Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

#51 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by rhoenix »

White Haven wrote:I take it by that map that Shep spared the Collector base?
No - she most definitely made it explode. I'm okay with it being there, because there's a long, slow, and rather expensive project of cleaning up the galactic core of all the shipwrecks going on, and that relay is a good marker for it.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

#52 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by SirNitram »

Gave it a nicely binary station.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.
rhoenix

#53 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by rhoenix »

Excellent. Alright - all issues are now resolved. I'll get the initial IC post done before I go to sleep this morning, so all your early-risers (or nightowls) will get first shot at it.

Please determine amongst yourselves whether you'll be boarding at Bastion Station, Earth, or Ilium.

EDIT: First game post is now up. Let it begin!
Last edited by rhoenix on Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Hotfoot

#54 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by Hotfoot »

Paragon: Dutifully move to the docking area with a somber, yet excited manner
Neutral/Sarcastic: Roll your eyes at the absurdity of it all and wonder what's the point when Shepard could just save the Galaxy as she goes to get milk each morning.
Renegade: Crack knuckles in anticipation of the soon to be record increase in fourth estate concussions in the near future.

Gamer: Spend 2 hours investigating every conversation option and searching every inch of deckplate for any discernible benefit.
White Haven
Disciple

#55 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by White Haven »

What order are those stops in? It rather matters for figuring out who should already be aboard versus who's light-years away. :)
ImageImageChronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring rhoenix
-'I need to hit the can, but if you wouldn't mind joining me for number two, I'd be grateful.'
Sabre72
Apprentice

#56 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by Sabre72 »

White Haven wrote:What order are those stops in? It rather matters for figuring out who should already be aboard versus who's light-years away. :)
bas
earth
illium

if i recall :P
rhoenix

#57 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by rhoenix »

White Haven wrote:What order are those stops in? It rather matters for figuring out who should already be aboard versus who's light-years away. :)
Sabre is correct - Bastion Station, Earth, and then Ilium.

- William Gibson

White Haven
Disciple

#58 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by White Haven »

Well then, if I'm not with the party yet, I might as well have some fun. :)
ImageImageChronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

-'I need to hit the can, but if you wouldn't mind joining me for number two, I'd be grateful.'
rhoenix

#59 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by rhoenix »

It's all in good fun. ;)

- William Gibson

Soleimon Berserker
Apprentice

#60 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by Soleimon Berserker »

Looks like i'm gonna be on the initial pick-up, hmmm.....I do believe I should go claim the starboard Observation deck!
rhoenix

#61 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by rhoenix »

Soleimon Berserker wrote:Looks like i'm gonna be on the initial pick-up, hmmm.....I do believe I should go claim the starboard Observation deck!
There will be a meeting first. After that, you get a bunk. ;)

- William Gibson

JD196
Apprentice

#62 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by JD196 »

I almost feel sorry for that reporter now. If only she had tried that xenophobic bull on Tallos, she would be regretting it then.
rhoenix

#63 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by rhoenix »

JD196 wrote:I almost feel sorry for that reporter now. If only she had tried that xenophobic bull on Tallos, she would be regretting it then.
She's arrogant, racist, speciesist, and thinks she's the only light of truth in the entire galaxy - but she's not dumb enough to irritate an armed krogan.

- William Gibson

rhoenix

#64 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by rhoenix »

However... she was dumb enough to annoy a quarian. Well played, Sol.

- William Gibson

Soleimon Berserker
Apprentice

#65 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

I try *Shrugs*

Anyway, what I do know is that Al Jilani isn't so xenophobic, let's just say she has an....appreciation, for the Asari form. Yep, the Shadow Broker has some interesting videos in his bases network.
White Haven
Disciple

#66 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by White Haven »

Iona: Who doesn't?
</asaripride>

Soleimon Berserker
Apprentice

#67 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Sol: This is true.

Yeah, most people like Asari, it's just funny how the reporter who seems to want to cause the most drama between humans and all the other races in the galaxy is in fact "cahoodling with the enemy", so to speak. Makes her little tirades on humanity seem much funnier when you know that little fact.
Agent Fisher
Adept

#68 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by Agent Fisher »

Sol, you gotta change your post, we're all going through one at a time, each person gets a hello from Shepard. Right now, it's Mikhail, and Kalis is waiting in the decon chamber.
Morpheus:I remember that I am here not because of the path that lies before me but because of the path that lies behind me.
Soleimon Berserker
Apprentice

#69 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Oh, sorry about that Fisher. I just kinda assumed it was time to move on. I'll edit mine up a bit.
rhoenix

#70 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by rhoenix »

At this point, each character will get a personal hello from Shep. Right now, we're waiting for CynCat to get off work and for his seething hatred of the entire world to recede, so he can post his response.

After that, it's Kalis, then the turian/human family, Many-As-One, Soleimon, Urdnot Tallos, and Corporal Lysander.

Once that's done, you'll all get the intro speech in the observation deck, and then you lot can do a bit of free interaction before the next stop.

EDIT: FYI, I've edited the skill list to include close-quarters combat as a general skill, as I'd forgotten to include it until it was brought up. For those of you who don't have it now, you'll be able to purchase it when I distribute XP after a few missions.

XP in this game will be similar to Mass Effect 2 - an XP point allows you to either purchase a new skill from the list of skills your MOS allows, or improve a skill you already have by one step, to a maximum of four bonus steps, each with increasing effectiveness.

- William Gibson

Marcao
Disciple

#71 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by Marcao »

Sorry guys, wanted to post tonight but I hit a block. Will do so tomorrow. :(
The Peddler of Half Truths.
"Not OP, therefore weakest." - Cynical Cat (May 2016)
"A dog doesn’t need to show his teeth as long as his growl’s deep enough, his food bowl is full and he knows where all the bones are buried." - Frank Underwood
rhoenix

#72 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by rhoenix »

Marcao wrote:Sorry guys, wanted to post tonight but I hit a block. Will do so tomorrow. :(
No worries man, we're still going through the order here, to give you (and Havoc) time to catch up.

Many-As-One, your turn to meet Shepard and make it into the ship - and after you, Soleimon, Urdnot Tallos, Corporal Lysander, Shaddai, and Gabriel Cipriani.

- William Gibson

rhoenix

#73 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by rhoenix »

Ok - Sol, your character's next, unless you want to carry on the conversation with Shaddai a bit longer. If so, no worries, the ships' about half-done boarding at this point.

If you want to talk for a bit, then our rather uncharacteristically quiet krogan friend Urdnot Tallos is next.

- William Gibson

Soleimon Berserker
Apprentice

#74 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

I do believe i'll move along, there's always time to have random boy and his Geth moments. :)
rhoenix

#75 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by rhoenix »

Soleimon Berserker wrote:I do believe i'll move along, there's always time to have random boy and his Geth moments. :)
Fair enough - your turn through the airlock with you to meet Shepard, then!

- William Gibson