Vampire: A City by the Sea

TKT: For all In Character Role Playing threads - the Games play here.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Glaring after the retreating vampire, Aziz watched as the lady took him down, shaking his head as he smiled. Running after her, he could not match her speed, but he would be there soon. He took off at a dead run toward his fleeing foe.
Last edited by rhoenix on Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Konstantin's axe blade came down hard, hitting the vampire in the right of the back. Chain shattered as the vampire rolled forward, trying to avoid the blow, he partly succeeded as it meant Konstantin's blow did not nearly bisect him, but the damage was severe, Konstantin's axe had hewn deep enough to shatter several ribs and pierce what shriveled organs there still were in his body. When Ottar's blow came in only a split second later, the axe caught the man in the same shoulder and finished the work from the other side, splitting him all the way down to the sternum, where Ottar's blade was now stuck. Blood began to leak out of the horrid wound rather than spray, and the vampire collapsed to the ground.

Olaf nodded with a small smile to Lydia as she addressed him "Lady Lydia", Vannius barely seemed to notice her existence as he stared off into the woods. She might have brought the vampire down, but like many that were still new to the blood or unfamiliar with battling vampires, she seemed to have forgotten that her enemies can heal from horribly grievous wounds just as she can. The vampire fixed it's least injured leg enough to use it to cause resistance to her pulling as with one motion he pulled a dagger from his belt and stabbed it deeply into her closest leg and then yanked to one side, ripping her muscles similar to how she just had to him. This actually managed to get Vannius' attention, though he still did not move. Olaf did though, his spear that he carried came up and then down again, hard, on the vampire's back, it took a second jab before he broke through the armor and into the vampire's squishier body. The creature's struggles slowly ceased and Olaf looked to Lydia with a grin on his face. "Seems that one wanted to reach Valhalla."
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Lydia looked down at her wounded leg with a grimace, balancing on the unwounded one. "I'm a fool for not expecting that," she admitted ruefully. So much for impressing the two older Vampires. "Forgive my clumsiness." Though she felt the Hunger rising, she sent her blood to heal the wound so she could continue hauling the vampire's body over to the others, knowing her low status meant she should do the dirty work.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

Florien gathered his retainers after climbing down from behind the wall.

"Anyone injured?" he asked them. He knew the answer from Thomas, but the other two may have been hit without him noticing

Both shook their heads in the negative.

"Good. I may send you into battle, but I do care for all three of you?"

The three blood-bonded ghouls already knew this of course, supernaturally even. So they were filled with a sense of warm pride that their beloved master would say such a thing.

The two infantry shouldered their polearms and the archers their bows and
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
The Silence and I
Disciple

Post by The Silence and I »

Ottar nudges the vampire with his axe head, seeking signs of continued resistance.
Sometime monkey fall from tree.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

"He is mine," snarled Konstantin. The Tzimisce reached down and grabbed the mangled vampire with his right hand and pulled him up. "I told you I was your end," he said, showing his fangs. He tossed aside his victim's helmet and barred his throat. Konstantin bit down and heightened his senses, increasing the sensations derived from draining the precious vitae.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Vannius continued to pay little attention to the others as he walked towards the battle site, Olaf meanwhile pulled his spear from the downed vampire's chest and cleaned it of blood. "A fool is only one that does not learn from their mistakes." He then followed Lydia as she returned to the others.

Konstantin's grab for the downed vampire did get attention however. Thorkell stormed forward on foot, getting there only after Konstantin had begun to drink. The Gangrel elder did not even pause or attempt to reason. Thorkell swung his fist at Konstantin's horse, knocking the horse over, Thorkell strode up to the vampire and grabbed him by the hair, pulling him forcefully away just as Konstantin could feel that there was little blood left in the body.

"He is mine! And I want captives! You will have your spoils as I determine."
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Lydia took the advice humbly, saying no more as she dragged the defeated vampire over and with a final surge of strength threw him contemptuously upon the pile of dead and dying.

