The Glitch V: Taste of Fear...

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

-pokes repeatedly-

Post damn you all!
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

I did! I even gave the others an idea of what to do!
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

I have to wait for my elders

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Fisher....B4...

I need postings.

Your making the game stifle and die. This is un-fun things.
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Thank you for posting Fisher.

Look guys even in Old Town he can't be doing just anywhere. That many people being locked up securely have special requirements. For him to be "anywhere" in old town requires all the apartment buildings to have 10 foot thick walls with palace like dwellings between them and water and power that never fail. Also keep in mind it's place he has to get his captives to and out of without being seen.

We're talking completely abandoned buildings with active owners, old power plants, sewage plants, a factory, places that are considered haunted or vastly unsafe so no one goes near them after dark, not even the average gang banger. That kinda place. Is there a stretch of neighborhoods like Detroit where the buildings are all empty? An industrial park that was shut down? A place that was marked off for future development?
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

oh, I'm pretty sure that covers portions of Old Town....the vast majority of Old Town are the "lower classes", those who can't afford or fit in with the glitteriness of the Megatropolis, and some various sections of Old Town are in disuse.

Old Town is also seperated into various districts (see the last short story I posted in the Fiction forum) - Such as Royal Square (Now the Piedmon District), Downtown (the best "maintained" area of Old Town), Northside, Burnsly Square, the Docks, the Industrial District.....

and we have a map....maybe I should get to demarking the various districts on it...
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Arrggghhh why can't I sleep? I've been up for 17 hours now.

Look DS, he can't even hide in the lower classes area. The Shadow Don would hear about it because word would spread about that looney in Apartment 3A who EATS PEOPLE AND KEEPS A BUNCH OF THEM LOCKED UP AS CATTLE! This isn't something even "the lower classes" normally accept in a community. If the cops won't help them, they'll go to the Shadow Don or someone who will. So this guy can't be somewhere with neighbors who would know about this, unless he has a cult enclave, which in and of itself requires alot of space and could be found.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

I'm not SUPPOSSED to be helpful by giving you exactly the areas where they are, but I can give you info Frigid. Being the GM, I know exactly where he is, and i know what part of town is best to find him in - I actually know the area you should look in.

But I can't outright tell you, or tell you if your hunches are right. Only thing I can do, is give you the map I'm working on editing, to show you the various "districts" of Old Town, so you can make a better, Educated guess.

makes sense yes? Though, you do propose some very interesting tidbits in your reply, maybe they should be better worked through....
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Because I love all of you so very much.....

Poe's copy of the District Map of Old town, updated by his own hand, for the most part, to let the city be a little more authentic of what it is now a days.

Yes, that is a Bellpepper over the island that has all it's roads cut off from the city proper. Yes the island is highlighted in black.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

uhhh.... what is the Bellpepper for, and what's on that Island?

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

It's where we go first.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

because this is Poe's version of the District Map, I'll let him tell you what the Bellpepper is for.

Also

The Districts of Old Town:

:Industrial and Dock District:
exactly what they sound like. The area where factories, warehouses, and slaughterhouses exists. Many are run down and abandoned, a good portion are still functional.

:Piedmon District: (marked with the Bellpepper)
Formerly the Royal District when Old Town was the whole of the Crystal City (before the rise of the Megatrpolis), with the Crystal Palace at it's center. When the Megatropolis appeared, and the Council and the "movers and shakers" left, and the criminals and gangs move in, the Crime Lord Piedmon took control of the district, and put his own name to it. When Piedmon mysteriously disappeared, his gangs dispersed amongst the remaining Crime Lords - a pall was lifted from the District, leaving it and the Downtown District as the shining jewels of a damaged Old Town.

.:Downtown:.
The main business hub of Old Town, where the vast majority of those who still seek to eek out a respectable life in the dying cityscape live.

:Burnsley Square:
Once vast streches of middle-class housing, Burnsley Square is now mainly run down apartments and housing. Gangs roam freely here, and violence is often the course. Some few hardened people still attempt to call the Square their home.

:Northside:
Bordering the Megatropolis, the seperator between the glittering new and the dying old sections of the Crystal City, Northside stands only slightly better than the rest of Old Town, in that much of the Megatropolis' spillover happens here.

:The "Red" District:
If it's to be bought, it could probably be found within the Red District. Slaves, Technology, Magic - not all of it properly legal, can be purchased, for a price, from the mysterious Crime Lord who rules this district.

:Immigrant Alley and Suicide Slums:
Those who can't make it elsewhere in even Old Town, can be found here. Tent Cities, homelessness, squatters, roving gangs of hoodlums, all roam the streets. Crime is everywhere, and the law of the land here is truly Survival of the Fittest.

:Koopa Quarter:
Annexed by the Koopa Empire shortly after Old Town completed it's "Transfer" from the heart of the Crystal City - all within swear fealty to the Koopa King...despite the fact he has not been seen in a long time.

:The Scar:
Once a prime vacation spot, the island now known as The Scar is the Beginning of the End for Old Town. It marks the first portion of the township that began to De-Res, and the only portion that could not be saved. The landscape is bleak and desolate - a ruined cityscape cast in shades of gray and black, temporal and spatial anomalies are abound throughout the Scar. All access to it was destroyed in the year 13 After Reckoning (two years prior to the game time). Those in the surrounding districts watch, and wait, for the day the Scar begins to spread out, to consume the rest of Old Town.
Last edited by Dark Silver on Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

So nobody else is going to react to "Surprise there's a dude in the office"? Then I'll get to work on my next post.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

My character is frankly overwhelmed and is unable to register surprise anymore. If Dumbo paint pink and green came up to sell him peanuts, he would be drained to do anything but go with it.

I mean think of it, in a single day he's gone from normal earth to Undead Knights, laser spitting robots, real video game characters and derezzing as a potential threat. The Don suddenly showing up is small potatoes.
Agent Fisher
Adept

Post by Agent Fisher »

I'm going to post, just not today. Sorry I haven't been keeping up lately, my little brother is home on leave from germany and we've been hanging out. He leaves tomorrow, so tomorrow night, I'll have a post.
Morpheus:I remember that I am here not because of the path that lies before me but because of the path that lies behind me.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

-looks at the others-

We still play the waiting game...
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

I'm giving those of you who haven't posted, 48 hours, before I move this game along again.

Seriously folks, this is getting ridiculous.