Vampire: A City by the Sea

TKT: For all In Character Role Playing threads - the Games play here.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Olaf was stoic, and Ottar could tell that he had been casting his runes earlier. He always got quiet and thoughtful after using them. "Well you will be pleased to know then that it's because there's going to be an attack. Now come, Thorkell and Gudrun are already waiting for us."

The Rune-wise turned and started jogging back towards the city.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

"It is good to know the Dracon survived," Lydia answered, although there was a tightness in her words that she was not quite able to hide. "Many thought all Three had perished. There are several who have not been heard from since."

The Venetians have -much- to answer for. Lydia fumed, one of her hands clenched in a fist where she held it down by her side. "Word had reached us of the conflict with the Usurpers, yet some thought the tales exaggerated," she said, her voice low. "I understand your loss."

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

"Not so much my loss," said Konstantin. "Although, like yours, my ancestors styled themselves Romans, my blood hails mainly from Transylvania, from Hungary and Wallachia and the Voivodate. The Obertus are distant, not close kin. Still, it is a reversal during a period where my clan has suffered . . . unkindnesses and jackals hound our steps. Of course, I am sure you are all too familiar with such things."
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
The Silence and I
Disciple

Post by The Silence and I »

Charon wrote:Olaf was stoic, and Ottar could tell that he had been casting his runes earlier. He always got quiet and thoughtful after using them. "Well you will be pleased to know then that it's because there's going to be an attack. Now come, Thorkell and Gudrun are already waiting for us."

The Rune-wise turned and started jogging back towards the city.
Ottar says nothing in response and follows the Rune-wise towards the city.
Sometime monkey fall from tree.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

"Far too familiar," Lydia agreed freely. <"You are Magyar, then?"> she added in that language, testing him. She did not think many of the Genovese Vampires would know this language, since roots of this language were unclear to scholars. Italian, French, the various languages of the Spainish peninsula were all of Roman descent, but Magyar seemed to be an orphan child, with only a few loan-words from the language of the Turks.

She knew she was giving the Tzimisce far more information than he was her at this point. It was a risk, but one she might gain far more from later on.
Last edited by LadyTevar on Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Olaf did not lead Ottar back to the Old Port that had become home to the Einherjar since their arrival in the city, but into the city proper where they were quickly found by Thorkell and Gudrun.

Gudrun only smirked, tossing her long braided blond hair to one side of her shoulder. "I told you you're too poor a hunter to go out alone." The Valkarie was dressed for battle.

Thorkell only grinned, unlike Gudrun, he was dressed in finer clothing. "Enough taunting Gudrun, save your venom for the poor fools we will be devouring tonight."

Thorkell said nothing more as he turned and made his way deeper into the rich center of the city.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

"In part," he replied Magyar. "And Romanian and Hun and Sezelker and so on. The blood of conquerors runs through my family's veins as the strong has married the strong."
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

<"And kept their lands and status thereby?"> Lydia replied with a knowing smile. <"Conquering the conquerors by marriage and family bonds. A very wise plan that works well with mortal invaders."> In its own way, the Romans subsumed territory just thus, intermarrying, tempting other cultures with the bounty citizenship in the Roman Empire offered, until the people of the land simply considered themselves Roman and nothing else.

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

"That and being fell handed slayers in war. Political and military skill must be wed together or what is one with one will be lost to the other."
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

<"I see your boast to the Prince was not idle," she said, bending her head in acknowledgment. "Your knowledge of rulership is not simply from your Sire. Even as a mortal, you would have been a leader of men."

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

"I was a leader of men. I held the high passes for the King and the mountains for my voivode. No mortal could best me in war and feud. From my father I learned the sword and the lance and from my mother I learned the knife in the dark."
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

The Grecian woman thought about this for a moment, before looking towards the dias. <"Then, if the rumors are correct, it may be good you are here.">

The rumor was still the one she herself had concocted, yet the Tzimisce should not know that. Lydia was sure he would be suspicious about how much she was freely giving away, yet she was growing very sure that she could use this Konstantin as an ally.

