Author Feedback, Duchess

UFR - Give author feedback

Moderator: LadyTevar

The Duchess of Zeon
Initiate

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

frigidmagi wrote:Damn Duchess that kicked ass and made a rather pointed show of how easy it is to conduct information gathering in such a society at times.
I hope you like the latest chapters--I just posted 29, and 30 should be up by the time I go to bed. I have two weeks until college starts again--I intend to come damn close to finishing the story in that period of time. And yes, Vuletic is a good illustration of the downsides of Taloran feudal society.
Are you planning to make this into a multi-versal story? Or are the Hapsburgs going to disappear menacingly into the background for now?
They will have a major part, as will Vuletic herself, to play in the end of the story.
Also, question is this story utter canon like Steve's Alliance fics?
Absolutely, 100% canon. Anything with the TGG label from the following authors: Steve, myself, ChrisPurnell (Marshal Purnell), Meredith (Eris/Aleph Nought), Ed (Sunhawk), and Mayabird herself is 100% canon, including Steve's Stargate story (which was retroactively made completely canon when we developed the metaplot).
Last question can you tell me the settlement status of the various planets and orbits in the solar system (mars, Jupiter moon system etc) and how the Talorans deal with them? The remark about the O'Neil colonies being independent from Earth interested me and I would like to hear more if you would indulge me.
They're usually quite autonomous. The L2 O'Neil colonies were the ones who brought in the Talorans in the first place since they were getting genocided by the UTHP, so they're generally disliked by everyone else, though. And heavily armoured and favoured by the Talorans.
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

Woot! Space Battles for the win!

The Cyclons have upgraded pretty damn fast, their industry and R&D is staggering.

Are we gonna get any peeks as to the Cyclon internal situation? I won't complain either way, you've made a very complex, multi-sided and working story as it is. Good work!
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

I see the friction and tension between Talorans and Humans remain. Do the Talorans even grasp the reasons for the Humans complaint?
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Our lady there is an ambitious one isn't she?
The Duchess of Zeon
Initiate

frigidmagi wrote:Our lady there is an ambitious one isn't she?
Tisara never quits.
The Duchess of Zeon
Initiate

And yes, that mistake of Dhirisma's was intentional. Isn't plausible for the Talorans to really have a firm grasp on all the involved details of the Shadow War, and for an AI doing some casual downloading to notice the error rather than assume it is factual based on the lack of contradictory sources.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

I feel a can of worms opening here Ma'am. But it'll be damn interesting to see where you take the finished the product.

At the very least this holds out hope that the Colonies can be more then the Taloran Empire's Balkans, where peace is only kept by the threat of greater violence.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Damn, Duchess, just damn. Hell of an ending to a hell of a story, you should feel proud.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

I can't find anything on this RPG you mentioned Ma'am. I don't suppose you have a few links?

Otherwise very interesting.
The Duchess of Zeon
Initiate

frigidmagi wrote:I can't find anything on this RPG you mentioned Ma'am. I don't suppose you have a few links?

Otherwise very interesting.
It was created online and lived and died there, with many players in certain circles (a hundred or so, over time), but never published.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Ah so no way for me to dig up information then?
The Duchess of Zeon
Initiate

frigidmagi wrote:Ah so no way for me to dig up information then?

I'm afraid not, alas.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

A very well done story in Golden Lanka ma'am, when the reveal comes along it'll be even better for others.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Oh dear, testing... That seems to carry a rather brutal overtone to it. Especially with the Boneborgs running about.

The captain there is making an interesting distinction with human versus animal. I am assuming the Caste system has something to do with that.
Destructionator XV
Lead Programmer

Post by Destructionator XV »

I just now finally had the chance to finish reading "When Two Worlds Collide".

Outstanding. Absolutely fantastic. I said previously how I adore the Talorans, an adoration which only grew as I read on. The plot and conclusion to this story is just bounds better than what the actual show is doing; we have resolutions to things along with a new gripping mystery.

I'm hooked and now just must read all the sequels.

Excellent work.
Adam D. Ruppe
Image Oh my hero, so far away now.....
Steve
Master

Post by Steve »

Destructionator XV wrote:I just now finally had the chance to finish reading "When Two Worlds Collide".

Outstanding. Absolutely fantastic. I said previously how I adore the Talorans, an adoration which only grew as I read on. The plot and conclusion to this story is just bounds better than what the actual show is doing; we have resolutions to things along with a new gripping mystery.

I'm hooked and now just must read all the sequels.

Excellent work.
Yes, WTWC was quite good.

This reminds me that we must resume The Last Woman Standing, as Marina and I are in the story climax currently. Though I recommend you find my One Small Step first before reading what we have for TLWS since TWLS is a sequel more of it than this (the connection to this is that it brings us another step on the mysteries presented in WTWC.)
Chatniks on the (nonexistant) risks of the Large Hadron Collector:
"The chance of Shep talking his way into the control room for an ICBM is probably higher than that." - Seth
"Come on, who wouldn't trade a few dozen square miles of French countryside for Warp 3.5?" - Marina
The Duchess of Zeon
Initiate

I just realized on re-reading through the thread that I'd omitted the epic and by far most important and dramatic Chapter 46 from the story on this board, somehow or another. That is corrected, and for anyone who wasn't able to find it elsewhere before, I apologize very much; this should clear some things up.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

I wonder if Maria is being... nudged to think that way...
The Duchess of Zeon
Initiate

Possibly. The whole thing is a fairly staged hunt.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Maria is making a mistake. An Marine NCO could make that threat in a rattled platoon and that would be it. With the rabble she has? She should have just killed the squealer and been done with it.

Can't blame her but it's a fool mistake all the same.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

History will show which one of us is right, as it always does, and we should let history run its course, flow with it and live happily within it--not try to stand against its tide."
That's not very human. Humanity's history is in one sense nothing but us crawling up on our hind legs to try and grab history by the throat and force it against the tide. Our inventions, our ideologies, our nations, all of it.

I'm wondering when someone will point out to Maevh that even if she wins this fight, it's very likely that ships will just keep coming. If she calls in the Wraith, it's only going to "prove" to everyone that she must be stopped and they'll keep coming.

Yes she has the 2nd or 3rd most powerful ship in the multiverse (???) but it's still just one ship against an entire rebellious existence. She will not be accepted as Goddess or Queen and her paradise will have to be built on the blood of billions if not trillions.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

As any self respecting fisher can tell you... The fish aren't the damn point.
Steve
Master

Post by Steve »

Um, that's my scene, not Marina's. :razz:

And it ties into a joke from the fishing scene from SG-1 "Threads".
"The chance of Shep talking his way into the control room for an ICBM is probably higher than that." - Seth
"Come on, who wouldn't trade a few dozen square miles of French countryside for Warp 3.5?" - Marina
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

No shit. I'm aware (of course there's an episode in the 7th season where this changes and offically speaking there are now fish in Jack's lake).

I'm simply siding with Jack here. The fish aren't the point.
Steve
Master

Post by Steve »

frigidmagi wrote:
No shit. I'm aware (of course there's an episode in the 7th season where this changes and offically speaking there are now fish in Jack's lake).

I'm simply siding with Jack here. The fish aren't the point.
Oh. I didn't think I had Nate being too upset or opposed to it, it was just him enjoying the humor of the whole thing.