New User Introductions Mk II

GH: General Discussion

Moderator: LadyTevar

GreyGriffin
Acolyte

Post by GreyGriffin »

You are no match for my Rutting Tapir style!
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

Bah! Your Kung Fu is weak! Feel the wrath of my Anorexic Lemur style!
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

Post by Batman »

Area effect weapons beat Kung-Fu every time.
Welcome to LibriumArcana, GreyGriffin.
A warm welcome from the rest of us Cave Dwellers, and Mistress Barbara and Master Richard too, Master GreyGriffin.
'I wonder how far the barometer sunk.'-'All der way. Trust me on dis.'
'Go ahead. Bake my quiche'.
'Undead or alive, you're coming with me.'
'Detritus?'-'Yessir?'-'Never go to Klatch'.-'Yessir.'
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
'Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a sword a little'
'Run away, and live to run away another day'-The Rincewind principle
'Hello, inner child. I'm the inner babysitter.'
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

"Kung-fu is very ineffective against machine gun fire."

- Anonymous

"Hey, what happened to my gun?"

-Anonymous
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

Post by Batman »

Machine guns are NOT area effect weapons.
FAEs and/or CBUs. Case closed.
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Pin-point strike capable satellite-based weapons are my weapon of choice over AoE stuff..

Of course, for me, irradiating all of Tokyo in lethal radiation levels to get the guy standing in Akihabara Train station is pinpoint enough for me.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Batman
The Dark Knight

Post by Batman »

You DO know your definition of pinpoint is even more area effect than the standard definition of area effect, right?
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Batman wrote:You DO know your definition of pinpoint is even more area effect than the standard definition of area effect, right?
"Pinpoint" in this case means "within one AU," I think.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Batman
The Dark Knight

Post by Batman »

Now let's be fair. He DID limit it to the general Tokyo area.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Batman wrote:Now let's be fair. He DID limit it to the general Tokyo area.
Which, depending on which anime you watch, can in fact span an entire AU. :wink:

- William Gibson

Batman
The Dark Knight

Post by Batman »

Apparently Anime Tokyo is a LOT larger than its real world iteration.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Batman wrote:Apparently Anime Tokyo is a LOT larger than its real world iteration.
At least in some people's fevered imaginations, yes.

- William Gibson

Batman
The Dark Knight

Post by Batman »

An entire AU? That's one fevered imagination alright.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

My definition of pinpoint is also based on the fact I like to make sure the target can't escape the pinpoint attack.

Unless he's Batman.....somehow you keep escaping my pinpoint satellite based attacks....
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Batman
The Dark Knight

Post by Batman »

Maybe you should build your own satellites instead of stealing them from Wayne Aerospace of all places (or having them build by third parties that, eventually, are owned by WayneCorp) :razz:
Last edited by Batman on Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Batman wrote:Maybe you should build your own satellites instead of stealing them from Wayne Aerospace of all places (or having them build by third parties that, eventually, are owned by WayneCorp) :razz:
LOL ROOTED

- William Gibson

Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

Post by Jason_Firewalker »

Just remember not to buy the parts from Wayne Corp subsidiaries
'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all'
-- Sir Issac Asimov

The True Resurrection would undo the chartrusing of the Gnome
-- My friend figuring out how to permanently turn a gnome chartreuse

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents
--HP Lovecraft in Call Of Cthulhu
Utanka
Acolyte

Post by Utanka »

Hey I am a friend of Firewalkers, I am obsessed with Dragons and Fallout the video games, Fallout 3 is EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Utanka wrote:Hey I am a friend of Firewalkers, I am obsessed with Dragons and Fallout the video games, Fallout 3 is EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome to LibArc - may you enjoy things here. High-quality nerdery is our thing.

- William Gibson

Batman
The Dark Knight

Post by Batman »

Actually, Fallout 3 is Bethesda/Ubisoft.
And welcome to LA, Utanka.
Comrade Rudolf
Acolyte

Post by Comrade Rudolf »

hello all. guess I'm suppose to post something here. :) I have a lot of tabletop experience in lots of different games. WoD, D20, TORG... others. Never played forum style but I like the look of it so far.
Is this where I write some witty comment?
The Silence and I
Disciple

Post by The Silence and I »

It's a little different, as the players are not gathered at one time for the game. There is also a little more flexibility given to the players as they have to act without GM feedback for longer and so each player is in a sense a mini story teller. Many players also provide detailed information about their character's thoughts and feelings, more or less because the forum format lets them.

You'll figure it in no time. Welcome to the board :smile:
Sometime monkey fall from tree.
EarthScorpion
Apprentice

Post by EarthScorpion »

Heya, I'm EarthScorpion, directed to this board by Academia Nut as a good place to run a CthulhuTech game. Some of you may have read Aeon Natum Engel on SD.net, as many of the denizens of that place also appear to frequent this one. :grin:

I've got some experience with both running and playing in pbp games, although the ones I've tried to run before have suffered the high attrition rate common to this mode of play. I'm hoping that, on a smaller forum, there's less chance of it being buried or forgotten about.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Comrade Rudolf wrote:hello all. guess I'm suppose to post something here. :) I have a lot of tabletop experience in lots of different games. WoD, D20, TORG... others. Never played forum style but I like the look of it so far.
Hello, and welcome. I started here with pretty much the same experience. Forum-based and tabletop-based play are similar, but complementary, I've found.
EarthScorpion wrote:Heya, I'm EarthScorpion, directed to this board by Academia Nut as a good place to run a CthulhuTech game. Some of you may have read Aeon Natum Engel on SD.net, as many of the denizens of that place also appear to frequent this one. :grin:

I've got some experience with both running and playing in pbp games, although the ones I've tried to run before have suffered the high attrition rate common to this mode of play. I'm hoping that, on a smaller forum, there's less chance of it being buried or forgotten about.
Hello, and welcome to you as well.

I won't lie, games here sometimes are left out in the sun to die sometimes, but for the most part we help one another out in the games. Most of us being writers helps us focus on the story more, as well.

- William Gibson

Kurald Galain
Acolyte

Post by Kurald Galain »

Hi, I'm Kurald Galain, and I've lurked this board and SD.net for a while. I dicided to sign up to play the rpgs.
Out- out are the lights- out all!
And, over each quivering form,
The curtain, a funeral pall,
Comes down with the rush of a storm,
While the angels, all pallid and wan,
Uprising, unveiling, affirm
That the play is the tragedy, "Man,"
And its hero the Conqueror Worm.