His Majesty's Dragons: World at War

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

#226 Re: His Majesty's Dragons: World at War

Post by General Havoc »

Cynical Cat wrote:Man you totally cheated me out of those Stuka captures. That Frostfell had no crew, had already tangled with a Jotunmeister and a Wendigo, and was outnumbered five to one by the Stukas shouldn't mean I should totally own all those medium weight special weapons dragons and take them prisoner. :cool:
Your arguments are compelling to me. I shall atone for my acts of GMic perfidy by presenting you with more Stukas to capture.
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

#227 Re: His Majesty's Dragons: World at War

Post by rhoenix »

General Havoc wrote:Your arguments are compelling to me. I shall atone for my acts of GMic perfidy by presenting DarkSilver's character with more Stukas to capture.
There, fixed that for you.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Charon
No

#228 Re: His Majesty's Dragons: World at War

Post by Charon »

General Havoc wrote:You know, the polite thing would be to save your complaints about how the evil GM has screwed you out of your proper victories via plot railroad until at least after the battle has actually ended.

Show of hands, veterans of the first game? How many of you were able to capture enemy special weapons dragons in the first two combat posts of the last game?
I should have at least captured Albatros, a Stuka, and a Leviathan.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

#229 Re: His Majesty's Dragons: World at War

Post by LadyTevar »

I am now afraid to go look in the thread. I was only gone two nights, guys!

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

#230 Re: His Majesty's Dragons: World at War

Post by LadyTevar »

Charon wrote:
General Havoc wrote:You know, the polite thing would be to save your complaints about how the evil GM has screwed you out of your proper victories via plot railroad until at least after the battle has actually ended.

Show of hands, veterans of the first game? How many of you were able to capture enemy special weapons dragons in the first two combat posts of the last game?
I should have at least captured Albatros, a Stuka, and a Leviathan.
Does it count that I helped capture a Aufseher in the SECOND combat? ;-D

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Charon
No

#231 Re: His Majesty's Dragons: World at War

Post by Charon »

Charon rolled 1d100 and got a total of 31:
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

#232 Re: His Majesty's Dragons: World at War

Post by frigidmagi »

Havoc, my boys had already moved out. I'm actually waiting for when I'm in range to act.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

#233 Re: His Majesty's Dragons: World at War

Post by Cynical Cat »

Dark Silver, there's a reason I used the word "kill" when talking about taking down the Nemesis.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#234 Re: His Majesty's Dragons: World at War

Post by Dark Silver »

You know...considering I wasn't complaining about "not being able to capture" the Nemesis, but merely pointing out that my end game still involved KILLING the thing...

You all read a lot of something into nothing. I wasn't complaining about the GM being evil and Unfair (really, how could someone who plays such a cute and lovable Autobot like Hornet be evil? He just can't.), merely pointing out that OOC, I know the Nemesis won't let itself be captured - they are evil big bastards who don't give two shits really about anything but power and the boarding crew IF they get on, will have to put a bullet in the bastards head - thus STILL getting a kill (if they survive).

If not, I'll have to find some other way to kill the bastard.

*I*, DS, know that about the Nemesis. That doesn't mean Roberts and Thundercracker knows those things. And thus, I played it as Roberts dictated it to me.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#235 Re: His Majesty's Dragons: World at War

Post by Dark Silver »

in hindsight, it might be confusion when I said capping, then capturing.

I meant "capping" in the "putting a bullet in it's head" sense, and not the capturing sense.
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
rhoenix

#236 Re: His Majesty's Dragons: World at War

Post by rhoenix »

Dark Silver wrote:in hindsight, it might be confusion when I said capping, then capturing.

I meant "capping" in the "putting a bullet in it's head" sense, and not the capturing sense.
Whew! Damn DS, you had me worried there for a minute.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

#237 Re: His Majesty's Dragons: World at War

Post by General Havoc »

You... are aware that dragons are bulletproof, right?

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#238 Re: His Majesty's Dragons: World at War

Post by Dark Silver »

...FINE

"capping" as in killing the thing dead in any damn way I can figure out to do so.

