STGOD! OOC Thread.

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Hadrianvs wrote:
Cynical Cat wrote:That's because the British liked the Monroe Doctrine because it froze other European powers (but not the British) out of the New World. Hardly shocking the British were in favor of something that they felt served their interests. If things had gone a little different the Doctrine would have been a joint American-British declaration.
The more relevant point is that without the Royal Navy the Monroe Doctrine would have been an utterly toothless declaration. The United States had no capacity to enforce it until the 1880s or 1890s, which I happen to think is amusing.
It's one and the same. The Doctrine had teeth because the British Empire was behind it and the British Empire was behind it because it served their interests.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

Gentlemen it's Friday, I expect to see some posts on the events rolled by Sunday night or I'm doing it. :twisted:
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

frigidmagi wrote:Gentlemen it's Friday, I expect to see some posts on the events rolled by Sunday night or I'm doing it. :twisted:
As you command, so will it be.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Since it is more common for people to check this forum than Down Below, I may be delayed in posting for the immediate future, until I get back from a doctor-ordered trip to the ER. I doubt it's anything life-threatening, but my fever took a turn for the worse.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Hotfoot wrote:Since it is more common for people to check this forum than Down Below, I may be delayed in posting for the immediate future, until I get back from a doctor-ordered trip to the ER. I doubt it's anything life-threatening, but my fever took a turn for the worse.
You are hereby ordered to make a quick and full recovery.
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Cynical Cat wrote:
Hotfoot wrote:Since it is more common for people to check this forum than Down Below, I may be delayed in posting for the immediate future, until I get back from a doctor-ordered trip to the ER. I doubt it's anything life-threatening, but my fever took a turn for the worse.
You are hereby ordered to make a quick and full recovery.
Consider those orders made official, and signed in triplicate.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

I'll see what I can do, but no promises.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Havoc did you post for your event yet? I have not yet seen it.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
The Cleric
Thy Kingdom Come...

Post by The Cleric »

Slid off the highway Saturday night in the snow and smacked the guardrail. Whipped my neck and popped a valium last night for it, and it knocked me right out. I'll post up when I get home from work tonight. Sorry for the delay :/.
Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river.

The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

The Cleric wrote:Slid off the highway Saturday night in the snow and smacked the guardrail. Whipped my neck and popped a valium last night for it, and it knocked me right out. I'll post up when I get home from work tonight. Sorry for the delay :/.
Sorry to hear that.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Just to be sure I did some digging and found Havoc's event post. For future reference guys, make your event posts something I can see and find quickly don't bury them cause then I might miss them. Which would lead to me doing things no one would like.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

Hehe, sorry Frigid, I had a lot to go over. I'm gonna throw up a recap post in non-narrative form this afternoon.
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

I have edited the 1st page of the game thread to include a war scorecard (telling you who is on what side in a given war, I also listed the neutrals in the European war) and a calendar that will tell you when events are gonna be rolled and when your build orders are due. Full credit for this idea goes to Cleric and Slacker. I owe them both a coke or something for taking so long to do it.

Havoc, Cat please wait until I get home and actually post the in game Spanish declaration of war before acting. Once the intial actions of Spain are posted control of the Spanish forces will pass from me to the Axis members (read, Cleric and CT) within reason. I will step in if they start using the Spanish as cheap cannon fodder or abandon Spain to protect themselves using Spanish troops. Enjoy the new wrinkle guys.

Lonestar, I've seen all of one post from you. You were suppose to be posting once a week. If you do not post this week, you're out of the game. Klavo I want to see a post from you as well.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

Well...

There goes my entire battleplan. Time to revise...

Frigid, the Spanish OOB does not include any actual deployments. How are we to assume that the Spanish army, navy, and air force is deployed, given that there's been no explicit movement to date?
Last edited by General Havoc on Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Are you kidding? I've had deployments on that thing for over a week now. Best check again buddy.

Actually I do need to put up the reserves. I'm working on that now (magi has many windows open).
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Is anyone handling the Pacifican War? Because I'll step up to the plate if everyone has too much on their hands.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Last I heard Charon and Marcoa had plans.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

frigidmagi wrote:Last I heard Charon and Marcoa had plans.
I know Marcoa has recused himself from it on the grounds of being Hotfoot's roommate. Charon hasn't posted anything since last week. And I know frigid is way too busy.

So, being an alternate mod, I'm going to grab this unless there are objections.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Having being confirmed in my mod hood by the Icy One I will now begin with my tyrannical demands

1) Respect ma authoritae! :wink:

2) Clearly list what you're attacking with either in the attack post, in another post, or in a separate post in OOC. Even if its crystal clear somewhere in your OOB, copy-paste and repost the relevant parts. Remember I have hunt through Steve's OOB on this.

3) Please do 2) ASAP.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Okay, here's the concise version of my attack:

7 bomber groups doing night raids on military bases around Flagstaff

3 bomber groups doing a night raid on the IX corps in Utah

The attack on Flagstaff's military bases is made up of these forces:

121st, 122nd, 123rd, and 124th Motorized Divisions with direct support from 151st-155th Light Tank Divisions, followed by 181st-185th Heavy Tank Divisions should the frontline troops get bogged down.

All air groups are available for calling on air support should it be needed.

Forces listed here.

Edit: The 2nd fleet is hitting LA, the 3rd Fleet is hitting San Diego/Tijuana/La Paz. The 4th fleet is not engaging currently.
Last edited by Hotfoot on Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

If anyone feels the butcher's bill is inappropriate, this time you may appeal.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

It's been nearly a week since I posted my last attacks. *pokes and nudges* Response please.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

CT you do need to post.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

I will be posting my reaction to Spain's assaults and the like tonight if possible.

frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

I'd also like to remind everyone their build orders are due by Sunday night. If you don't turn one in, your industries just sat there looking pretty.