Read about your sign much?

GH: General Discussion

Moderator: LadyTevar

Lindar
Adept

#1 Read about your sign much?

Post by Lindar »

http://www.californiapsychics.com/horos ... _love.aspx

I don't know about the rest of you, but genrally speaking (but not always) i find reading about the zodiac fun... this page is the one i ran into today that's amused me.

Impy:: I miss having you here....i miss my other half. *pokes* get bback here so we can work on splitting our "do's and don'ts" more evenly!
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/ ... rlysig.jpg[/img]
Terminally Flirtatious : Gotham Grrl : Imp-kin : Comm Major : NOT a Blonde : Empyrean Night~Good Friends don't let friends die
"Oh, pipe down! It's not like you've never been bound and gagged before." - Harley Quinn.
Pcm979
Adept

Post by Pcm979 »

Does The Onion's horoscope count? :grin:
"Are you trying to give me a spasm?" ~The Necrontyr Messenger
Surlethe
Initiate
Location: Putting off studying for finals ... even after finals are done

Post by Surlethe »

Nope. As a religious person, my life already has enough irrational beliefs in it without adding bullshit psychics or astrology. :wink:
--CoVD: Every time Vin Diesel kills God, a kitten masturbates.--
BANDWIDTH THIEF
"Forgive you?" Leto's voice was full of sweet reason. "Of course I forgive you. That is your God's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." ~Frank Herbert, God-Emperor of Dune
ACPATHNTDWATGODW
The Death Brigade
Lindar
Adept

Post by Lindar »

Surlethe wrote:Nope. As a religious person, my life already has enough irrational beliefs in it without adding bullshit psychics or astrology. :wink:
*tackles and mauls playfully* it's not BS... it's a very old and wide spread thing.

not to mention fun and interesting*razz*

and i guess the onion counts Pcm
Terminally Flirtatious : Gotham Grrl : Imp-kin : Comm Major : NOT a Blonde : Empyrean Night~Good Friends don't let friends die
"Oh, pipe down! It's not like you've never been bound and gagged before." - Harley Quinn.
Surlethe
Initiate

Post by Surlethe »

Lindar wrote:*tackles and mauls playfully* it's not BS... it's a very old and wide spread thing.
As if the two are mutually exclusive? :razz:
BANDWIDTH THIEF
"Forgive you?" Leto's voice was full of sweet reason. "Of course I forgive you. That is your God's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." ~Frank Herbert, God-Emperor of Dune
ACPATHNTDWATGODW
The Death Brigade
Lindar
Adept

Post by Lindar »

Surlethe wrote:
Lindar wrote:*tackles and mauls playfully* it's not BS... it's a very old and wide spread thing.
*shakes a fist under Surls nose*

I'll have you know... that astrology is useful for all sorts of stuff... BS isn't... unless you're playing DnD
Rogue 9
Master

Post by Rogue 9 »

Lindar wrote:
Surlethe wrote:Nope. As a religious person, my life already has enough irrational beliefs in it without adding bullshit psychics or astrology. :wink:
*tackles and mauls playfully* it's not BS... it's a very old and wide spread thing.

not to mention fun and interesting*razz*

and i guess the onion counts Pcm
It's very old and widespread BS. :razz:
The Paladin's Domain, My Blog (Updated 5/18/2009)

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." -- General John Stark

"A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle.
A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat.
Do not forget the difference."

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." -- G. K. Chesterton
Lindar
Adept

Post by Lindar »

Rogue 9 wrote: It's very old and widespread BS. :razz:
*grabs Rogues tongue, and some BS, and shoves it in his mouth* now Hun.... by now you ought to know better than to stick that out. Especially at me.

And It's not BS.
Pcm979
Adept

Post by Pcm979 »

*Sniffs* I smell an inconclusive debate forming on the horizon!
"Are you trying to give me a spasm?" ~The Necrontyr Messenger
Mayabird
Leader of the Marching Band

Post by Mayabird »

Pcm979 wrote:Does The Onion's horoscope count? :grin:
Of course it does! It's the most accurate of any of the horoscopes out there.
Libra: Your tactics of overwhelming your opposition with spectacular shows of force and choking the roads with fleeing refugees will be seen as inappropriate by the other electronics wholesalers.
:shock: How did they know?
I :luv: DPDarkPrimus!

Storytime update 8/31: Frigidmagi might be amused by this one.
Josh
Resident of the Kingdom of Eternal Cockjobbery

Post by Josh »

Mayabird wrote:
Libra: Your tactics of overwhelming your opposition with spectacular shows of force and choking the roads with fleeing refugees will be seen as inappropriate by the other electronics wholesalers.
:shock: How did they know?
That's it, I need to get the link again and start posting those once more.

That is soooooooo apropos.
When the Frog God smiles, arm yourself.
"'Flammable' and 'inflammable' have the same meaning! This language is insane!"
GIVE ME COFFEE AND I WILL ALLOW YOU TO LIVE!- Frigid
"Ork 'as no automatic code o' survival. 'is partic'lar distinction from all udda livin' gits is tha necessity ta act inna face o' alternatives by means o' dakka."
I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain
Narsil
Lord of Time

Post by Narsil »

I don't read into it...

At all.
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
Sick, Twisted Fuck

Post by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman »

Alright, just taking a peek into Lindar's page.

This is me:
SCORPIO is the most intense of the Water Signs. They may seem calm and placid on the surface, but you can be assured that there are strong emotions simmering just below the waterline, and they are often driven by these underlying emotions. Typically, Scorpios are very serious individuals who take their relationships just as serious, expecting complete, unequivocal loyalty. If you want to get anywhere with a Scorpio, do not cross them. If you do, it may take a lifetime for your Scorpio to forgive you, as they will never forget it. Scorpios have a tendency to be possessive, territorial and jealous. And because they do not usually reveal all that they are thinking, they can appear mysterious. Never one to naturally tip their hand, it takes extra effort to get into the head of your Scorpio. It takes time to develop a relationship with a Scorpio, but once you do, they can be one of the most intensely passionate lovers you will ever know because they aren't afraid to express their intense passion. Demonstrate to your Scorpio that he or she is your number one priority, and your Scorpio will be forever yours -- with a passion! Motto: Still waters run deep.

This is my ex:
AQUARIUS is the most unconventional of the Air Signs as well as one of the most unique and independent of the zodiac. Don't tell your Aquarius what to do or how to do it. They have their own way of doing things and no one can tell them otherwise. Commonly described as obstinate and unorthodox, the Aquarian delights in being different and going against the grain. They can stir up trouble just for the sake of it. Conspiracy theories, personal philosophies… Aquarians love their own groove/routine whether it makes sense to anyone else or not. Leave your Aquarian plenty of space to do his or her own thing and if you're understanding and accepting of their idiosyncrasies, as well as supportive of their causes and beliefs, you'll keep him or her happy. Aquarians are extremely social beings with lots of contacts. They can be spontaneous, stimulating and very interesting partners. Motto: Don't tread on me.
The Sick, Twisted Fuck | Sap #2 of the Bitter Trio | Knight of the e-mail | Evil Liberal Conspirator | Esoteric Order of Dagon | Weird TGODer

Share your free D&D character here.

:welcome :arrow: :sheepfucker: :thumbsup

So be it. If saying "NO" means being alone, then to hell with love, with romance, with marriage, and all the shit life keeps pumping at me. I'll walk alone, but with freedom and a healed pride.

NEVER buy a LiteOn CD/DVD Writer. Ever.
Stofsk
Secret Agent Man

Post by Stofsk »

Scorpio fits me like a glove.

Astrological fortunetelling is bullshit, but the 'personality traits' just seem to describe me - and others I know - so well.
Bratty
Disciple

Post by Bratty »

VIRGO is the most logical of the Earth Signs. They are not only analytical and rational but also everybody's biggest critic, so don't be surprised if they’re constantly critiquing you! On the upside, Virgo will work hard and examine all avenues in order to solve a problem. And while they may love to argue, they don't see it as a confrontation or attack but simply an exchange of ideas. Don't try to persuade a Virgo without grounding yourself in solid reasoning; it’ll never fly. Likewise, highly charged emotions or irrationality will cause your Virgo to lose patience quickly. What your Virgo requires is a lot of mental stimulation – intellectual conversation is their most exciting aphrodisiac, especially if they're learning something new. Motto: Stimulate the mind and the body will follow.
[/quote]
"She believed in nothing; only her skepticism kept her from being an atheist."

