Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay?

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

Fixed.

And yes, I rolled crappy for cash. Clearly, it went into gambling.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.
Cpl Kendall
Disciple

Post by Cpl Kendall »

Cynical Cat wrote:So that's character generation. You're now ready to be dropped head first into trouble.
Excellent, thanks a bunch. Much appreciated, now I can head to bed. :)
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

SirNitram wrote:Fixed.

And yes, I rolled crappy for cash. Clearly, it went into gambling.
In the 18th C it was fashionable for aristocrats to be in debt.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

It's a good excuse to go adventuring as well

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

I would suggest rapier over foil Nitram, it's more durable a weapon and the old versions of it had a slashing edge, just in case.

Also those purple eyes clearly mean the mark of the mutant is on your family. You are doomed, DOOMED to a life wracked by the forces of Chaos! DOOOMMMMEDD!
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Cpl Kendall
Disciple

Post by Cpl Kendall »

Is Fisherman supposed to come with Row and Sail or are those ones you purchase later?
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Cpl Kendall wrote:Is Fisherman supposed to come with Row and Sail or are those ones you purchase later?
You get Row and Sail. You start with all the skills and talents of your starting career, except for the ones marked with the "or" in which case you have to choose.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Cpl Kendall
Disciple

Post by Cpl Kendall »

Cynical Cat wrote:
You get Row and Sail. You start with all the skills and talents of your starting career, except for the ones marked with the "or" in which case you have to choose.
Thanks, I better put that in then.
Cpl Kendall
Disciple

Post by Cpl Kendall »

Cpl Kendall wrote:Weapon Skill: 31 (replaced the original 24 with Shayllya's Mercy)
Ballistic Skill: 34
Strength: 31
Toughness: 45
Agility: 37
Intelligence:43
Willpower: 32
Fellowship: 30

Attacks: 1
Movement: 4
Magic: 0
Insanity Points:0
Wounds: 13
Fate Points: 3

Race: Human
Name: Marcellus Nijssen
Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 165 lbs
Birthplace: Marienburg
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Siblings: 1

Skills: Common Knowledge (The Empire), Gossip, Speak Language (Reikspiel),Navigation, Consume Alcohol, Common Knowledge (Wasteland), Row and Sail

Talents: Mimic, Very Resilient (+5 Tg), Savvy, Orientation (+10 on Nav rollls)

-common clothing, consisting of shirt, breeches, tattered cloak, worn boots, belt,
-dagger
-backpack
-blanket
-wooden cutlery
-wooden tankard
-axe
-11 gold crowns
-Fish hook and line
-spear
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

frigidmagi wrote:I would suggest rapier over foil Nitram, it's more durable a weapon and the old versions of it had a slashing edge, just in case.
He's right, Nit... Foil is a stabby. Rapier and Epee are cut-n-slash weapons.
Ok, I've spent too much time around the Scadian Fencers.... :oops:

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Cpl Kendall
Disciple

Post by Cpl Kendall »

Don't all the hand weapons perform more or less the same in game anyways?
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Cpl Kendall wrote:Don't all the hand weapons perform more or less the same in game anyways?
Hand weapons do, but other weapons don't. Basically WFRP divides weapons into categories. It distinguishes more practice and duel orientated light blades (foils) from more military ones (rapiers). It does crush hand weapons and great weapons into two categories, but these are basically the categories of fairly big weapons that behave somewhat similarly. Flails and spears, for example, have different stats because they behave somewhat differently.
Cpl Kendall
Disciple

Post by Cpl Kendall »

Any hints on what we're doing?
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Cpl Kendall wrote:Any hints on what we're doing?
Getting in trouble, of course.

More seriously, you'll be meeting each other and getting an adventure hook in Altdorf, capital of the Empire. It's somewhat near Marienburg, located further down the River Reik. Its sort of Venice-like, being built over the banks and a bunch of islands in the river. Lots of bridges.
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

Dietrich Wolschin
Male Human 26 years old
1.7 meters
73 kg
hair: dirty blonde to light brown, close cropped. beard of the same color with flecks of red
Eyes: green

Weapon Skill:32
Ballistic Skill: 35
Strength: 30
Toughness: 30
Agility: 27 (replaced to 31)
Intelligence:40 (45 with Savvy)
Willpower: 37 (42 from coolheaded)
Fellowship: 33

ST bonus 3
Toughness bonus 3

Attacks 1
Movement 4
Wounds 11
Fate 3
magic 1

Career: Apprentice Wizard (as if you didnt see this coming... and CC encouraged me)

Skills: Common Knowledge(empire), Gossip Language:Reikspiel
Knowledge: Magic, Channelling, magical sense, Perception, Read/Write, Speak Arcane Language:magick, speak language Classical

Talents: Coolheaded, Resistance to magic, Aethyric attunement, Petty Magic, Savvy

Trappings: Written book, quarter staff backpack. A set of clothing, worn cloak and boots, and a belt dagger. Also a cuttlery set tankard, and a Longsword. 14 gc

Dietrich was born in a small town within Reikland called Turmsburg. His father (Manfred) was an perpetual apprentice within the Celestial College, never showing enough magical talent to work magic, but possessing enough of an affinity to the Winds to potentially be dangerous if untrained. Eventually he was released into the world to help search for and recruit young magic users, and settled down to operate a small inn along the road, which also doubled as a safe house for Wizards traveling through the area. He married a cobbler's daughter, and their union gave rise to Dietrich.

Highly intelligent, his early education was handled by Manfred who having been trained by the Celestial College was highly qualified for this. However at the age of ten Dietrich began manifesting strange dreams and even waking fits. Strange things began occuring around him, and Manfred knew exactly what was going on. He was obligated to contact the order and turn his son over to them for training. His old master, the Master Wizard Laubechler Niehuis agreed to train the boy, as a favor to a devoted (if magically depauperate) student.

The boy learned how to toil, he learned how to speak in the Arcane Tongue, and how to control his magical talents. It took eleven years, but it soon became apparent that he was more gifted magically than his father, and on the surface just as trustworthy.

So here he is, 17 years after being taken in by the Order, he is finally able to venture out of the walls of the college. A senior apprentice, the time that his umbilical is finally to be severed and he is to become a Journyman is rapidly approaching. To prepare him for this his master has granted him leave (and in fact, commanded him) to go out into the world for a time and learn the world and practice using magic constructively.
Last edited by Comrade Tortoise on Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Anyone else? Charon? Frigid? We have some nice Kislevites for fgalkin.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

I am interested but I'm worried about slowing the game down. If I play that means your game is gonna have a slow pace. I'm sorry about that but between work and school, it takes me awhile to write up a decent game post and it slows down a game I've noticed.

If the others don't mind that, then I'm game to try.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Well the good Corporal is busy with real life, so we're going to be slow.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Well in that case let me see if I can find a copy of the book. Which edition is it again?
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

2nd.
Cpl Kendall
Disciple

Post by Cpl Kendall »

Cynical Cat wrote:Well the good Corporal is busy with real life, so we're going to be slow.
Aye, I don't mind a slow game anyways. Keeps me from getting overwhelmed.
Cpl Kendall
Disciple

Post by Cpl Kendall »

Wait, we've arrived during a riot?
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Cpl Kendall wrote:Wait, we've arrived during a riot?
No. You've already arrived. The game opens with you stuck in a riot.

This is to make the PCs nostalgic for the "you all meet in an inn" convention.
Cpl Kendall
Disciple

Post by Cpl Kendall »

Ahh, so do you get thrown in jail for killing rioters? You know, in case they fall on my spear or something.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Cpl Kendall wrote:Ahh, so do you get thrown in jail for killing rioters? You know, in case they fall on my spear or something.
Only if it looks like murder. But I don't know why you're worried about rioters when there's Imperial cavalry forming up in front of you.