New User Introductions Mk II

GH: General Discussion

Moderator: LadyTevar

Squidgey
Apprentice

Post by Squidgey »

Josh being Petro right? Who was Cass engaged to? I have it in a letter somewhere, but my room is, whilst much cleaner then it was 2 weeks ago now, still a massive, massive mess. I do remember he was studying biology also, marine stuff IIRC.
I am the Squire to a Gobbo named Ram Rock Ed First who is trapped inside of an Impenetrable and Indestructable Magically Imbued Steel Orc Golem Prison Shell!

Wow!
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

40k is mostly discussed in the Out of Character area. There's a bunch of us here, in one form or another.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Squidgey
Apprentice

Post by Squidgey »

Cheers for that Cynical Cat, I've been collecting for 13 years almost - since the end of year 5 - and only in the past few weeks did I manage to get a tonne of Monstrous Creatures and an actual competitive Nid army - made a very good value trade for a Nid army from 2nd ed through to current and have so many Nids now. As an aside from the same guy I'm picking up a Rogue Trader Space Marine army, the Land Raider is undercoated and you can see the white plastic underneath in minty condition, quite awesome to be honest. Anyways I'll crack a thread to...day mayhaps, when it's not 5:20am and when I've not been up all night.

B4UTRUST, are we talking about the same Cass and Josh? The Cass I'mr eferring to is Rukia and I saw a few posts by her in the past few days in...down below, I think that's the sub-forum here, so have PM'ed her in any case. And as to Josh I meant Ptrosjevko (think that's the spelling, been a while since I've used it). Who did you mean?

Cheers guys,

Luke.

P.S. I tend to sign most of my posts after writing them, on other forums people have found this odd because my username is right on that post anyways - call me old fashion, I'm still writing a note/letter style post and hence sign off on it. :)
I am the Squire to a Gobbo named Ram Rock Ed First who is trapped inside of an Impenetrable and Indestructable Magically Imbued Steel Orc Golem Prison Shell!

Wow!
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

I'm more into roleplaying, BFG, and Titanicus than table top gaming for 40K.

No, he's not talking about the same Cas.

Casey=Caz and last we heard she and Josh=Petro were snuggling together. Rukia's=Cass is around and posting actively.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

Yes, apparently I was indeed referring to the other Cass having forgotten that Rukia is Cass as well... I was referring to Caz as Cyn pointed out, not Rukia.

Sorry for any confussion.
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

Post by Batman »

Squidgey wrote:
Batman wrote:Some of us indeed DO remember you :grin:
Welcome back, Squidgey.
A heartfelt welcome back from the rest of us Cave Dwellers, and Master Richard and Mistress Barbara, too, Master Squidgey
And good luck on the elephants.
Yes, my last PM's from 2006 and Jan 2007 are from you Batman so that isn't too much of a surprise. I must say though I do not recognise Master Richard or Mistress Barbara's names however...
That'd be Nightwing (Dick Grayson,the original Robin) And Barbara Gordon, the original Batgirl :grin:
oh and my actual name is Luke, but call me whatever you feel like, it's actually a bit odd being Squidgey as I've gone through 2 or 3 other usernames across various online MMO's and forums in the past 3 years, bit of a change heh.
Heck if you prefer Luke that'd actually be EASIER for me, Squidgey I usually have to C&P because I can't remember how to spell it.:razz: I usually stick with usernames because I don't know anybody on this forum personally so I usually don't KNOW their real names. Besides, I regularly forget Destro's and DS' real names and they've got them in their Valendamned signatures :???: Luckily, I have old age to blame it on. :wink:
'I wonder how far the barometer sunk.'-'All der way. Trust me on dis.'
'Go ahead. Bake my quiche'.
'Undead or alive, you're coming with me.'
'Detritus?'-'Yessir?'-'Never go to Klatch'.-'Yessir.'
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
'Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a sword a little'
'Run away, and live to run away another day'-The Rincewind principle
'Hello, inner child. I'm the inner babysitter.'
Squidgey
Apprentice

Post by Squidgey »

Cynical Cat and B4UTRUST, thankyou for the clarrifications, and it's not an issue with any confusion caused.
Batman wrote:
Squidgey wrote:
Batman wrote:Some of us indeed DO remember you :grin:
Welcome back, Squidgey.
A heartfelt welcome back from the rest of us Cave Dwellers, and Master Richard and Mistress Barbara, too, Master Squidgey
And good luck on the elephants.
Yes, my last PM's from 2006 and Jan 2007 are from you Batman so that isn't too much of a surprise. I must say though I do not recognise Master Richard or Mistress Barbara's names however...
That'd be Nightwing (Dick Grayson,the original Robin) And Barbara Gordon, the original Batgirl :grin:
Ahh it all amkes sense now, unfortuantely I'm not a massive comic man, like reding them and all but my sister is the true comic fiend in our family, she's into 2 digit numbers of X-Men back issues, some nice shinies from the 60's et al, and has a collection that has the guys at the local comic shop (incidentally enough called: The Comic Shop) drooling. You know you're lost to a hobby/collecting addiction when you respond to statements of 'I so want to get the complete Ironman series but don't want to spend any more on comics as I'm spending $80 a week on them already' with "You know how I solved that issue, I went and brought the whole set". Ebay, there's a reason I haven't bothered learning how to use my bank account to buy stuff off of there...
oh and my actual name is Luke, but call me whatever you feel like, it's actually a bit odd being Squidgey as I've gone through 2 or 3 other usernames across various online MMO's and forums in the past 3 years, bit of a change heh.
Heck if you prefer Luke that'd actually be EASIER for me, Squidgey I usually have to C&P because I can't remember how to spell it.:razz: I usually stick with usernames because I don't know anybody on this forum personally so I usually don't KNOW their real names. Besides, I regularly forget Destro's and DS' real names and they've got them in their Valendamned signatures :???: Luckily, I have old age to blame it on. :wink:
Liek i said Luke or Squidgey, it doesn't bother me too much, I've been playing online MMO's for quite some time now and tend to make friends fairly quickly (something to do with my insane lets play outside the box of rational and accepted thought, that always sees me make a name for myself, it's getting a bit scary actually how easy it is to do...) so am on first name basis with quite a few people I've yet to meet. Incidentally, I've also started to meet a few of them and whenever I manage to get to the U.K. I'm going to meet a whole bunch of them fairly quickly. Should be fun. And being old doesn't really give you the excuse you claim it does, if an 85 year old bloke can play travian online and get into the top 10 of his server and keep diplomatic relations strong between him and everyone else well then. As an aside, youngest gamer online I've gotten to know was 11 initially, oldest is currently 58, what's everyone else's experiences in age differences online. And yes, this should probably go in anothe rthread as opposed to hi-jacking this one.

Cheers all,

Luke.

P.S. You guys here seem to have more of you talking to each other on a personnal level using actual names as opposed to usernames, which for a forum is quite a change of pace, at least in my experience, and I'm fairly accepting of most things so not bothered either way.

P.P.S. This just chewed up the past hour, most amusing some of the weapons: http://www.ninjakiwi.com/Games/Action/P ... Angel.html
Last edited by Squidgey on Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wow!
Ace Pace
Antisemetical Semite

Post by Ace Pace »

B4UTRUST wrote:Cass and Josh moved in together and that was the last anyone really heard from them to my knowledge. They shacked up and kinda dropped off the face of the earth. So I assume they're still together and still marginally happy.
I think I'm the last person to talk to Petro, around summer 2008. At that point he was still with Caz. I'm probably going to pick up the phone to him on saturday or sometimes this week.
[img=left]http://www.libriumarcana.com/Uploads/Ace/acewip7.jpg[/img]Grand Dolphin Conspiracy
The twin cub, the Cyborg dolphin wolf.

Dorsk 81: this is why I support the separation of Aces eyebrow's, something that ugly should never be joined

Mayabird:You see what this place does to us? It's like how Eskimos have their 16 names for snow. We have to precisely define what shafting we're receiving.

"Do we think Israel would be nuts enough to go back into Lebanon with Olmert still in power and calling the shots? They could hook Sharon up to a heart monitor and interpret the blips and bleeps as "yes" and "no" and do better than that, both strategically and emotionally."
Mercury01
Acolyte

Post by Mercury01 »

My greetings and salutations to all of you!

I stumbled on this lovely, windswept corner of the internet and am gleefully looking forward to playing games with you. I have experience with d20 and Dark Heresy, and I'm always willing to learn new games.

Daddy says dice are wicked.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Welcome to our den of scum and villainy.
Soontir948
Disciple

Post by Soontir948 »

Mercury is awesome whichever definition you go by.

Welcome aboard!
Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

Post by Batman »

For a given definition of awesome. The element is highly toxic and the planet is a hellhole. And the deity by that name is highly unlikely to have been a particularly nice person either.
Welcome to LA, Mercury01. Since I'm flat out of 'greet the newbie' memes, enjoy your stay.
A happy welcome from the rest of us Cave Dwellers, and Master Richard and Mistress Barbara as well, Master Mercury01.
Oh, and meet Alfred and the gang.
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
Mercury01
Acolyte

Post by Mercury01 »

Batman wrote:For a given definition of awesome. The element is highly toxic and the planet is a hellhole. And the deity by that name is highly unlikely to have been a particularly nice person either.
How about the Sailor Scout?
Batman wrote: Welcome to LA, Mercury01. Since I'm flat out of 'greet the newbie' memes, enjoy your stay.
A happy welcome from the rest of us Cave Dwellers, and Master Richard and Mistress Barbara as well, Master Mercury01.
Oh, and meet Alfred and the gang.
Hey, thanks! You know, Batman, I admire you as a crimefighter, but I must admit, I like Robin's salad dressing better.
fgalkin
Initiate

Post by fgalkin »

Hiya.

Welcome.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Squidgey
Apprentice

Post by Squidgey »

Batman wrote: Oh, and meet Alfred and the gang.
*Waves from over that a way Tommy Gun in hand*

Wow!
Batman
The Dark Knight

Post by Batman »

Mercury01 wrote:
Batman wrote:For a given definition of awesome. The element is highly toxic and the planet is a hellhole. And the deity by that name is highly unlikely to have been a particularly nice person either.
How about the Sailor Scout?
Neither know nor care.
Hey, thanks! You know, Batman, I admire you as a crimefighter, but I must admit, I like Robin's salad dressing better.
Probably because his ended up actually being edible :razz:
Even assuming I WAS actually working on completely ordinary salad dressing (with Poison Ivy as one of my prominent opponents, 'salad dressing' might refer to Valen knows what), I'm canonically a disaster in the kitchen :grin:
Soontir948
Disciple

Post by Soontir948 »

Ok, ok, here's one awesome Mercury.

Last edited by Soontir948 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Batman
The Dark Knight

Post by Batman »

Damn skippy. THAT Mercury WAS awesome.
WAS. Past tense. :razz:
Soontir948
Disciple

Post by Soontir948 »

:cry: He will always live forever to me.

:razz:
Batman
The Dark Knight

Post by Batman »

Soontir948 wrote:He will always live forever to me.
:razz:
It's a kind of magic :grin:
Mizuki_Stone
Acolyte

Post by Mizuki_Stone »

Greetings oh great and powerful members of the board... I'm here for the Newbie position.

Insistently this board works on the process of murdering your way to the top right? (checks knives)

In all seriousness, I can not say how happy I am to find a new RP board. I run a lovely little two person unit else ware but sometimes you just want to run something with a few more PC's on the field you know?

Experience, let's see... A bit over a decade of D&D, mostly sans miniatures. Hand drawn maps and mental imagery only. I mostly worked as DM for my little tribe, though I did get to enjoy the roll of PC now and then. A few (coughhundreadcough) video games, few unfortunately multilayer, as I am subjected to the horrors of dial up, and compassionate enough to my fellows not to subject them to such lag. A lot of good old freestyle board based online for again around ten years... man I feel old now.

I also freelance as a writer, fanfiction and original.

I suppose that's it for now. Judge me as you will, I hope to find myself worthy of place.
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts.

Study hard, Be evil! :)
Ace Pace
Antisemetical Semite

Post by Ace Pace »

B4UTRUST wrote:Cass and Josh moved in together and that was the last anyone really heard from them to my knowledge. They shacked up and kinda dropped off the face of the earth. So I assume they're still together and still marginally happy.
They're not.
[img=left]http://www.libriumarcana.com/Uploads/Ace/acewip7.jpg[/img]Grand Dolphin Conspiracy
The twin cub, the Cyborg dolphin wolf.

Dorsk 81: this is why I support the separation of Aces eyebrow's, something that ugly should never be joined

Mayabird:You see what this place does to us? It's like how Eskimos have their 16 names for snow. We have to precisely define what shafting we're receiving.

"Do we think Israel would be nuts enough to go back into Lebanon with Olmert still in power and calling the shots? They could hook Sharon up to a heart monitor and interpret the blips and bleeps as "yes" and "no" and do better than that, both strategically and emotionally."
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

Mizuki_Stone wrote:Greetings oh great and powerful members of the board... I'm here for the Newbie position.

Insistently this board works on the process of murdering your way to the top right? (checks knives)
Welcome aboard. Yeah, that's usually how this works. Kill your way to the top, harvest the organs, sell them for profit, ensure you cut the admins in on the profit to make sure you keep in good standing...

Looks like you'll fit in quite well here.

Edit: Ace - explain further please. They're not what? Together or happy? Details are appreciated, in private if needed, but now I'm curious...
Last edited by B4UTRUST on Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
Batman
The Dark Knight

Post by Batman »

Mizuki_Stone wrote:Greetings oh great and powerful members of the board... I'm here for the Newbie position.
You're welcome to try. :grin:
Welcome to LA, MS ( you want me to spell it out, pick a shorter username).
Welcome to LA from the rest of us Cave Dwellers, and Master Richard and Mistress Barbara, too
cpap
Acolyte

Post by cpap »

Hey there everybody, I would like to introduce myself. I go by cpap. I am a long time friend of Rhoenix, a member here, and the man that got me spending more time at work playing Dragonfable than doing any real work. I look forward to kickin it!

peace