~Jean Paul Sartre, philosopher
zac naloen
Apprentice

Post by zac naloen »

I tend not to read horoscopes, but when i've read about my actual sign (aries) its freaking scary how much like it i am, even from a young age.
Member of the Unremarkables
Lindar
Adept

Post by Lindar »

zac naloen wrote:I tend not to read horoscopes, but when i've read about my actual sign (aries) its freaking scary how much like it i am, even from a young age.
Generally that's the most fascinating part. If you read enough about any of the signs attributes, you can people watch and basicly figure out what sign different people are. It used to be a fun sport, but i'm all out of practice because it's not exactly applicable to school ATM.

i've found good sources to read and bad ones. i actually purchased one book, Astrology and Other Occult Games by Margaret and Eve Ronan, that was horrible. It provided some thoughts on other topics, but it's astrology section was not very useful. It did introduce me to something new that i liked though. I Ching.

But if you want some good reading i suggest As Above, So Below by Alan Oken. It goes through some history, and provides interesting facts. It dissects each sign seperately...and if i remember correctly also some of the planetary attributes.
Last edited by Lindar on Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Surlethe
Initiate

Post by Surlethe »

Lindar wrote:
Surlethe wrote:
*shakes a fist under Surls nose*

I'll have you know... that astrology is useful for all sorts of stuff... BS isn't... unless you're playing DnD
No, it's not.
BANDWIDTH THIEF
ACPATHNTDWATGODW
The Death Brigade
Lindar
Adept

Post by Lindar »

Surlethe wrote:
No, it's not.
Yeah? I don't think Bs is very useful either.*grin*
Rogue 9
Master

Post by Rogue 9 »

Lindar wrote:
zac naloen wrote:I tend not to read horoscopes, but when i've read about my actual sign (aries) its freaking scary how much like it i am, even from a young age.
Generally that's the most fascinating part. If you read enough about any of the signs attributes, you can people watch and basicly figure out what sign different people are. It used to be a fun sport, but i'm all out of practice because it's not exactly applicable to school ATM.
Oh, bull. :roll: That's because they make the descriptions of the signs' "characteristics" so general that you can apply any of them to almost anyone. It's too vague to mean anything.
The Paladin's Domain, My Blog (Updated 5/18/2009)

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." -- General John Stark

"A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle.
A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat.
Do not forget the difference."

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." -- G. K. Chesterton
Lindar
Adept

Post by Lindar »

Rogue 9 wrote: Oh, bull. :roll: That's because they make the descriptions of the signs' "characteristics" so general that you can apply any of them to almost anyone. It's too vague to mean anything.
not really

try applying the qualities of a capricorns traits to a gemini. It don't exactly work that way. And ya end up with a much different person. Capricorns are supposed to become more, while the later is fine with what it's got.. more or less heh... i dunno am still half asleep... so i'll try to think of a better retort later tonight when am awake for real.
Bratty
Disciple

Post by Bratty »

No retort is needed, Lindar. Either people get it, or they don't.

Not everything in this world is explained conventionally.

I find the same thing you do. Although I find astronomy and tarot readings entertainment, the one thing that seems to actually have a ring of truth to it is how well the personality traits of the zodiac match up, especially when you get into it and begin to match up other factors - like the moonsign, etc.

It isnt that we believe this with undying loyalty or clarity, but it is more like, "Oh hey, isnt it wierd how this always matches up like this?" It is wierd. I don't believe in luck, frankly, so I happen to think it is not that likely to be coincidental.

But if someone doesn't understand that, that is cool. Thinking outside of convention is not something done by those that think subjectively, in Bryer-Miggs term.
Last edited by Bratty on Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"She believed in nothing; only her skepticism kept her from being an atheist."

~Jean Paul Sartre, philosopher
Lindar
Adept

Post by Lindar »

*snugs Bratty* Point. And i don't think i'm up to arguing with anyone about it. Cause it mostly entertainment... not a science anymore...
The Cleric
Thy Kingdom Come...

Post by The Cleric »

It's so bullshit. I mean, look at twins. Most of the time, they have entirely different personalities. Me and my uncle were born within 2 weeks of each other, and have no personality traits in common. It's pure bullshit.
Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river.

The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god.
Lindar
Adept

Post by Lindar »

The Cleric wrote:It's so bullshit. I mean, look at twins. Most of the time, they have entirely different personalities. Me and my uncle were born within 2 weeks of each other, and have no personality traits in common. It's pure bullshit.
different cycles. there's three cycles within each sign. *shrug* as well as possibilities of one of you landing within the cusp