Tales of Ancient Empires (D&D)

TKT: For all In Character Role Playing threads - the Games play here.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

Fuck, it was fire resistant, Thoth had seen enough of that to know what it looked like. Thoth spat out several more arcane phrases, and two bolts of energy lanced out from outstretched fingertips. It was then that Thoth registered Jabir's words. He stepped all the way back inside and shut the door. Backing away from it in the process.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Sand had blown in from the open door. Sand that these creatures could move on, and now Thoth was standing on the pile as he continually annoyed the Dust Devils. Jabir moved to grab the Dark elf and pull him away, but slipped on the pile of sand just as the Dark elf stepped away, leading to Jabir crashing to the ground on the pile of sand.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
Academia Nut
Adept

Post by Academia Nut »

The bolts of arcane energy plinked harmlessly off the vortex of sand as it roared towards the door. Thoth managed to slam the door shut, but the bar was unfortunately lying to the side and thus the only thing he had to brace the door with was his own body. The vortex struck the door and Thoth discovered much to his pain that he wasn't quite up to holding the door shut. The impact hurled Thoth off his feet as the door burst open, and he impacted with a thump and skid along the floor a good ten feet away. The vortex remained at the door for a moment, seemingly a little dazed by the impact itself, but already it was starting to creep across the threshold over the areas with accumulated sand, accelerating the pace as it started to squeeze inside, bringing the howling winds with it.

Backed into a bare corner, Elienes screamed.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Jabir cursed his luck as the creatures burst in. That idiot Dark elf had enticed them to enter! If he had simply left them alone, they wouldn't be in this position. They needed to get out of the kitchen, but they needed time. In desperation, the nomad had an idea. Extending his hand as he spoke out another prayer to Naj Nadda.

Water suddenly burst into being within the swarm, spread out to cover as much area as possible. If he was right, and lucky, the swarm of creatures would not be able to fly if they were damp.
Academia Nut
Adept

Post by Academia Nut »

With a noise like the flat of a blade being drawn across a harp the swarm shuddered as the water flowed through it, before it practically vomitted up the entire contents of the spell across the floor of the kitchen, the water washing across the piles of sand on the floor and washing them away. With a screech the thing retreated back outside.
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Thoth scrambled up quickly and both re-closed and barred the door. But then he noticed something. There were tiny little glass spheres mixed in with the sand and water. To get a good look he would need some more light though...

"Quick thinking, and thank you for the warning. I fear I will have to replace Silas though..."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Jabir took a few calming breaths as he got to his feet, and that was when he noticed the little glass spheres as well. Jabir crouched on the ground and tried to look at them, but more light would be required.

"With any luck, they'll get your neighbor. Bring some light. There's something here."
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

"Hopefully... I noticed them too" with that he pulled a small gem out of his robes and spoke a word over it, causing it to erupt into light.
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

Academia Nut
Adept

Post by Academia Nut »

By the light of the spell, within the spheres tiny little flecks shaped vaguely like sand sized humanoids are suspended in cloudy glass. Evidently while fire resistant the swirling vortex is not fireproof and if hot enough it will fuse the glass into these little beads.

This knowledge may come in useful as a cry of alarm comes up from the guards as the sound of the storm increases again. Evidently the main gates to the villa have just opened up.
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

"Ah fuck me" Thoth swore in his native language. "I hate loosing good retainers."

He walked over to Elienes and knelt down next to her

"Get to the den, you will be safe in their. Get the archers too and make sure they are down there as well. We cannot fight sand and I dont want any of mine to die without my permission. Go"

Then he turned to his sleeve

"Echis, go to the gate and see what is going on. If the men need assistance let me know. If they are safe, also let me know."

The little saw-scaled viper nodded and slithered with all speed in full serpentine ass-hauling mode down the hall. After waiting a few seconds, the sorcerer followed behind.
Last edited by Comrade Tortoise on Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Jabir stared at the door, glowering to himself. His own retainers were still in the stable, he turned to Thoth. He noticed the snake, but paid it little mind. After the display of light, it was clear the man was a sorcerer himself.

"Show me to the stable. Now." There was no tone in his voice to suggest that it was anything other than a demand.
Last edited by Charon on Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Charon wrote:Jabir stared at the door, glowering to himself. His own retainers were still in the stable, he turned to Thoth. He noticed the snake, but paid it little mind. After the display of light, it was clear the man was a sorcerer himself.

"Show me to the stable. Now." There was no tone in his voice to suggest that it was anything other than a demand.
"The stable is near the gate. Unless you want to walk all the way around, you will need to come with me"
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

Academia Nut
Adept

Post by Academia Nut »

Slithering through the little holes in the walls, Echis arrives at the main gate room where the main doors to the outside world have been opened up, inviting the desert inside to begin burying the prone, but still breathing, form of one of the guards assigned there, while the other guard stood in front of the open doors, face into the storm. The creature had yet to arrive, but it seemed inevitable it would come to claim its next victims soon. The inner doors were sturdy, but they hadn't been secured and they were already starting to look worse off.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Jabir turned and followed after Thoth in as quick a pace as he could muster.
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Academia Nut wrote:Slithering through the little holes in the walls, Echis arrives at the main gate room where the main doors to the outside world have been opened up, inviting the desert inside to begin burying the prone, but still breathing, form of one of the guards assigned there, while the other guard stood in front of the open doors, face into the storm. The creature had yet to arrive, but it seemed inevitable it would come to claim its next victims soon. The inner doors were sturdy, but they hadn't been secured and they were already starting to look worse off.
Thoth arrived rather quickly, through the storage room door.

"Move him inside and help me get the inner doors secured!" he commanded his remaining guard as he turned to Jabir "The stable is through the other door, secure it behind you" he told the human pointing to the door on the opposite side of the guard house
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

Academia Nut
Adept

Post by Academia Nut »

The winds howled ferociously, making it difficult to hear things or to even move, but despite that Thoth was sure that his guard's lack of reaction was more than just him not hearing. It seemed that the elf lying on the ground was the one who had remained unensorcelled while the one standing in the middle was the cause of the doors being thrown wide to the desert.
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

"The spell you cast earlier" Thoth said to Jabir "Can you cast it again?" he had one spell that would work if they were humans. But being elves, chosen so his enemies could not as easily use compulsion spells, they were immune to the spell.

He did have something that might work. His hands moved in a complex pattern and he uttered words of power

"Bringen eine bewegende Bereich der Feuer"

A sphere of fire materialized in front of his two guards, between them and the fey sand vortex. He would be able to move it at will, and its presence would hopefully prevent the thing from charging.
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Jabir scrunched up his nose in annoyance at having to use another spell to save something that wasn't any of his concern, but cast the spell none the less, removing the fascination that had over taken the two guards. Jabir then tried to look through the sands to the stable. But it would be difficult to cross that, and there was no guarantee that his pack had resisted the call of the creatures.
Last edited by Charon on Sun May 10, 2009 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.