His Majesty's Dragons

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

Position yourself about three miles southeast of the engagement and receive the radio call at will.
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
Avian Obscurities
Apprentice

Post by Avian Obscurities »

update: been seriously, critical-hit by Thesis. Flinder's panic and helplessness and horror is actually a neat little microcosm of my own mental state. Just tossing something in to keep him around narratively.
I accidentally all the Brujah.
Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

Post by Jason_Firewalker »

I need to know approximately how fast in a mild dive I am so I can approximate how long I am till I come into the battle
'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all'
-- Sir Issac Asimov

The True Resurrection would undo the chartrusing of the Gnome
-- My friend figuring out how to permanently turn a gnome chartreuse

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents
--HP Lovecraft in Call Of Cthulhu
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Is this it for our dashing Dragon Captain?

Is he truly dead?
Will Hermeticus become Frostfell #2?

Tune in tomorrow....same Dragon-Time! Same Dragon Channel!
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Avian Obscurities
Apprentice

Ooooh I dont get the Dragon Channel in my cable package. :( sadness.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Boy, your missing out AO....

great shows, like "When Dragons Attack"
and "Dragon Isle" are just awesome.
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

Firewalker, a note. Sandstorms are not special weapons dragons. They do not have long-term sand-storage containers built into them. The most they are expected to hold the sand in is for a matter of minutes. There's no way Janni could have been flying around with the sand in her mouth for a week or even the better part of a day.

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Firewalker, dragons live through taking multiple hits from 20mm and continue fighting. You're charging a bunch of Stukas solo with a sand breather and a measly elephant gun. Use the edit Havoc so kindly gave you and get the fuck out of Dodge.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

I am not intent on harming the dragon, actually my plan is to try to lure the less disciplined Wendigo (compared to the Stukas) out of formation, and use my superior speed and maneuverability to drag her into our side's heavy dragons. Notice if you had read my post fully I did not engage at close range and instead kept my distance, my intent is to get her attention and get her to play a game of cat and mouse as the mouse heads towards the rabid wolverine, i.e. the Crimson Angel.

As for the .404 Jeffery I had a conversation with Havoc about it, albeit it is not exactly going to be easy for me to hit with, I will be, according to him, able to pierce dragon-scale. Also my choice of weapon was more of a flavor choice rather then a practical choice, its a matter of personality, not actual combat effectiveness.
'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all'
-- Sir Issac Asimov

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

the question is...

what heavy Dragons?

the only two PC heavies we have, Hermeticus and Frostfell, are on the ground, and while they could get back into the fight, it's possible one of them will be in a blood rage that means he's going for Stuka blood, and will go into his own death. The Crimson Angel is there, but probably tired as hell to.

You have middle and lightweights....all who are tired and injured...

you plan was flawed from the very start, and suicidal.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

Jason_Firewalker wrote:As for the .404 Jeffery I had a conversation with Havoc about it, albeit it is not exactly going to be easy for me to hit with, I will be, according to him, able to pierce dragon-scale. Also my choice of weapon was more of a flavor choice rather then a practical choice, its a matter of personality, not actual combat effectiveness.
Excuse me, I did not say you could pierce dragonscale. I said it would be more effective than a normal round. Depending on things like the angle of the strike, the distance, and the dragon in question, you MIGHT be able to pierce certain dragonscales with that elephant gun. Anatolian Cataphracts or Jotunmeisters, for instance, are proof against even light cannonfire and flak shrapnel, while thinner-skinned breeds like the Winchester or Tashkent-Samarkandi are vulnerable even to heavy machine guns.

Besides, we'll see if you hit anything.

Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

My basic idea is to keep them engaged as long as possible with as heavy a force as possible till British re-enforcements can arrive and take out the enemy. My character is at a significantly higher altitude then the Germans, causing them to have to climb at a reduced rate to get to me, allowing me to get away while drawing them towards our forces. They have 1 light heavyweight, 2 severely injured middles, 2 fairly injured middles, and 2 unharmed middles. We have 1 damn highly injured light heavy (Frostfell), 1 UBBER-ENRAGED heavyweight (Hermeticus), 1 extremely angry high end but fatigued heavyweight (Crimson Angel), 2 Cossack lightweights, 2 battle weary but not beaten lightweights, my middleweight and with the announcement by Jake over the radio, since this is an assault on a Russian envoy, especially considering it contains the grand-duchess, I would assume every freaking dragon south of god damned Scotland is being scrambled to our location prepared to protect her at almost any cost.

All in all, my plan is a lunatic shot but frankly I am a tad crazy. Looking at the odds, I stand a decent chance of loosing at least some of my crew, but what is going through my character's head is that these Stukas, since they were able to sneak past radar, patrols and take out a freaking Greater Ironwing with no losses, if they were to scramble over the countryside, he considers it too big a risk to allow them to possibly remain over England, plus if there is a chance to get these Stuka corpses to British scientists then there is a chance to find weaknesses that can later be exploited then it is worth the risk to his hide.
-- Sir Issac Asimov

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Your UBER-ENRAGED Heavyweight also CRASHED INTO THE FUCKING GROUND after taking the dead weight of a falling middleweight onto him. He is battered, beaten and while enraged, is in no position to fight even one of the slightly injured Stukas, much less the female Windego, or the two unharmed Stukas.

Not to mention his captain is at the very least, in serious - critical condition, possibly dead (depending on the GM's call), and most of his crew is dead between the catch or the crash landing.

So your suicidal plan has not only the chance of killing you (which by all means, do) but killing the rest of us.

Don't be a idiot and get us killed. You will not like my response if you make me angry..
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

If you'd read my post, you'd have seen that Jebediah's out of it as well. His hind leg's been mauled by the Stuka. Right now, Jebediah can't even put weight on that leg, which is why he nearly pinned Judith underneath him when it collapsed upon landing. So, no SmokeDevil backing you up, and no Frostfell, Hermeticus, or Æquitas.

Reading Comprehension not taught in schools anymore? :roll:

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Words cannot describe the idiocy of this plan. The only Allied dragons in the air are Flinder and Kunja. Flinder just got out of crazy-time and Kunja is so beat up he couldn't fight a fucking courier dragon. The Russians are down to a pair of lightweights which can't do more than distract anything the Germans have in the air and a Crimson, a Crimson which, by the way, would become MEAT if all six Stuka decide to bring their Divine Wind to bear on her. The mission of the Russians right now is to get the fuck out of dodge before the Stukas decide to do just that.

In short, there is a good fucking chance they are leaving LET THEM LEAVE. Don't fucking kill all of us on some half-assed retarded bullshit plan.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

I had planned to just dust you guys up with this circumstance, have the Stukas retaliate with bursts of machine gun fire and chase Janni away. Then last night, I had one of the worst evenings I've had in recent memory, the aftereffects of which I'll be no doubt dealing with for weeks if not longer. I am furiously angry and deeply upset, and in no mood to coddle players through the results of their actions and consequently you all get to suffer.

Direct complaints to the usual channels.

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Oh Goodie, the GM has decided to take out his frustrations on people that have nothing to do with it. I just love irrational stupidity. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Really. Good job. We'll see just how far this goes before we see what my exact reaction to all of this will be.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

I suggest you walk into the GM's thread then and call him stupid. That's sure to get things back on a proper footing.

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Havoc, we aren't the people responsible for whatever happened to so piss you off. Punish us as appropriate to our crimes, not for the crimes of others.

Charon, chill the fuck out. Being goaded is the last thing someone in a shitty mood needs. You can object without being a dick about it. Havoc doesn't need any more aggravation.

Firewalker, you were wondering on how Frostfell is going to react to your character? Your answer is "not well".
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

I notice Firewalker's being laying low since his fuck up. Come out, come out wherever you are.

Now, which one of these sounds better?

"Thanks for overplaying your hand and bringing the Russians into the war."

"Thanks for bringing the Russians to the party. Couldn't have done it without you."

"You're the most effective Allied dragon ever."
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Yes, I ran with the idea of draconic blood donors. After all, if a vet can have dogs and cats around their office that they use for that purpose, why don't draconarians? The names, following the classical naming practices, I got from Wiki:
In Greek mythology, Panacea (Greek Πανάκεια, Panakeia) was the goddess of healing. She was the daughter of Asclepius and Epione.

Panacea and her five sisters each performed a facet of Apollo's art: Panacea was the goddess of cures, Iaso was the goddess of recuperation, Hygieia was the goddess of disease prevention, Aceso was the goddess of recovery, Meditrina was the goddess of longevity, and Aglaea was the goddess of natural beauty.
So, yes, I gave the Draconarian-trained dragons the names of Greek goddesses of healing :grin:

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Avian Obscurities
Apprentice

I like the characterization, but did they have blood transfusions during WW2? My knowledge of medical history is patchy....
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Wikipedia says yes.
Avian Obscurities
Apprentice

...and so sayeth wikipedia, thus it is written, thus it shall be.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Well, I don't trust Wikipedia entirely, but personally I'm fairly certain they did by WWII and I'm also pretty sure they had blood type on the dog tags by then. Which would also give the impression that yes they did.