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

"And what rumor would that be?" Konstantin asked. He was wary of her. Greeks were notoriously tricky and that "indiscretion" could very well have been to try and lure him into siding with and underestimating her. Well, if that was true, so much the better.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Lydia looked back at him, her gray eyes solemn. "This court has a Seer of high skill. If the rumor is true, we are gathered tonight because of something he has foreseen." It was getting easier to look upon him. "Somehow, I do not think your arrival would cause such fuss," she added, her face breaking into a sudden, teasing smile.

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

"Perhaps," said Konstantin. "Or perhaps not." He had other concerns than vague prophecies. Tzimisce did not rely on vision to guess the future, they used their vision to gain knowledge and power and then shape the future.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

"Believe me or not, it does not matter," Lydia answered, the teasing smile still on her face. "I am sure we will know the truth once the Gangrel finally arrive... they are the only ones not yet gathered."

"I am sure you have noted the Tremere looking our way, since we have been speaking Magyar?"

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

"No," said Konstantin, "I haven't been paying attention. I've assumed that they'll be overhearing every conversation I'll have hear that isn't blocked by thick walls or screened with heavy background noise and they'll understand any language I am speaking."
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

Florien had enough watching, he was starting to become bored. Normally he would rather be listening while using the rack. Which reminded him.

He walked over to Nicolo at an opportune moment. As much as he had enjoyed sparing with Virgil, it would be nice to talk to someone with a similar outlook.

"Evening. How have you been since I last saw you?" he said, pleasantly enough. He was not trying to gain any particular social advantage. He was just bored.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

"then I hope your haven has good thick walls," Lydia answered, her gray eyes glancing sideways at the Tremere.

The Silence and I
Disciple

Charon wrote:Olaf did not lead Ottar back to the Old Port that had become home to the Einherjar since their arrival in the city, but into the city proper where they were quickly found by Thorkell and Gudrun.

Gudrun only smirked, tossing her long braided blond hair to one side of her shoulder. "I told you you're too poor a hunter to go out alone." The Valkarie was dressed for battle.
"I'll have you know I fought a ferocious doe out there. Alone, before you ask."
Thorkell only grinned, unlike Gudrun, he was dressed in finer clothing. "Enough taunting Gudrun, save your venom for the poor fools we will be devouring tonight."

Thorkell said nothing more as he turned and made his way deeper into the rich center of the city.
Time to get this over with. A promise of battle notwithstanding Ottar still has no desire to put up with the bullshit that seemed to pervade the court.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Gudrun only laughed at that. "We should call you Ottar Doekiller in honor of such a prestigious feat. Maybe Olaf can spin the tales of your dangerous hunt at the next feast!"

It wasn't a long walk to Maria's domain, though a pair of guards had to be cowed before they had reached their destination.

Augustus was at the door, little toady that he was. He bowed and gave placation before leading the group in.

Nicolo looked at Florien, though he did not move his head. The fellow follower of the Night was always cold, even to his fellow. "As well as I have been." Florien paused, and it seemed as though he only did so because he knew that was how it was supposed to work. "And you?"

At that moment, Augustus entered the room and stepped to the side, "Presenting for your lordship," he paused to let the conversations die down. "Lord Redblood and his retinue."

Thorkell stepped in without ceremony, a very large man who looked like he was built of three bears. He was immensely hairy and his ears on close inspection pointed some. The most telling though was the way he walked, it was not quite human. Three other vampires followed after him, these were the Einherjar of the city. The Warlord and his servants.
The Silence and I
Disciple

Ottar glances around the area but says nothing, and stays relatively near Thorkell and the other Einherjar. His left eye is blue for those close enough to see, and his right is more of a shallow pit covered in scar tissue. An injury from before he became an Afterganger. He is dressed for battle, wearing his chain, a dagger and his battle axe. A round shield is secured to his back and rough, thick clothing is draped and gathered around his back to muffle its movement.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

"The Warlord," Lydia informed Konstantin softly just after the announcement. "Now, we shall hear what the Seer has foreseen."

Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

"More intrigued now than I was prior" Florien said quickly but politely. Something interesting was hopefully about to occur.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

"There are Norsemen here?" Konstantin asked. It was . . . unlikely to say the least. What would they be doing so far from their haunts and in a city of all places and in numbers? What could possibly make them desire to move here and submit to Christian vampires?"