' survival. 'is partic'lar distinction from all udda livin' gits is tha necessity ta act inna face o' alternatives by means o' dakka."
I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain
Soontir948
Disciple

Post by Soontir948 »

I lost a hundred meat and some points due to some stupid sorcerer but I immediately recovered with a bunch of points in the 30's! I finally got to level 5 and I can now go to the mall. Whoop!