Libarc Minecraft Server

C&T: Video Games, Table Top Games & Computerized Stuff
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

#1 Libarc Minecraft Server

Post by B4UTRUST »

For anyone interested in playing, I've got a small server (read: running off one of my personal computers) set up for survival multiplayer. Feel free to drop in and play. You can log on with a url now instead of IP(yay!) using mc.libriumarcana.com. You can also view a realtime map of our server here. Please note that port 8123 has to be used to view the map. Otherwise it sends you to the login for my router. And as much fun as it may be to have people trying to screw with my router, it's a fun I'm willing to sacrifice for the greater good. In this case the greater good being my continued ability to host the server and access the interwebs which are more or less the lifeblood that flows through my veins. Thank you for your cooperation.
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
GoingIncognito
Acolyte

#2 Re: Libarc Minecraft Server

Post by GoingIncognito »

I LIVE!
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#3 Re: Libarc Minecraft Server

Post by Dark Silver »

IT'S A PORKCHOP!

KILL IT KILL IT!!
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#4 Re: Libarc Minecraft Server

Post by Dark Silver »

Just FYI: Porkchop brought friends to the new SMP server.....

Also, the server is down for the night, due to power issues at B4's house.
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

#5 Re: Libarc Minecraft Server

Post by B4UTRUST »

server is restored following my power coming back on. Some idiot drive a car into a transformer. The power kind, not the awesome cybertronian kind.
GoingIncognito
Acolyte

#6 Re: Libarc Minecraft Server

Post by GoingIncognito »

Yeah, Valadon and Ratmak. Be gentle and say hi :P
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

#7 Re: Libarc Minecraft Server

Post by B4UTRUST »

I wish to address the scandalous rumors that have been going around here lately. Rumors that certain underwater laboratories may have been attacked by something resembling an ion cannon. These allegations are baseless and slanderous. A simple glance at the map of the world shows that the sealab domes are still intact and functional and there are no, I repeat absolutely no, signs of any damage from any sort of TNT and/or ion cannon based weapons.
Agent Fisher
Adept

#8 Re: Libarc Minecraft Server

Post by Agent Fisher »

The following is a Press Release from FICO, FIsher COmpany.
FICO would like to announce the opening of two new ventures.

The first is FPG, Fisher Proving Ground. FPG is dedicated to bettering our world by bettering our ability to kill our world. From swords and bows, to the latest R&D into cannons and explosive traps, you can trust FPG to keep you safe. FPG currently operates a site to the south of the Welcome Center, the FPG Blast Chamber, designed to test explosives on a variety of materials and check for blast wave propagation. The FPGBC is contained underground, with an obsidian layer protecting surface world from errant blasts.

The second venture is Fisher Deep Earth Mining, FDEM. FDEM exists to explore, map and exploit the massive number of caves, tunnels and underground chambers that riddle the crust of our planet. FDEM currently works hand in hand with FPGBC to test new methods of breaching underground systems and how to best extract the mineral wealth.
Mere hours after the announcement from FICO, FDEM published a Press Statement.
"And they call it a mine! A mine!"

We, at FDEM, are proud to announce the discovery of the Moria Mine network. Moria was found after tests from FPGBC breached the side wall of a tunnel, opening this as of then untouched treasure trove. FDEM Exploratory Team began it's work, using mirco-UAVs to drop small chemlight markers throughout the system, providing illumation for the FDEMET members to crawl the winding network. The system was rapidly mapped as the FDEMET used the lastest in FICO tech to complete their work. Once network had been thoroughly checked, it was time to begin exploiting. FDEMDT, the FDEM Demolition Team went to work.

"It is no mine, it is a tomb."

Tragedy struck a short time later. While in the process of setting and arming the blasting explosives, a freak detonation occurred. Caused by a nearby lava flow, a bundle of explosives intiated, starting a chain reaction. The workers scrambled to safetly. Thankfully, only 80% of the team was wiped out. FDEM sent in the UAVs again, finding that while there had been some loss, the job had largely been done, exposing vast amounts of diamonds, gold, iron and redstone ore. FDEM is certain that within days the Moria network can be made profitable with minimal effort.
Morpheus:I remember that I am here not because of the path that lies before me but because of the path that lies behind me.
Charon
No

#9 Re: Libarc Minecraft Server

Post by Charon »

Your real time map is not working.

