Anyone Interested in Rogue Trader?

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Cpl Kendall
Disciple

Post by Cpl Kendall »

Oh FFS. OK, I'll fix that.
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Dark Foreboding effect added for Rite of Sanctioning, and I've added the Shield Generator for items equipped.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

You have to specify what kind of shield generator Windswept. Refractor Field or Conversion Field (aka Iron Halo or Rosarius).
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Shield generator will be the Rosarius type.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
White Haven
Disciple

Post by White Haven »

Alright, I'm gonna stand pat with my rolled characteristics. Death to the point-buy oppressors!
Last edited by White Haven on Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageChronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring rhoenix
-'I need to hit the can, but if you wouldn't mind joining me for number two, I'd be grateful.'
Karrick
Initiate

Post by Karrick »

Would I have heard any sort of rumors concerning whats up as seneschal?

Additionally, some backstory:
Valther Undyne started his career with the great and noble house of Kaltos early in life. Son of a minor merchant, he quickly showed his ability with finance and the art of the sell. He quickly outstripped his peers and caught the eye of his superiors. He moved from selling directly to analysis, where he pushed just the right information to just the right people. His ability to find out things other people didn’t want him to know played a small but instrumental role in House Kaltos’ takeover of a long-time rival. Valther was noticed again, and drafted into House Kaltos’ espionage division. In the years that followed he found himself deeply involved in numerous shadow wars, and proved adept at field work as well as analysis. While his attention was elsewhere, one of Kaltos’ trusted allies turned on them and assassinated virtually all of the house leadership in one blow. With the house disintegrating around him, Undyne thought it best to disappear. What better way to do that than hire on with a Rogue Trader?
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Karrick wrote:Would I have heard any sort of rumors concerning whats up as seneschal?
Nope. You're Revian's senseschal, not Umbrias's.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
fgalkin
Initiate

Post by fgalkin »

Aren't astropaths supposed to be blind?

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Cpl Kendall
Disciple

Post by Cpl Kendall »

fgalkin wrote:Aren't astropaths supposed to be blind?

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Usually. I recall a few in the novels that aren't.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

I'll err on the side of caution about this. After speaking to Academia Nut about this, Magnus now has steel replacement eyes.

- William Gibson

fgalkin
Initiate

Post by fgalkin »

From what I understand it's the actual optical nerves in the brain burning out from seing the Emperor's power. But some do see via psychic means.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

fgalkin wrote:From what I understand it's the actual optical nerves in the brain burning out from seing the Emperor's power. But some do see via psychic means.
That's similar to what I've read and heard from others now, but I'll still play it safe until I get a better feel for them. After all, one should have a damn good reason to not have eyes at all, psychic compensation or no.

- William Gibson

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

The optic nerves burn out. Astropaths can psychically sense their surroundings and "see" that way. They can also get cybernetic eyes to restore their vision, but you opted to get a shield generator instead.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Cynical Cat wrote:The optic nerves burn out. Astropaths can psychically sense their surroundings and "see" that way. They can also get cybernetic eyes to restore their vision, but you opted to get a shield generator instead.
Okay, empty sockets it is.

- William Gibson

Karrick
Initiate

Post by Karrick »

I thought the eyeballs actually burst in addition to the optic nerve burning out. I've never heard of an astropath who had natural working eyes, though.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Karrick wrote:I thought the eyeballs actually burst in addition to the optic nerve burning out. I've never heard of an astropath who had natural working eyes, though.
The eyeballs go as well, but the point is the whole optic nerve goes as well. Not just the eyes.
fgalkin
Initiate

Post by fgalkin »

In case you're wondering, Berenice is actually being very nice for a navigator. :grin:

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Last edited by fgalkin on Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cpl Kendall
Disciple

Post by Cpl Kendall »

Yeah, their usually complete cunts. The ones in the Space Wolf saga (the ones Ragnar works for) are pretty decent though.
Someshta
Acolyte

Post by Someshta »

Hey all, I'd love to join in on the 40k fun and I've brought my recently minted astropath Goodwinne for inspection.

Characteristics
Weapon Skill: 32
Ballistic Skill: 40
Strength: 30
Toughness: 25
Agility: 30
Intelligence: 40
Perception: 40
Willpower: 56
Fellowship: 45

Wounds: 9
Fate: 3
Insanity: 2
Corruption: 0

Skills
Speak Language (Hive Dialect, High Gothic, Low Gothic) (Int)
Awareness (Per)
Common Lore (Adeptus Astra Telepathica) (Int)
Forbidden Lore (Psykers +10, Warp) (Int)
Invocation (WP)
Psyniscience (Per)
Scholastic Lore (Cryptology) (Int)

Talents
Accustomed to Crowds
Caves of Steel
Hivebound
Wary
Armor of Contempt
Resistance (Fear)
Pistol Weapon Training (Universal)
Heightened Senses Sound
Psy Rating 2

Origin Story
Homeworld: Hive
Birthright: Child of the Creed (+3 Will, -3 Wpn)
Lure of the Void: Duty Bound (Duty to the Throne)
Trials and Travails: Dark Voyage
Motivation: Pride (Heirloom: Ancestral Seal)
Career: Astropath Transcendent

Equipment
Best Craftsmanship Las Pistol Silenced
Common Craftsmanship Shock Staff
Guard Flak Armor
Charm
Microbead
Psy Focus
Good Craftsmanship Ceres Pattern Bolt Pistol
Frag Grenades
Smoke Grenades
Medkit

Advances
Willpower +5 (100)
Psychic Technique (100)
Forbidden Lore (Warp) (100)
Ciphers (Astropath Sign) (100)
Secret Tongue (Rogue Trader) (100)

Psychic Techniques
Telepathy: Astral Telepathy, Short Range Telepathy, Mind Probe, Psychic Scream
Last edited by Someshta on Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Karrick
Initiate

Post by Karrick »

fgalkin wrote:In case you're wondering, Berenice is actually being very nice for a navigator. :grin:
I actually expected her to jump on the "only human" comment after realizing what I'd posted (after the fact).
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Someshta I don't know if you used point buy or rolls and in any case, none of those rolls were on the board dice roller so I didn't see them. So the character isn't acceptable.
fgalkin
Initiate

Post by fgalkin »

Karrick wrote:
fgalkin wrote:In case you're wondering, Berenice is actually being very nice for a navigator. :grin:
I actually expected her to jump on the "only human" comment after realizing what I'd posted (after the fact).
She did, in a way. But her plan kinda backfired on her in the end.

In any case, she actually likes you lot, even though she insists on treating you like a bunch of annoying, and occasionally amusing children.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Someshta
Acolyte

Post by Someshta »

The characteristics were obviously point buy, as for the other three rolls, wounds, fate points and insanity in that order.

I'll edit that into the original.
Last edited by Someshta on Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karrick
Initiate

Post by Karrick »

I think that's an entirely suitable demeanor for a navigator, actually. I hesitate to say it, but it seems like the Rogue Trader atmosphere (as opposed to the Imperial Navy) might be better suited to less rigid social restrictions between navigators and the other officers. More to do with being so far out into the black for so long more than anything else.
fgalkin
Initiate

Post by fgalkin »

Well, remember that the Navigators segregate themselves out of necessity, not merely contempt for their fellow bipeds. I would imagine it would all depend on the age and power of the navigators in question. And, I am not sure the Rogue Trader ships are any less hierarchical and disciplinarian than the navy, if anything keeping the crew in line for years at a time requires more, not less discipline. Of course, that depends entirely on the Rogue Trader in question.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin