MMoSDN Member Rewards Service

KoLA: Ask questions and seek answers for Kingdom of Loathing
Pure Sabacc
Imperious Underling

#1 MMoSDN Member Rewards Service

Post by Pure Sabacc »

In light of the issues raised in the Clan Buffs thread, it has been decided that rather than having clan members place meat in our Clan Coffer for minor stat boosts and warfare, we should instead focus on having our acumulated wealth directly benefit our loyal members by purchasing and distributing valuable items to them. Thus, rather than deposit extra funds at the Clan Hall, it is asked that you send meat to the mule account "Tertiary_Adjunct" (592707.)

Mayabird has offered a suggestion to how this program might proceed in part, as a welcome basket for new members:

Food:
1 insanely spicy enchanted bean burrito
chow mein? hell ramen? key lime pie? purple pixel pies?

Drink?

Equipment:
Dead Guy's Watch
Chrome weapon? early outfit/equipment?
Cheap common accessories (walrus necklace, Jahlsberg earring, etc)?

Familiar:
cocoa egg
blood faced volleyball? lead necklace?

Healing:
soft green remedy parody
scroll of drastic healing
phonics down? tiny house?

Extra:
Feng Shu stuff
scarecrow, meat maid
beanbag chair, cottage
golden arches? familiar terrarium?

--------------------------------
I have also proposed clan-wide gifts, such as high end food items, potions of Temporary Gr8tness, and various camp appliances when tertiary_adjunct's meat level is high enough.

Thoughts?
Josh
Resident of the Kingdom of Eternal Cockjobbery

Post by Josh »

Bang for buck, all those campground items will do the absolute best for setting up noobs.

The Insanely Spicy Enchanted Bean Burrito- Good, pays off with Chronic Indigestion.

Dead Guy's watch is a good one. An extra shiny ring might help out as well.

I'd go with Blood-Faced Volleyball and either lead necklace or Palm Frond Toupee for a starter kit.

Phonics Down or Tiny Houses, preferably.
When the Frog God smiles, arm yourself.
"'Flammable' and 'inflammable' have the same meaning! This language is insane!"
GIVE ME COFFEE AND I WILL ALLOW YOU TO LIVE!- Frigid
"Ork 'as no automatic code o' survival. 'is partic'lar distinction from all udda livin' gits is tha necessity ta act inna face o' alternatives by means o' dakka."
I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

No need to get the terrarium, since that's basically given to you by the council anyhow after your first mission.

Drinks:
Fuzz Bump or Monkey Wrench
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
Josh

Post by Josh »

Drinks are highly stat-specific, at least the good ones.
"Ork 'as no automatic code o' survival. 'is partic'lar distinction from all udda livin' gits is tha necessity ta act inna face o' alternatives by means o' dakka."
Pure Sabacc
Imperious Underling

Post by Pure Sabacc »

Petro, perhaps you could make an announcement about the change in meat depositing? Not everyone reads the message board here, or in the hall. :wink:
Josh

Post by Josh »

Will do.
Skadi
Apprentice

Post by Skadi »

This is a good idea. I will keep a character in soft core to help with making chow meins or trading for items for the cause.

Tertiary has been added and modified to access the stash.
sketerpot
Acolyte

Post by sketerpot »

Who is going to handle distribution? Where do I send stuff that I want to donate to the cause?

Perhaps someone could create a new member announcements thread, and whenever there's a new member, those of us who are feeling generous could send over some stuff. I have a lot of stuff cluttering up my inventory that would be excellent for lower-level players.
Pure Sabacc
Imperious Underling

Post by Pure Sabacc »

sketerpot wrote:Who is going to handle distribution? Where do I send stuff that I want to donate to the cause?

Perhaps someone could create a new member announcements thread, and whenever there's a new member, those of us who are feeling generous could send over some stuff. I have a lot of stuff cluttering up my inventory that would be excellent for lower-level players.
Check the OP, I've got a NPC account set up for the purpose.
tertiary_adjunct (Annoucement up in the Clan Hall). Send the meat you wish to donate to him, and I will handle procurement and distribution when it is decided what should be purchased. As for items of your own, I guess it all depends on what we decide will be given out, but if your feeling charitable, there's nothing stopping you from aiding the newbies. :wink:
Josh

Post by Josh »

I like the noob announcement concept. We can put heads-ups in the message board thread, and unload our old stuff when somebody new shows up. Along with Sabaac's gift packages, of course.
Straha
Acolyte

Post by Straha »

I like the idea, why not throw in a few pixel potions as well as a oven and cocktail mixer?
Soontir948
Disciple

Post by Soontir948 »

B4UTRUST wrote:No need to get the terrarium, since that's basically given to you by the council anyhow after your first mission.
Only problem is that they won't be able to use familiars right from the beginning.

If anything, I'll buy 10-20 of them and donate to the mule.

Edit: I have sent 10ish meat maids, 20 cocoa eggs, and 15 terraiums along with some other misc. stuff to the mule.

Concerning the burritos, it should perhaps depend on the character's main stat; jumping burritos for moxie and regular for muscle players. Enchanted are only for mysticality players and would suck for someone not being one of them. Or, we can give a certain amount of each type to each new member.

Familiars: I suggest a blood-faced volleyball, baby gravy fairy and/or leprechaun to help them in various locations and need.

Chrome weapons: It will be a very long time until they can get the stat level they need to wear them. I suggest taking it off the list.
The Dark
Apprentice

Post by The Dark »

Familiars: Isn't it possible to get multis of the "super fairies"? They'd be useful for a low-level character, since they have the looting skills of a fairy and deal damage.
Mayabird
Leader of the Marching Band

Post by Mayabird »

Thanks for posting my list!

Anyway, I've got a pile of various healing thingies, so I'll send a bunch over in a bit. And I still say to add the soft green whatnots since they can get rid of any status condition, including "beaten up" which is quite handy at times.

I didn't put in leprechan because those are pretty expensive (either 5000 or so meat in the mall or buying/acquiring lucky charms and eating them and trying to luck out). Cocoa eggs are easiest for me to get, and volleyballs aren't too expensive (about as much as the lucky charms, last time I checked, but without any luck involved).

I'm kinda stuck waiting until the stupid pickle factory shows up again and don't know what to do to pass the time. That being said, what would be the best item for me to go acquire via adventuring for this plan? For instance, I could go get a bunch of beans for beanbag chairs, mine for ore, play the fruit slots, whatever.
Skadi
Apprentice

Post by Skadi »

The Dark wrote:Familiars: Isn't it possible to get multis of the "super fairies"? They'd be useful for a low-level character, since they have the looting skills of a fairy and deal damage.
I want to say no since I think they are a quest item, and I can't find any of the special pregnant mushrooms in the mall.
Soontir948
Disciple

Post by Soontir948 »

Skadi wrote:
The Dark wrote:Familiars: Isn't it possible to get multis of the "super fairies"? They'd be useful for a low-level character, since they have the looting skills of a fairy and deal damage.
I want to say no since I think they are a quest item, and I can't find any of the special pregnant mushrooms in the mall.
They are a quest item for ascended muscle sign players and the one you are able to get is random.
Pure Sabacc
Imperious Underling

Post by Pure Sabacc »

For instance, I could go get a bunch of beans for beanbag chairs, mine for ore, play the fruit slots, whatever.
Grabbing some fruit, especially limes, would be good. I've got a lot of keys, and key lime pies would make very good gifts for new members.
Soontir948
Disciple

Post by Soontir948 »

I got 450 soft green echo eyedrop antidotes that'll be sent to the mule.
Pure Sabacc
Imperious Underling

Post by Pure Sabacc »

Tertiary is amassing quite a stock.
Keep the items and meat coming people. :smile:

And could someone alert my mule whenever they approve a new member? Its kind of hard for me to keep track at my rank.
Skadi
Apprentice

Post by Skadi »

Not a problem Pure Sabacc.
Skadi
Apprentice

Post by Skadi »

I promoted the Mule so that they can access the Clan Log and see when new members join.
Josh

Post by Josh »

I'd recommend a promotion for Sabaac, while we're at it.
Pure Sabacc
Imperious Underling

Post by Pure Sabacc »

Petrosjko wrote:I'd recommend a promotion for Sabaac, while we're at it.
I am honored at my promotion to Council Member. I shall endevore to use my powers wisely. And not the evil wise either, the good kind. :wink:
Josh

Post by Josh »

Pure Sabacc wrote:I am honored at my promotion to Council Member. I shall endevore to use my powers wisely. And not the evil wise either, the good kind. :wink:
*sighs*

Don't make me regret this.

Seriously, you earned it. Congratulations and thanks for all the work you've done.
Soontir948
Disciple

Post by Soontir948 »

I noticed that there were no combat items on the suggestion list so I sent 500 Photoprotosomething Torpedoes over. They're going to love using that.