You may see Machiavelli Industries rise again.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

#10 Re: Libarc Minecraft Server

Post by B4UTRUST »

Charon wrote:Your real time map is not working.

You may see Machiavelli Industries rise again.
Check again, I just checked it from my phone and my work laptop and both show it working
Charon
No

#11 Re: Libarc Minecraft Server

Post by Charon »

Hmmm. Must be an issue with my work's internet blocking it or something then. I'll try again when I get home.
Charon
No

#12 Re: Libarc Minecraft Server

Post by Charon »

B4 is henceforth no longer allowed to have cats.

Ever.

Again.
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

#13 Re: Libarc Minecraft Server

Post by B4UTRUST »

Yes, I admit the amount of felines that had taken up residence in and around the tower was a minor cat-astrophe but it could have been a lot worse...
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

#14 Re: Libarc Minecraft Server

Post by B4UTRUST »

Well, as of tonight the Wan Shi Tong library was 90% complete. It looked quite good. It was a bit too large to bury beneath the sands like I originally planned. However, due to our great friends over SteeleTech deciding to help out we successfully buried the Library. Then the server crashed. Something about 1.9million blocks of sand being spawned over the library and my poor poor computer is still having a good cry in the corner.

So, we've discovered a thing or two and new rules have resulted.
1) You do not spawn 1.9million blocks of sand anywhere. Ever. No exceptions. Period. Comma. Exclamation mark.
2) You do not spawn more than about 7000 blocks at one time period.
3) DS is going to be digging out my library when the server lag clears. If the server lag clears. And this will be done with a wooden shovel. By hand. Bastard...
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#15 Re: Libarc Minecraft Server

Post by Dark Silver »

If this had worked properly you would have been praising me as a genius.

A Genius I tell you!

-goes back to work with the shovel-
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

#16 Re: Libarc Minecraft Server

Post by B4UTRUST »

So, the guts of the library is finished. All that's left is the decorating. At this point the game calculates the total blocks at over 2.7million. Which is just fucking nuts... I'll post up pictures later
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#17 Re: Libarc Minecraft Server

Post by Dark Silver »

Server is down

I crashed it while test blasting near the Domes.
GoingIncognito
Acolyte

#18 Re: Libarc Minecraft Server

Post by GoingIncognito »

Still down after that unfortunate incident with TNT.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#19 Re: Libarc Minecraft Server

Post by Dark Silver »

No no, it was back up all of yesterday and Tuesday night.

This is a fresh server down......no idea why.

B4 moved the Server from his laptop to his Desktop, and we're apparently having a couple of issues with stability....

Which is a shame because I'll lose today's work on Project: Maximus
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

#20 Re: Libarc Minecraft Server

Post by B4UTRUST »

Apparently my ISP changed my IP address again or my router rebooted at some point. Not sure which. Either way, end result was my IP address changed and caused the server to be unreachable. I've updated the ip address to the domain registry so it should start working shortly.
GoingIncognito
Acolyte

#21 Re: Libarc Minecraft Server

Post by GoingIncognito »

The following Public Service Announcement is brought to you by the Lava Safety Association:

It's hot, it burns, and it spreads.

That is all.
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

#22 Re: Libarc Minecraft Server

Post by B4UTRUST »

The MC server will be down for part of today due to electrical work on the house. Namely for some brilliant reason the media closet that all the servers are wired on is the same one as my kitchen which I need to kill to rewire an outlet for the OTR microwave. Hopefully it'll be back up by tonight.
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

#23 Re: Libarc Minecraft Server

Post by B4UTRUST »

Server is back online. Due to my router being offline for several hours the IP released and updated. DNS is propagating with the new IP now. Mc.libarc should function shortly. Msg me directly if you want the direct IP in the meantime
Ratmak
Acolyte

#24 Re: Libarc Minecraft Server

Post by Ratmak »

Hey, this 1.3.1 stuff is really keen! Y'all should try it! :biggrin:
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#25 Re: Libarc Minecraft Server

Post by Dark Silver »

I would, but I'm at work!

Work means I'm on shitty satellite based interweb connection...which means I has extremely shitty ping times

which means I can't online game!