...what I wouldn't give for a pair of ramming horns right now...
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

#239 Re: His Majesty's Dragons: World at War

Post by Cynical Cat »

Dark Silver wrote:...FINE

"capping" as in killing the thing dead in any damn way I can figure out to do so.

...what I wouldn't give for a pair of ramming horns right now...
Yes, get close to the dragon that spits deadly venom instead of cooking it from range. Brilliant.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Charon
No

#240 Re: His Majesty's Dragons: World at War

Post by Charon »

Things I wanted to do with my post:

Shoryuken.

:biggrin:
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

#241 Re: His Majesty's Dragons: World at War

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

Charon... I want you to do something for me. I want you to count the boarding ramps onto the fail-train that are in your post.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

#242 Re: His Majesty's Dragons: World at War

Post by General Havoc »

Comrade Tortoise wrote:Charon... I want you to do something for me. I want you to count the boarding ramps onto the fail-train that are in your post.
Those who live in glass houses, gentlemen...

It is an extremely poor idea to use the OOC thread as a means of asserting your superiority of decision-making relative to the rest of the thread. One might construe such actions as tempting fate.

Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

#243 Re: His Majesty's Dragons: World at War

General Havoc wrote:
Comrade Tortoise wrote:Charon... I want you to do something for me. I want you to count the boarding ramps onto the fail-train that are in your post.
Those who live in glass houses, gentlemen...

It is an extremely poor idea to use the OOC thread as a means of asserting your superiority of decision-making relative to the rest of the thread. One might construe such actions as tempting fate.
Oh I am just giving him shit. :P

Besides, I happen to enjoy stone throwing. I find it theraputic.
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

JimmyTheCannon
Initiate

#244 Re: His Majesty's Dragons: World at War

Post by JimmyTheCannon »

Comrade Tortoise wrote:Besides, I happen to enjoy stone throwing. I find it theraputic.
Is it still therapeutic when you shatter the ceiling and are impaled with shards of glass?
LadyTevar: Remember the Animaniacs? Good Idea/Bad Idea? Guess which one you have
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

#245 Re: His Majesty's Dragons: World at War

JimmyTheCannon wrote:
Comrade Tortoise wrote:Besides, I happen to enjoy stone throwing. I find it theraputic.
Is it still therapeutic when you shatter the ceiling and are impaled with shards of glass?
I am a masochist (afterall, I willingly associate with all you people, and enjoy it.) and a self-loathing misanthrope. So Yes.

:razz:
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

dragnl0rd
Acolyte

#246 Re: His Majesty's Dragons: World at War

Post by dragnl0rd »

I must admit I'm a bit stumped as to the current situation. Alacritas has no wingblades, and is just as tired as the italian dragons who've been chasing his ass across the sea. Marcus has one full magazine stowed (which I think I've been incorrectly calling a clip in previous posts) maybe half to a third of a mag left in his weapon. Oh and his combat knife. I've got one idea made of 100% pure insanity, but if you guys had recommendations I'd love to hear them.
Comrade Tortoise: Shit is Becoming Properly Real.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#247 Re: His Majesty's Dragons: World at War

Post by Dark Silver »

....obviously you're new around here.

Insanity is our usual M.O. around these parts.
Charon
No

#248 Re: His Majesty's Dragons: World at War

Post by Charon »

Kunja once went into the sky against an entire German squadron with nothing but a harness, his captain, and a fully loaded paintball gun.

He got one capture from that encounter.

Go for it!
JimmyTheCannon
Initiate

#249 Re: His Majesty's Dragons: World at War

Post by JimmyTheCannon »

Mm. Insanity.
LadyTevar: Remember the Animaniacs? Good Idea/Bad Idea? Guess which one you have
rhoenix

#250 Re: His Majesty's Dragons: World at War

Post by rhoenix »

Franklin is headed along the path that will lead him to support Kunja, just FYI. When he gets there, he's going to pounce.

- William Gibson