STGOD 2 OOC

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Steve
Master

Post by Steve »

DarkSilver, you can't have Guard units in the reserve. They are always standing formations.

Also, your Active and Ready Reserve units cannot exceed 40% of your Army points. You are Army 4, at 3,000 Army Points, your caps are 1,200 points of Active forces and 1,200 of Ready Reserve.
Last edited by Steve on Wed May 26, 2010 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chatniks on the (nonexistant) risks of the Large Hadron Collector:
"The chance of Shep talking his way into the control room for an ICBM is probably higher than that." - Seth
"Come on, who wouldn't trade a few dozen square miles of French countryside for Warp 3.5?" - Marina
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

I'll fix.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Hadrianvs
Initiate

Post by Hadrianvs »

Turns out that building a nation using a backstory you know next to nothing about is really, really hard. After days of research and agonizing over trivial decisions, I have the basic rubric of the Mongol Khaganate done. All that's left is buying an army and a coastal defense force. I already know what I want to do with my money and industry.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

If you're still looking to pick up information on the Mongols, I'd suggest Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World by Jack Weatherford. I thought it was a pretty good book and has plenty of information on the Mongols.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
Simon_Jester
Acolyte

Post by Simon_Jester »

Well, if the Bourbons aren't ready, I'll miss them, but if I have to I can rewrite my backstory around their absence.
Charon wrote:If you're still looking to pick up information on the Mongols, I'd suggest Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World by Jack Weatherford. I thought it was a pretty good book and has plenty of information on the Mongols.
I think she means the time between the days of the early Mongol conquests in the 1200s and the present. For the Golden Horde to have become such a dominant feudal empire in western Asia, you'd need a point of departure some time before 1450 (by which time the Golden Horde was already starting to crumble and the Muscovites were on the rise), and possibly as early as the late 13th century.

That's a big gap in the backstory to fill in, much more so than the gap for my China, which has a point of departure of around 1830-55, and no truly relevant divergences from history until 1860-65 or so.
Hadrianvs
Initiate

Post by Hadrianvs »

The point of departure is the 1340s. Historically the Golden Horde's power peaked during the reign of Uzbeg (after whom the Uzbeks are named). Uzbeg's third son, Jani Beg, murdered his two older brothers to seize the throne, which set off a chain of events that severely weakened the Golden Horde. In my timeline Jani Beg's trachery is discovered by Khan Tini Beg. This sparks a devastating civil war, which Tini Beg wins. Therefore murdering the Khan does not become an acceptable way to move up the line of succession. Then in the 1380s and '90s the more united Golden Horde is able to defeat the incursions of Timur the Great, albeit at great cost. Its heartland is thus not devastated nor its trade lanes disrupted.
Last edited by Hadrianvs on Fri May 28, 2010 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hadrianvs
Initiate

Post by Hadrianvs »

I have implemented the crash industrialization program to end all crash industrialization programs. :grin:
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Damn, and I thought the Panama Canal was a big project.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
Simon_Jester
Acolyte

Post by Simon_Jester »

Hadrianvs wrote:I have implemented the crash industrialization program to end all crash industrialization programs. :grin:
:shock:

Oh sweet merciful yompin yiminy.

[reviews plans to build Hindenberg Line clear across the entire width of the Gansu Corridor]
Hadrianvs
Initiate

Post by Hadrianvs »

General Havoc, the points you have spent on active forces add up to 1412 points. You are 12 points over.
Steve
Master

Post by Steve »

Uh, hello? We've been in Quarter 2 1910 for almost a week now....
"The chance of Shep talking his way into the control room for an ICBM is probably higher than that." - Seth
"Come on, who wouldn't trade a few dozen square miles of French countryside for Warp 3.5?" - Marina
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

I'm sorry Steve, I got distracted. But is it already April in the game?
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Steve
Master

Post by Steve »

Yeah, turned that way last Saturday by my original timescale, though I don't mind giving an extra week so everyone can catch up.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

hey hey hey

I turned in my budgets last week >.<
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.