Ghosts of Scintilla (Dark Heresy)

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Nihilous Haxtes
Mindscrubbed Sanctioned Psyker
Living Nightmare

Weapon Skill 30
Ballistic Skill 29
Strength 37
Toughness 35
Agility 31
Intelligence 27
Perception 34
Willpower 51
Fellowship 25

Wounds: 13

Fate Points: 4

Divination: "The only true fear is dying with your duty not done."
Sanctioning: Hypno-doctrination.

Insanity Points: 8

Engram Implantation (Common Lore (Tech) and Survival treated as basic skills)
Failsafe Control
Imperial Conditioning
Unreadable Mind

Skills
Awareness
Deceive
Forbidden Lore (Warp)
Intimidate
Invocation
Literacy
Psynisicence
Speak Language (Low Gothic)
Trade (Soothsayer)

Talents
Jaded
Melee Weapon (Primitive)
Pistol (SP)
Pistol (Laser)
Psi Rating 1
Resistance (Psychic Powers)

Psi Powers
Chameleon
Healer
Suggestion

Equipment
Microbead
Chrono
Filtration plugs
Lamp pack
Robes
Quilted Vest (2AP, Primitive)
Sword
Staff
Pyskanna Mercy Blade
Psi Focus (Obsidian shard set in titanium setting)
New bone dice
Lock of black hair twined with silver wire
Laspistol, 3 charge packs
poor quality respirator
Flak helmet (2 AP)
39 Thrones

500xp spent

Suggestion
Threshold: 9
Half Action
Not Sustainable
Range: 6m

You introduce a single telepathic suggestion into the target's mind making him more open to a line of thought, experience a brief sensation, or momentarily experience an emotional state of your choosing.
Requires a successful Opposed Willpower check.
Not mind control.
Can be used to support the use of a social skill and give that skill check a +20 bonus.
Last edited by Cynical Cat on Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:17 pm, edited 9 times in total.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

More Insanity Points
Money
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Academia Nut
Adept

Post by Academia Nut »

Looks good there CynCat, although do you have a physical description? Otherwise, even though he hasn't posted it, I do have the full character sheet for Soontir's character (and everyone else's for that matter. Woo Excel). So unless there is anyone else who has yet to speak up, we could possibly get started soon. Are their any further questions, comments, or people who wish to join?
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Academia Nut wrote:Looks good there CynCat, although do you have a physical description? Otherwise, even though he hasn't posted it, I do have the full character sheet for Soontir's character (and everyone else's for that matter. Woo Excel). So unless there is anyone else who has yet to speak up, we could possibly get started soon. Are their any further questions, comments, or people who wish to join?
I've got a whole lot of background stuff forthcoming. It'll take a while to write it.
Academia Nut
Adept

Post by Academia Nut »

Oh. I just remembered. A note on gear. If you have any items from your starting package that you do not wish to have, you can trade them in for half price. Also, do not worry about purchasing microbeads, they will be issued to you.
Cpl Kendall
Disciple

Post by Cpl Kendall »

So I take it we can use our starting cash to buy gear before we actually start?
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Cpl Kendall wrote:So I take it we can use our starting cash to buy gear before we actually start?
Yeah. Noble clerics start with good money, so Fima can gear up.
Academia Nut
Adept

Post by Academia Nut »

Yes, you can use your starting cash to buy other equipment if you so wish. Since you have already purchased it, it is also assumed that you had enough time to find it regardless of scarcity (so long as you have the cash), which is part of the reason why it is half trade in price, for a slight compensation for having effectively infinite shopping time. Also, add lamp packs and chronos into the list of basic things that will be issued to you.
Cpl Kendall
Disciple

Post by Cpl Kendall »

Cynical Cat wrote:
Yeah. Noble clerics start with good money, so Fima can gear up.
:lol:
Yes, you can use your starting cash to buy other equipment if you so wish. Since you have already purchased it, it is also assumed that you had enough time to find it regardless of scarcity (so long as you have the cash), which is part of the reason why it is half trade in price, for a slight compensation for having effectively infinite shopping time. Also, add lamp packs and chronos into the list of basic things that will be issued to you.
So what do you think a simple greatcoat would go for?
Academia Nut
Adept

Post by Academia Nut »

A simple greatcoat would go for about 10 thrones. Useful in Tarsus if you are going down to the noble quarters, otherwise leave it at base unless you enjoy heatstroke.
Cpl Kendall
Disciple

Post by Cpl Kendall »

Ahh, disregard then.

Still I'll grab a backpack (10 thrones), and a mag each for my sidearm and rifle (10 and 15 each).

That should leave me with 42 thrones left.
fgalkin
Initiate

Post by fgalkin »

Gear picks are done. I think I've done a good impression of a frightened, but rich civilian.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Academia Nut
Adept

Post by Academia Nut »

In-game thread is now up. Make your introductions and then we'll get on down to Tarsus post-haste to begin the investigations. And the accumulation of insanity points.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

I got talked into it.

Kyona Halsburg
Sanctioned Psyker

Background:
Kyona Halsburg was raised on a minor Imperial world, born to parents of high status. Her father was a minor planetary beaurocrat handling local emergency response teams, her mother worked in the Astropath's tower sorting incoming and outgoing messages as part of the Imperial staff. The family lived well, enjoying the benefits of their relatively high social class. Then, Kyona started showing the first signs of being 'witchbreed'.

There was no long discussions, no heated debates. It was well-known what happened to those who tried to hide psykers, and her mother knew the Astropaths were in high demand. Before any stain or shame could touch them (or people come to take the teenager by force), her parents packed Kyona off to the authorities like good Imperial citizens, hoping their child's witchblood could be used to serve the Emperor.

She hasn't seen them since, as the Blackships came to take her from the holding pens a week later, and her training began. Once she had passed all the tests, and shown herself capable to serve, she was assigned as a Sanctioned Psyker.

Sanctioned Psyker, Imperial Citizen
Trade : Soothsayer

WS: 32
BS: 35
S: 31
T: 40
Ag: 37
Int: 38
Per: 32 (on reroll)
WP: 35
Fel: 28

Sanctioning Effect: Optical Rupture
Your sanctioning rituals have done great violence to your eyes. They have been removed and replaced with common quality cybernetic senses. (Think Batau from Ghost in the Shell, the large white opaque disks)

Fate 2
Thrones 6

Gear:
Laspistol (1charge)
Sword
MercyBlade
Tarot Deck kept in battered silken pouch
Poker Deck (for fun and profit)
Flak Jacket
Clothing suitable for a tradeswoman
Last edited by LadyTevar on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Cpl Kendall
Disciple

Post by Cpl Kendall »

Well I assume that despite being a feral that Atellus would have been up and down in shuttles before being guard.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

++++Transmission: Coded SubViolet++++
To: [REDACTED]

I have arrived at [REDACTED] and attempted to ascertain the status of Execution Kappa and their mission. Execution Kappa has suffered one hundred percent physical and psychological casualties [attached file M-2]. Circumstantial evidence at [REDACTED] and nearby strongly suggest they were successful in their mission before succumbing to their injuries. Execution Epsilon and Execution Lambda have been deployed in follow up investigations to confirm the fate of [REDACTED] and remove any lose ends. I await your will.

Thought for the Day: Better a hundred innocents die than a single guilty man goes free.

++++Transmission Ends++++

Case [REDACTED] is no longer your concern. Send the survivors of Execution Kappa to [REDACTED] for salvaging. I am pleased with your actions.

Thought for the Day: There is no greater sin than mercy

My lord, Patient XV-1193 has completed reconditioning and the ordered training regimen. As you have ordered, he is being held pending your orders.

Thought for the Day: Blessed are those who serve the righteous

Soontir948
Disciple

Post by Soontir948 »

Academia Nut wrote:Otherwise, even though he hasn't posted it, I do have the full character sheet for Soontir's character (and everyone else's for that matter. Woo Excel).
I'll get to it later in the morning. I'm pooped.

Name Arl
Homeworld Imperial World
Rank Dreg
Gender Male
Build Slender
Skin Colour Tan
Hair Colour Dyed (brown)
Eye Colour Grey
Age 23 years
Quirk Pierced Nose
World Paradise World
Divination "Only in death does duty end" +1 wound

Attributes
WS 35
BS 34 100XP
S 33
T 27
Ag 36 100XP
Int 26
Per 40
WP 43
Fel 37

Fate Points 3
Wounds 13
Fatigue 0
Insanity 0
Corruption 0
Thrones 9

Gear
Autogun + 2 clips + 2 rounds
Autopistol + 3 clips
Club
Knife
Beast furs
Rags

Skills
Common Lore (Int)
Common Lore (Int)
Common Lore (Int)
Literacy (Int)
Speak Language (Int)
Speak Language (Int)
Dodge (Ag)
Blather (Fel)
Decieve (Fel)
Awareness (Per)
Scholastic Lore (Int)

Talents
Melee Weapons Training Primitive
Basic Weapons Training SP
Pistol Training SP
Unremarkable
Sound Constitution 100XP
Melee Weapons Training Shock
Peer Underworld

Traits
Blessed Ignorance
Hagiography
Liturgical Familiarity
Superior Origins
Beast Slaver 100XP

Background: Young and naive, he thought he was the best and with his ability to get animals to obey him, it was fun running around with his friends causing mischief on his paradise world and if the going gets tough, he could always shoot his way out.

As far as he was concern, he needed a new challenge and when he was 'invited' to go off-world, he accepted.
Last edited by Soontir948 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Academia Nut
Adept

Post by Academia Nut »

Kendall, the landing field is an artificial platform in the middle of a hive and you're basically on a concrete landing pad, there is no 'dirt' there that you could gather up. You could maybe brush together a small patch of dust and get a pinch of it, but there's really not much there.
Cpl Kendall
Disciple

Post by Cpl Kendall »

Good enough.
Academia Nut
Adept

Post by Academia Nut »

For the psykers in the party, your otherworldly senses pick up a very short range but intense feeling when the case is opened, like concentrated sadness and numbness, along with something best described as voiceless whispers heard only in nightmares. It's not alive even in a Warp sense, but it is soaked in the energy of the Immaterium.
Cpl Kendall
Disciple

Post by Cpl Kendall »

Just so you know Academia, I will be at the range from first light till the late evening tomorrow. I may be able to post from my mobile, but don't count on it.

I will try and have a post up before I head out though.
Academia Nut
Adept

Post by Academia Nut »

Don't worry, I expect everyone will be a little busy for the next few days, so I wanted to get to this point where it won't matter if not everyone can post since you can all just ask questions in character when you're able.

EDIT NOTE: For those of you soaked in the lore, you might have a glimmering of what might going on from the latest clue. However, none of your characters have the appropriate knowledge. No IC guessing. The PCs should be just as clueless about this sort of matter as a 40k newbie. OOC guessing will be neither confirmed nor denied.
Last edited by Academia Nut on Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soontir948
Disciple

Post by Soontir948 »

IC?

I assume my char. would know this so putting it here, how is obscura taken? Sniffed up? Smoked?
Last edited by Soontir948 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

It can be smoked or injected. Presumably sniffed as well.
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

I bet the last group got eaten! All sorts of weirdness in the underhive and such you know.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken