Dark Ages Vampire

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Then why do it?

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

LadyTevar wrote:Then why do it?
Because, if I'm honest, getting battered by Thorkell twice in one night, the second time while feeding, will push Konstantin to the edge of Frenzy and Thorkell's left himself wide open a very nasty counter attack.

I'm playing a proud warrior. It's what he would do.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

If you get slapped down, can I try biting you? :twisted:

Thorkell might let me have you.

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

LadyTevar wrote:If you get slapped down, can I try biting you? :twisted:

Do whatever you wish.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Cynical Cat wrote:

Do whatever you wish.
More like fail the SelfControl roll this turn and bite nearest blood-source :roll: :lol:

The evil thought is to drain you low enough you're near dead, then blood bond you over the next few nights. A couple munchkins at the LARP I played in did that to their enemies. :twisted:

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

LadyTevar wrote:
Cynical Cat wrote:

Do whatever you wish.
More like fail the SelfControl roll this turn and bite nearest blood-source :roll: :lol:

The evil thought is to drain you low enough you're near dead, then blood bond you over the next few nights. A couple munchkins at the LARP I played in did that to their enemies. :twisted:
If you can and that floats your boat, go ahead.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Cynical Cat wrote:If you can and that floats your boat, go ahead.
Would it bother you if I did? I know Konstantin would not thank her for saving him from Final Death in such a manner :twisted:

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

LadyTevar wrote:
Cynical Cat wrote:If you can and that floats your boat, go ahead.
Would it bother you if I did? I know Konstantin would not thank her for saving him from Final Death in such a manner :twisted:
Well, after he's bound he won't mind so much. I, Julian, wouldn't be angry at all. It's all part of the game.

Of course, Konstantin hasn't been defeated yet. I doubt he will have an unlife to blood bond if he fails.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Yum... my own personal Tzimisce. :twisted:

The Silence and I
Disciple

Post by The Silence and I »

Cynical Cat wrote:
LadyTevar wrote:.........
Maybe allying with Konstantin is a bad idea :roll: :lol:
Yes, there's a good chance that I'll die here.

On the other hand, my Strength is already 7 and Thorkell isn't expecting Konstantin to give him any trouble while at the same time making him very vulnerable to counter attack. We'll see.
On a third hand, there is a berserk standing beside you who happens to be very willing to defend Thorkell. And his strength is 9, I think. Pretty sure I lost the 10th dot this round (it's been three, right?). He also has a soak roll of 12 and two bruised levels left. Do you really think this will go well?
Sometime monkey fall from tree.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

The Silence and I wrote:
Cynical Cat wrote:
LadyTevar wrote:.........
Maybe allying with Konstantin is a bad idea :roll: :lol:
Yes, there's a good chance that I'll die here.

On the other hand, my Strength is already 7 and Thorkell isn't expecting Konstantin to give him any trouble while at the same time making him very vulnerable to counter attack. We'll see.
On a third hand, there is a berserk standing beside you who happens to be very willing to defend Thorkell. And his strength is 9, I think. Pretty sure I lost the 10th dot this round (it's been three, right?). He also has a soak roll of 12 and two bruised levels left. Do you really think this will go well?
Considering you quoted the bit where I said there's a good chance that I'll die, why are you even asking? Although if you really were Norse you'll probably think Thorkell has it coming. His treatment of me would demand a violent response from any honorable being. Play your character as you see fit.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

So, what I'm attempting to do is break Thorkell's next and toss his temporarily paralyzed body at Silence. Since I actually have some success at the instincts roll I can choose a "respect my authoritae" rather than "initiate mass brawl" move.

Rolling dice

Plus 2 autosuccess.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Two possible extra dice from the 10s, ignoring 1s, because of my Strength specialty (powerful shoulders).

Charon can, of course, ignore them if he doesn't think they apply to the situation

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Cynical Cat wrote:
The Silence and I wrote:On a third hand, there is a berserk standing beside you who happens to be very willing to defend Thorkell. And his strength is 9, I think. Pretty sure I lost the 10th dot this round (it's been three, right?). He also has a soak roll of 12 and two bruised levels left. Do you really think this will go well?
Considering you quoted the bit where I said there's a good chance that I'll die, why are you even asking? Although if you really were Norse you'll probably think Thorkell has it coming. His treatment of me would demand a violent response from any honorable being. Play your character as you see fit.
But you'd also have it coming since your treatment of him, twice now, demands violent response. And I made the mistake of toning down Thorkell's response to you this time, ah well.

On that note, you've managed to break his neck. It was very close (since you needed multiple successes as well), but your powerful shoulders gave you the successes you needed.

Now all hell breaks lose, let's see who you can take down with you (or if you can flee fast enough that they can't catch you). :wink:
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Charon wrote:
But you'd also have it coming since your treatment of him, twice now, demands violent response. And I made the mistake of toning down Thorkell's response to you this time, ah well.
No it didn't. Especially since

1) I had only started to drink his blood, which is a long fucking way from diablerie.

2) Prince's courts are Elysium.

3) I'm not one of his childer or vassals.

I'm well within my rights to do what I'm doing and any Norse fucking Gangrel in Konstantin's position would do the same thing if he could.
Last edited by Cynical Cat on Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

You know, I would rather Konstantin not be summarily butchered. Perhaps if we vocally concurred with out Eastern European friend it might convince the north men that by their own customs they ought not kill him...
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Yeah. Right. She's in control. How badly will this prove me wrong...

Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

Barely in control....
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Which is what I told them. I am controlling it for the moment.

The Silence and I
Disciple

Post by The Silence and I »

Cynical Cat wrote:Although if you really were Norse you'll probably think Thorkell has it coming. His treatment of me would demand a violent response from any honorable being. Play your character as you see fit.
That's a very good point, but I don't see it stopping Ottar from defending Thorkell--Konstantin disrespected Thorkell first by violating his orders, leading to this (EDIT: at least, it appeared to Ottar and me that Konstantin was planning to end that vampire). It may slow his hand to where he waits for signs that Thorkell needs aid.

*reads rest of thread* Ah. Well, that time apparently has come. Now to read the game thread and see what I missed.
Last edited by The Silence and I on Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometime monkey fall from tree.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

I don't object to Thorkell killing my character (although I'll go down fighting and try for the win, no matter how hard). I object to the idea that he's somehow justified. He isn't. He's already violated vampire customs all over the place, starting with violence at the Prince's court and going downhill from there.

Of course, being a vicious bastard is entirely keeping with Vampire so I don't think the Storyteller is behaving inappropriately.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

+2 autosuccesses
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

ouch... 4 ones. :shock:

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

much better roll.