STGOD?

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Silence
Acolyte

Post by Silence »

Finals are done, and I have some free time. I'd figured I'll throw up the stat block with the list of colonial possessions.

Protectorate of England
Population: 3
Home Lands: 1
Colonial: 5
Economy: 5
Industry: 4
Infrastructure: 3
Military: 3
Naval: 4
Army: 2

Colonial possessions:
I'll take, Jordan, Saudi and vast swaths of Africa that isn't occupied as my tentative colonial possessions.
The Admiral: A game of chess, my dear.
The Woman: I don't play.
The Admiral: You should learn. We're all pawns, my dear. -The Prisoner
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

No Canada?
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

There's anything left of Canada?

And Silence, Africa is a big place, where are you planning on setting down colonies?
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
Steve
Master

Post by Steve »

Well, I was going to offer up Saskatchewan to Britain and I think Hotfoot was going to let him have Ontario, Manitoba, etc.
Chatniks on the (nonexistant) risks of the Large Hadron Collector:
"The chance of Shep talking his way into the control room for an ICBM is probably higher than that." - Seth
"Come on, who wouldn't trade a few dozen square miles of French countryside for Warp 3.5?" - Marina
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Almost Done!

Okay you will see a number of NPC powers.

Spain = Castile, Portugal, north African desert, Guyana, Uruguay, Paraguay and parts of coastal Brazil

Iran = Iran and Iraq

Mongolia = Mongolia (doesn't have a color)

Tibet = Tibet (doesn't have a color)

Yunnan = I was running out of colors so I used a striped pattern for this one. It's the brown and blue one in the SE corner of China

Xinjiang = Pink nation in China

Sudan, the interior of Brazil, Laos, Cambodia and the unclaimed parts of Thailand are governless regions. This is either due to the tribal nature of the land (Sudan, Brazil) or the fact that outsiders keep fucking with any attempts (Laos, Cambodia, Thailand parts).

The NPC claims can be moved over for PCs but only before the game starts.

Marcoa contacted me via PM, so I've went ahead and outlined his claims. If he doesn't post on this thread before Saturday noon though I'll consider him as not playing.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Hurray! Ok, I assume Marcao is the kinda gray one that is in Southern Africa? And if he doesn't join that'll be an NPC?

EDIT: Just making certain since they are tiny islands, but those islands smackdab in the middle of the Indian Ocean are mine.
Last edited by Charon on Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
Marcao
Disciple

Post by Marcao »

Yes, to all whom it may concern. I am playing an African power based predominantly in central and Western Africa. I will post the OOB and Background when the rules are finalized. :smile:
The Peddler of Half Truths.
"Not OP, therefore weakest." - Cynical Cat (May 2016)
"A dog doesn’t need to show his teeth as long as his growl’s deep enough, his food bowl is full and he knows where all the bones are buried." - Frank Underwood
KlavoHunter
Acolyte

Post by KlavoHunter »

You painted Timor the wrong color :)

Edit: HOLY SHIT CHRISTIANS OWN THE HEDJAZ. JIHAD!!! JIHAD!!!
Last edited by KlavoHunter on Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

An excellent map, but one minor correction. Rome runs the Canary Islands.
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
Hadrianvs
Initiate

Post by Hadrianvs »

I find it hard to believe that the interior of Brazil is uncolonized. Sailing up the Amazon river is the easiest thing ever. Manaus is 1450km (900 mi) from the coast (straight line), on a tributary of the Amazon River, and yet it's possible to sail up to it in large ships. Just look at its port:1, 2. You could steam a goddammed battleship deep into the Brazilian jungle to exercise control over the area. Couple that with the profitable logging, rubber, and mining industries, and it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever for the area to be uncolonized.

Sudan is a bit more sensical. The only important parts of Sudan are the Nile River Valley, Khartoum, the White Nile, and the Blue Nile. So basically French and Ethiopian possessions just need to be moved a tad to the west and it's all good.

I also propose that the unclaimed parts of Thailand+Cambodia+Laos be made into its own NPC country. Call it the Khmer Kingdom. The area has too much of a civilized history to now be an anarchic mess.

Still though, very good map Magi.
Last edited by Hadrianvs on Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slacker
Apprentice

Post by Slacker »

I agree with Had on all of that-Brazil especially makes no sense as a 'Here there be dragons' sort of area. Just extend everyone's positions into the interior. By the same token, why in god's name are the Spanish bothering with the Saharan interior? If anywhere on Earth should remain an unclaimed wasteland, it's there.
Last edited by Slacker on Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hadrianvs
Initiate

Post by Hadrianvs »

Slacker wrote:By the same token, why in god's name are the Spanish bothering with the Saharan interior? If anywhere on Earth should remain an unclaimed wasteland, it's there.
For the same reason the French bothered with the Saharan interior? The fact that it's a desert wasteland doesn't seem to have stopped anybody from claiming it. Though you're right that if one place in the world would be unclaimed by anyone but camel-riding nomads, it's there.
Last edited by Hadrianvs on Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

I find it hard to believe that the interior of Brazil is uncolonized.
You have only yourselves to blame. No body claimed it, so it remains uncolonized. Since no one claimed it and no one seemed to care about it until now, no one has it.
I also propose that the unclaimed parts of Thailand+Cambodia+Laos be made into its own NPC country. Call it the Khmer Kingdom. The area has too much of a civilized history to now be an anarchic mess.
No. Whatever it's history in OTL, today it is stuck between a drug dealing Mughul Empire, an expansionist Japanese Empire and Islamic Klavostan. I'm not making a NPC there. It remains an area of city states, tribes and general banditry and great power shenanigans. Any central government that forms there get's pulled down by those great powers fairly quickly.
I agree with Had on all of that-Brazil especially makes no sense as a 'Here there be dragons' sort of area. Just extend everyone's positions into the interior.
I am not forcing players to take land they don't want. I will encourage, I will suggest, but I will not force nor will I let anyone else attempt to do so. Anyone who suggests I force someone else to take responsibility for land will find themselves stuck with it. I'm not joking.
By the same token, why in god's name are the Spanish bothering with the Saharan interior?
You mean like how the French claimed it in OTL? It's there because that's pretty much what the rest of you let the Spanish keep. As it stands the Spanish crown considers it a small miracle that they got to keep the parts of South America they did have. People have claimed it has possessions in the past, the Spanish are doing so in this game. Unless one of the players wants it that's how it is.

All of you were the ones who decided how the map would look. So you have only yourselves to blame for the results. This is what the world looks like. If it bothers you so much, you claim some of the leftovers.
Hadrianvs
Initiate

Post by Hadrianvs »

I want to warn the British player that he cannot defend his Arabian holdings. The entrances to both the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf are guarded by other powers, and the overland route is rather out of the question.

Also, the thought of an infidel holding Islam's most holy of holy sites is going to do funny things to the Muslemen. Funny things I'd rather not think about.
Last edited by Hadrianvs on Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

That's Silence's call to make. I will admit to be rather confused about that choice especially since all the other players moved with speed to clear out space for him in Canada, which in my opinion is a much more accessible and profitable place to be.

However, this is Silence's call to make, not ours. If he wants Saudi, he get's Saudi and that's how it is.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Locking this thread, head over to the OOC thread.