She was barely keeping the Beast at bay ... but was given a sudden reminder of the virtues of patience as Thorkell punched out Konstantin's horse and then pulled Konstantin off his prey by the hair. Very slowly she knelt down and started cleaning off her blade, focusing on not being more foolish than she had been thus far.
Last edited by LadyTevar on Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Florien noticed the commotion and turned around, noticed the attempt at Diablery(sp) and the horse punching... and his jaw dropped. Did Konstantin really just do that? No... yes... Oh this was going to be interesting. Indeed so interesting it could be to his advantage.
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Walking back to the others, Aziz had withdrawn a cleaning cloth, and was cleaning his sword as he moved to rejoin the others. He certainly felt drained from the battle, and his own skills certainly needed improving - but he was glad of the experience nonetheless.

His blade Tariq finally sparkling clean, even to his enhanced vision, he sheathed the blade - and as the blade slid home, the effect that silenced all things around him for fifteen feet suddenly ceased. Aziz shook his head vigorously at the sudden onset of sound once more, but he was soon aright.

However, seeing the Tzimisce attempt to pull the heartblood and soul from his defeated foe was...concerning. Did he really think himself so weak, as to want to devour another in the hopes of becoming stronger? He certainly hoped not.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
The Silence and I
Disciple

Ottar growled at the Tzimisce's own vocalization but was willing to let him take the vampire. He was less willing to allow this stranger to perform diablerie and forever silence the enemy against Thorkell's order.
"He is done! Lea--" he began to say, shaking his axe with promise, but Thorkell was willing to act with more swiftness and finality and so the Einherjar held his tongue.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Thorkell's hands were full and Konstantin's fury was inflamed. Twice assaulted and his prey snatched from his hands. Power surged in the Tzimisce's body as he reached out and seized the Gangrel's neck. He twisted. Iron hard muscles resisted, but in this moment Konstantin was strong enough to bend steel. To Konstantin's augmented senses, the crack of bone was like a peel of thunder.

Some rationality still shown through the red haze that ruled his thoughts. The other Gangrel would fall on him in moments if he did as he wished. He had to transform the situation.

The broken neck would be easy to swiftly heal. The actual amount of damage was minor, only what was damaged made it crucial. He had but moments.

He did not twist Thorkell's head off. He did not sink his fangs into the Gangrel's neck. He did not strike with axe, dagger, or sword.

Konstantin could throw a horse in his state. Instead he tossed Thorkell at Ottar. "Twice you have struck me as if I was a nothing! Twice! As if I was not a Son of the Dragon! You are Warlord and you command, but I am Tzimisce, not your childe or your vassal! I am generous. I give you your life and will forswear vengeance. Next time you want me to spare someone, ask." He barred his fangs to the other Gangrel. "Is there any here who would deny my warrior's right to defend my honor and dignity?"
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Florien wanted to intervene but knew doing so would be suicide. However, Konstantin had given him a way in. If the could raise enough vocal support for his right to defend his dignity, it might work... but as he looked around no one who might otherwise be inclined was in the condition to do so. Ottar was probably going to be loyal to THorkell, Aziz was battered and bloody, and Lydia... Lydia was on the ground cleaning her sword, paler than usual and shaking. She was near frenzy, and turning attention away from Konstantin could serve two purposes.

"My Lords and fellow Men At Arms." said the priest. "Deal with that Churl as you will, but grant the Lady Lydia leave to feed for the love of God" he said crossing himself in the process "She is pale, shaking, and the Beast within her is visibly threatening to overcome her"
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Her sword cleaned, Lydia carefully slid it into its sheath with only a minor tremor. Only then did she look up to those gathered.
"Thank You, Good Father...," Lydia's voice was as sharp and bitter as the grey-eyed glare she sent him. "While the Beast does gnaw at me, I was quite willing to await the Warlord's leave." The admission was both confession of her weakness, and that she felt herself fully in control, but now the glare was to Konstantin and the gathered Gangrel, whose little argument was delaying them all from feeding, and exposing them to the risk of her in full bestial frenzy.

"However -- if His Grace and the other Lords will it -- it may be best if I were allowed to sate a little of my hunger, so that this matter might be resolved without more bloodshed." Lydia tried to make it a mere suggestion, a request to those older and wiser than herself, yet the Hunger added a bite to her words she couldn't quite hide. She did not wish to further embarrass herself by becoming lost to Frenzy, but she made no move to rise until given leave.

One night, should she survive, she would have the rank and status to stand and make demands. As yet, however, she was still the outsider, the expatriate noble, and she must bow her head to those with local power.

rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

You lose your tempers so easily when you have won, when you successfully defended your homes, your people, your city?, Aziz thought to himself with a raised eyebrow.

More of his wounds were closing, but the priest Florien's assessment of Lydia was just as apt applied to himself. He most certainly needed a change of clothes now, as his were torn and shredded in many places. Even so, he carried himself as he did before. He did not speak yet, as he was not sure of his place, or what truths would be uncomfortable to hear. Yet.

- William Gibson

The Silence and I
Disciple

Thorkell was heavy, but Ottar himself could lift a horse. He steeled himself against the impact, raising shield and angling away from the impact as he could and kept his feet.
The Tzimisce's words had their own impact as well. Ottar had been prepared to jump in with axe swinging but despite long years in Italy he could still remember honor. He lowers axe and shield to a more neutral hold and steps back to give space--this was between the newcomer and Thorkell now.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Gudrun and the huskarls had looked as though they were about to enter the battle as well, but a swift look from Olaf was enough to stop them. Olaf spoke softly.

"I would not step in the path of a warrior who has had their honor sullied. Either warrior whose honor has been sullied. This is between you and Thorkell." Olaf turned to Lydia and seemed to be about to speak when an inhuman roar filled the air. It had been some seconds since Konstantin's attack, and even breaking the neck of a vampire is simply a delay.

Thorkell was back on his feet with claws six inches long on both hands. The Beast charged forward and swung but he'd given away any surprise and Konstantin was ready for him, the Tzimisce would have a chance to hit first.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Konstantin's axe was in his hand and his blood sang with power. He had one chance, one chance as he called upon all the resources he could muster. Strike swift and strike hard, cripple the Gangrel with one blow.

If not, he was dead.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Konstantin's axe swung true and struck against Thorkell's neck. The elder's rock hard skin parted under the weight of the blow and for an instant it looked as though Konstantin had succeeded in bringing down the Beast. But then the axe lost momentum and came to a stop only part of the way in.

The rest of the fight was quick.

Thorkell's left hand reached out grabbed the offending arm holding the axe and squeezed shut. Talons that could carve through steel sliced through Konstantin's arm as though it were not there and it fell away. Thorkell's next attack pierced cleanly through Konstantin's chest and then sliced upwards, ripping off the Tzimisce's head. Karpathy Konstantin's unlife had fled him before he hit the ground and Thorkell fell on the body, tearing into it repeatedly.

That fight was over, but Thorkell had given in to the beast, and was a potential danger to all now.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Such a waste ... was all Lydia could think as Konstantin failed to kill. She looked away before the end, closing her eyes as the sight of more blood at this time might leave her in the same Beastial state as Thorkell. Let the Einherjar handle their own, now. At this stage Lydia could not aid.

Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

If Florien had a heart to beat, it would be humming in his chest like the wings of a bird.

"Lydia. We should go. In my Manse I have a prisoner upon whom you can feed if we make it that far. But Thorkell is a danger to everyone now and none of us can defend against him. Unless you can feed upon a prisoner very quickly..."
Last edited by Comrade Tortoise on Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Olaf, Gudrun, and Nicolo moved towards Thorkell as the huskarls moved quickly to collect some of the bodies. Olaf glanced to Lydia.

"If you are to feed, do so now while Thorkell's beast is busy with vengeance. He will not likely attack you yet. Feed quickly though."
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Lydia moved quickly, moving to grab a wounded body as far from the raving Gangrel as she could. He attempted to thrash, but she held him firmly, picking him up so she could sink her teeth into the flesh of his neck. The last of her control wavered as she lost herself in the hot sweet blood, frantically trying to take the blood into herself before it drained away out his other wounds.

The Silence and I
Disciple

Ottar moves in with the other Einherjar, standing so that he was between Thorkell and the other vampires--in particular he aims to block his view of Lydia.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Thorkell's attention had turned from death to feeding. The Beast looked at the others that were surrounding him at a distance and growled low. With the object of his hatred now dead, Thorkell was capable of some target prioritization, and he fell upon Konstantin's horse. Olaf glanced at Ottar.

"Get the others together, get the prisoners," he glanced at the prisoner that still lay near the scene of the battle, "most of the prisoners, and start heading back to the city. We will catch up with you."