Heroes: Rebirth

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

My only comment would be such a round at near-light will annihilate cities. I'd tone it down to 'hypersonic', and use a round that liquifies on impact.

Big Fucking Chunks is what that would make.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.
Haizu
Initiate

Post by Haizu »

Alrighty, I tend to go overboard when I make tech, so thanks for the input.
Those who do evil to others...the killers, rapists, psychos, sadists...you'll come to know me well. Frank Castle is dead. Call me....The Punisher.

The world will look up and shout Save Us and I'll whisper..No.
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

Oh, because I know I didn't mention it to everyone, Herowatch.org will be used again for this game, so feel free to check it out and make news posts at your leisure.

Link
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

While I'm not joining the game, I am more then happy to get into this part if you would like me to B4. We're gonna have to clean up the forums though.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

frigidmagi wrote:While I'm not joining the game, I am more then happy to get into this part if you would like me to B4. We're gonna have to clean up the forums though.
With cleansing napalm.

But yes, the return of NoMoreHeros.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

We should see pictures of his old lairs!
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

The forums are being cleaned up, though I have to question at this point their usefulness and whether or not they would even be really used. The front page news stories and comments seems fine for the moment so I may stick with that. I don't know. We'll see.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

I agree... Pics of his old lairs are a must.

I'm waiting to see former members of Mirage having it out on the board. OOC: Ghost and Tachyon went away with Argent. Reason: Maternity Retirement.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

To bad Hotfoot and I have no idea what happened to our characters. I can't really see them sitting out the war, but they sure as hell don't want to play with Ultima anymore...
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

I see Blast & Hotfoot (with or without Blackheart) going the Vigilante route, or becoming agents with another agency via Blackheart's former contacts.

If they wanted it, the SanFransisco house is theirs, along with a single bank account for 'upkeep'... but the rest vanished with Argent. Although, I could see her keeping in touch semi-regularly on HeroWatch.

You might even get to see the 4-D Ultrasound.

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

*Scratches his chin, wondering if Inferno would know about Herowatch*
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

I see Blast & Hotfoot (with or without Blackheart) going the Vigilante route, or becoming agents with another agency via Blackheart's former contacts.

If they wanted it, the SanFransisco house is theirs, along with a single bank account for 'upkeep'... but the rest vanished with Argent. Although, I could see her keeping in touch semi-regularly on HeroWatch.

You might even get to see the 4-D Ultrasound.
We might actually road trip. B4 never seemed to want to play with it, but the "secret orgin!!!!" of Blast and Hotfoot had alot of plothooks.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

frigidmagi wrote:We might actually road trip. B4 never seemed to want to play with it, but the "secret orgin!!!!" of Blast and Hotfoot had alot of plothooks.
Yes, it did. So did the fact that Blackheart left everything to Blast, in case of death :wink:

That would be a chunk of money as well.

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Two college age boys who recently came into a lot of money and have no other commitments? Nah, no roadtrips there. :wink:

But you guys had a combined secret origin? Cool. Let's here some details (if you don't mind).
Last edited by Charon on Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

It wasn't that I didn't want to play with the idea. Just didn't want to run the idea at that time and then well, things fell apart. I was willing to run the idea and it was an interesting one that could have been used to help introduce a lot of other things.

Hell, I'm sure the good doctor is still out there somewhere looking for his missing 'children' so to speak...
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Talk about my own writing? Thought you never ask! :lol:

Blast and Hotfoot are products of the same secret project that may or may not be a spin off of Project Guardian. A brain child of Dr.Modi a Indain emigrant from India (Duh). Project Seven had two goals. One was to enhance current soldiers with abilities to allow to them to hold their own against a variety of metas. Second and prehaps more important was to make the meta abilities inheritable to their children. The idea being that it would be easier to rise children known to express powers to be lawful, patriotic citizens then the current hit or miss situation.

As an additional fail safe the powers would only express under the application of a trigger (the introduction of certain chemicals) to the body. Ensuring that only the right sort of people would have powers from this program (no oops berserk living weapons of bitterness and doom for us, no sir!). The program was able to impart physical enchantments to the volunteers, their spouses were also given genetic treatments to ensure the passing on abilities and that the fetuses would make it to term.

The children were all born disgustingly healthy. About one year into the program a batch of the children (4 of them) were subjected to the trigger over the protests of Dr. Modi. Nothing happened. Futher trigger attempts were ordered and in the end all 30 children were subjected. None of them expressed. After 2 additional years where no futher subjects were used the program was discontinued as a failure again over the protests of a now discredited Dr. Modi. The project was and remains classified. All the operatives continued the majority of them giving good service and being credits to their branches of service and the nation.

However, as you might have guessed the good Doctor was correct in his protests. The trigger didn't do anything because the bodies weren't ready yet. Puberty had to occur first. As a result of the meddling an additional necessity was needed. The people in question had to have a near death experience (such as a car wreck or being hit by a rocket to the chest).

Two of the children have currently expressed. At last count there were 36 children of the operatives and their spouses. As no records were kept after discharges or in 2 cases disappearances. There may be more.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Now that would have been a lot of fun to play out.

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

...we missed a Spaceballs moment somewhere..

Saibot: Blast! I am your fathers-uncle's-cousin's-best friend's-sister's-nephew's-cousin's former room/clone.

Blast: What does that make us?

Saibot: absolutely nothing! Which is what I'm about to be... -gets killed by Gravitas putting a micro-blackhole through his head-
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

So, just to make sure - the next post is on Havoc in reply to Agent Hawk, and then we progress, yes?
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

*counts out the uncles, cousins, nieces, etc.*

That would put you, like, 3 steps DOWN the family tree ladder from him. Four if you count the clone as a step down and not a step across.

I mean sure, I'm younger than some of my first cousins once removed, but that's only one step down and I'm an oddity.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Actually since he's actually the clone of the best friends nephew's cousin he's not actually on the same tree at all.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Well no, not on the same tree, which I guess makes all the difference, but it's still a hell of a gap.
Haizu
Initiate

Post by Haizu »

What's this Heroewatch thing? I've never heard of it. Oh and is my character appoved or does it need some more changes?
Those who do evil to others...the killers, rapists, psychos, sadists...you'll come to know me well. Frank Castle is dead. Call me....The Punisher.

The world will look up and shout Save Us and I'll whisper..No.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

There was also an arc with Hotfoot's mom, a CIA agent code-named Blackbird.

Herowatch is fun, I had 2-4 accounts there IIRC. I think Frigid was the only one who figured out who I was on there...

And am I alone in thinking of Mark 25 when listening to Buckcherry's Rescue Me?
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

I know who everyone is on herowatch :wink: